Community Team NINJA Halloween Costume Contest

synce

Nyotengu, Sarah, and Marie are great, but I'm baffled by some of the other top 10. The back view of P4's Zero cosplay actually made me laugh and Pai and Leifang are just plain bad. But this does remind me TN hasn't released a maid fetish DLC yet, so that's definitely coming after the bath towel DLC >_> Well back to SF

Blash

Well, if your design is a hot girl with more boobs than clothing, sure. Go for it.
Yeah @Brute see thats my problem. I have an idea for, what I think would be a great addition to the game's universe and story, but they are a male character... so thats me screwed!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well, I am really disappointed.... Actually not so much that my design didn't make a top spot, as I didn't think it would, because there were so much other great entries this time, but because not even those got a chance. It's literally just naked boobs and asses that won. :/ Where's the costume design in that...?

Brute

Standard Donor
I said that conversation was over. And yet you guys just couldn't resist, could you?

I'd be handing out warnings if I weren't so rushed to get out the door. If I hear any more bickering about Princess Kasumi / Tyaren having a feud from anyone, you're getting warnings when I return. No exceptions.

Shiranui

People here can complain and can love results of the contest. This is a forum and is the perfect place to do such things. This is about opinions, as far as everybody shows respect to the others.

Blash

Back on to the topic at hand then...
No word yet on the "other" announcements. Wonder if we will hear anything today. Its about midnight in Japan now, so I would have to say no.

What could be done in the future could be regional contests. One for Europe, one for US/Canada, one for Japan/Asia. Top 5 of each, No voting restrictions based on region.

When that has concluded, you could have an over all winner, or supreme little miss darling, if you will! That would sort out any controversy, or suspected controversy with voting and also help TN hit a wider market.

I dunno!

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
ill show respect to people who deserve it which is luckily most, but not all.

i wasn't kidding when i said "next 50 entries" we had 100 less entries this time and this conteset in no way encouraged creativity or interesting concepts. how many do you think are going to enter the next one knowing that?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
No, Demon or Sumo Bass? I'm still hopeful they'll add either two, though I prefer Demon Bass at this point. It really fits the whole holloween season.

Back on to the topic at hand then...
No word yet on the "other" announcements. Wonder if we will hear anything today. Its about midnight in Japan now, so I would have to say no.

What could be done in the future could be regional contests. One for Europe, one for US/Canada, one for Japan/Asia. Top 5 of each, No voting restrictions based on region.

When that has concluded, you could have an over all winner, or supreme little miss darling, if you will! That would sort out any controversy, or suspected controversy with voting and also help TN hit a wider market.

I dunno!
The general public have terrible taste regardless of the country, if you ever do any sort work in an artistic field you will find most clients want horrible crap.

ChainCombo

Well, I am really disappointed.... Actually not so much that my design didn't make a top spot, as I didn't think it would, because there were so much other great entries this time, but because not even those got a chance. It's literally just naked boobs and asses that won. :/ Where's the costume design in that...?
Completely and utterly agree. Forget flare and style and class, right? Just put some small bits of cloth, a few strings and you have a costume.

Puño de Leyenda

*Sees results* Typical. Welp, at least Sarah and Pai made it to the top 10! Go VF!

GGs to everyone else who entered the contest though! Hopefully this isn't the last we've heard of Kabuki Akira!!! :akira:

REALDEMO

Standard Donor
^Facebook has less than a 10% user ratio in Japan. Contrast that to the west, where almost everyone has Facebook. I don't even have a Facebook account, so I didn't even participate in the last one. That's why "western" votes were prominent in the last contest. Like I said earlier, the English core community for DOA is relatively small with the fairly new influx of gamers thanks to DOA5 as a multiplatform -- and they're also the loudest. It wasn't until DOA3.1 where it started to appear as tourney-ready, whereas Japan has had consistent local tourneys (especially in Akihabara (秋葉原)) since DOA++. And the casual audience is even bigger in not just Japan, but in Asia (which also shares most of Japan's "tastes").

The notion that the contest was somehow "trolled" by the Japanese is lame. Try to put things into perspective. That's sort of a narcissistic view of things *not just from you, but from a few posts I glanced over in this thread.

kfad

The Japanese have always had a stronger fanbase so I'm not surprised by it but I am annoyed with the choices. This is just my opinion so no offense to the artists, but where all of these designs are very well done I only really like tengu and sarah. The rest feel like they're just skimpy for the sake of being skimpy. Usually I wouldn't mind the skimpy clothes, I think it's cool every now and then but I'm bored with it now and would like to see something else. That's not to say they should be covered completely but it'd be nice to have costumes with substance (if that makes sense XD )

Blash

The general public have terrible taste regardless of the country, if you ever do any sort work in an artistic field you will find most clients want horrible crap.
I do...
And I have...
:)
Very much so. Thats why I would like to see a TN exclusive contest!

Only my personal opinion, but I don't like how Pai and Sarah get votes over DOA characters. Ive never been a VF fan, never will be, and I personally feel its a waste!

Argentus

So, we already have winners!

Congratulations to all winners. Specially to that Nyotengu who won, since I participated with Nyotengu as well.

That being said, my personal opinion:
I don't like any costume xDD
Maybe that Sarah is for me the best, and Phase-4 is ok looking. The rest... Well, artists have all my respect but if we get any of those costumes in the game I'm not going to buy anyone.
I don't want to sound like a sore loser, I'm not. It's about my personal tastes. Any of these costumes like me. But i have to admit they fit well with "DoA" style.

Too bad, I would prefered so many others.

Impressed by how a render style can make it better.

(OMG, that Pai, that Leifang, that 1rst place... LOL)

Wow. How disappointing.

To clarify, it sucks that because its only ten, its just the usual lineup. Same girls every time.

JKT

Posted this in the casual thread, might as well post it here too:

Poem of Some Voters (Based on the winning designs)

No boobs, you lose!
No ass, I'll pass!
There's men? Since when!
Vote sluts, not nuts!

Design? Decline!
Classy!? Skimpy!
Cleavage = Homage!
Got skin, you win!

(Poem not representative of ALL voters)

DontForkWitMe

meh I honestly couldn't give 2 shits about these contests since there sole purpose for me is to give TN ideas for actual unique Leon outfits since after all this time they still haven't giving him jack shit new other than charging for his old outfits from previous games and horrible themed copy and past garbage like the santa/sports pack. Not gonna bother participating in any of these future shams until it is proven that these designs actually amount to being included in the game

nothingtosee

Well these results are pretty disappointing, from the top 10 i guess i only like nyotengu, marie rose and the skeleton kasumi one, the rest is pretty much over sexualized and dont get me started on that Hitomi entry i seriously hope that was some heavy trolling.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD