Characters Team Ninja, I'm speaking to you.

KwonJigglypuff

DOA always offered beautiful choregraphies. The roster is very varied as of now.

What is really missing in my opinion, is a traditional non-American hybrid grappler who uses Judo or Jitsu, and who has many tricks like Goh from Virtua Fighters.

On the opposite, I'd like a fighter with amazing choregraphic stunts, something like Parkour (I know it's not a martial art, but still). Or any exotic fighting style, something no other fighting game has. DOA is known for his stage elements and danger zones. We need a fighter who can make use of these elements as much as possible with more options than any other fighter (wall, ceiling, obstacles, tigers...).

I want more and more individualities in the roster, but it's hard to be original after 30+ characters..

And of course I'd like a latina MILF

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
Ummm... Sorry but, Ein isn't a clone.

Ein is Hayate when he was suffering amnesia, Ein is a non canoncal character. He's not even a gameplay clone either because he came before Hayate/Hitomi.

Also, a Hayabusa/Mugen Tenshin mix character exists already, Momiji.

Momiji has several of Hayates moves not just his CB.
I meant 'clone' as a metaphor, just as Shiden is a clone of Hayate. A branched off character and built upon from similar move lists, such as Leon from Bayman.

And technically Momiji is not Mugen Tenshin, new characters barrow some moves from other characters, happens all the time in fighting games.

UpSideDownGRUNT

That
I meant 'clone' as a metaphor, just as Shiden is a clone of Hayate. A branched off character and built upon from similar move lists, such as Leon from Bayman.

And technically Momiji is not Mugen Tenshin, new characters barrow some moves from other characters, happens all the time in fighting games.
Still doesn't make sense though...
Ein came before Hayate and Hitomi, if anything they're clones of Ein.

The only moves Ein has that was taken from other characters were Kasumi's H+K K Hayate/Hitomi's power launcher and Hitomi's 4P+K everything else is moves he's had since DOA2 except 1P but that is original to Ein.

Last edited:

Lulu

A parkour-esque fighting style is very flamboyant. you aren't making sense.

I just they don't make a character that can bypass the game's mechanics the way Tekken did with Eddie Gordo and That lil Green Dude from Soul Calibur..... I'm sorry.... I never watched Star Wars. :(

Anyway.... Brad Wong was dangerously close to having this problem due to his stance.... this is why his hit and grabbed animations are so abrupt and unnatural.. when in one of his stances. Its for the sake of balance.

Lets not repeat the Akuma Debacle.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Helena and and Marie Rose are much worse than Brad in those regards who mainly confuses than flat out refuses to play by the rules.

Helena can render 90% of your movelist useless by ducking your mids and Marie can dodge pretty much anything with a side step that avoids, lows, tracking, throws etc...

Brad can misdirect you but if you know what he's doing you can stop him.

WAZAAAAA

4GYkFocTSeIG.png

All you need is Tengu. He's humble and doesn't look down to humanity at all.

Lulu

Helena and and Marie Rose are much worse than Brad in those regards who mainly confuses than flat out refuses to play by the rules.

Helena can render 90% of your movelist useless by ducking your mids and Marie can dodge pretty much anything with a side step that avoids, lows, tracking, throws etc...

Brad can misdirect you but if you know what he's doing you can stop him.

Helena is only a problem if you go in Guns Blazing..... next time you fight a Helena Player.... don't attack..... just stand there and watch them.... They'l Bokuho Squat randomly because the move is just that good.... but only against agressive players.... it simply doesn't work if you just wait for them to make clowns of themselves while they do it when there's nothing to duck under.
Most importantly Helena needs to raise her profile up to crouching status if she wants to mount and offense.... she can't render your move list irrelevant and Bokuho Squat at the Same Time.... its either one or the other. Its a suboptimal strategy but its a good one

Brad Wong's most powerful Stance is his hand stance.... it grants him access to An 11Frame mid, and unholdable String, a throw and a low attack for Mix Ups..... if you hit Brad Wong in his Hand Stand then he simply falls to the ground..... its possible to combo him but you need a quick launching move to do that..... The Handstand is a actually very low risk high reward type of move.... getting hit out of it is no big deal because you just fall to the ground..... that just doesn't happen with Bokuho.... since you can combo off that... I don't know how fast the fastest attack is out of Bokuho though... strangely enough she has Bokuho Attacks that it High first.... I'm assuming those will be the fastest ones... If thats the case high crush isn't a bad move

Unfortunately I don't own Marie "Totally 18" Rose so I don't know what the weakness of that jumping free stepping side step is.... but yeah it is strong.... as far as I can tell the only thing keeping it in check is how painfully slow the recovery of her Butt Slam is.... I also don't know how fast and Strong her BT tools are after performing the side step. They must be good enough to make not cancelling her Command Side Step into the Butt Slam a good strategy.

Damn I wish TN Released LR on retail (for the 360) so that I could just import it. :( then I can play as Marie "Totally 18" Rose again.

SoftCabbage

Have you seen Pencak Silat? Very parkour-esk, and original.

Haven't seen this style depicted in a video game before.

Erm... That parkour-esk is just a part of choreography to pump the action up....

Pencak Silat originally is more towards dancing motion to make impredictable moves before launching dangerous hits.

Honestly, no martial arts have parkour-esque move as part of the training and combat. You talk about martial arts, that means you talk about effective self defense and hardening mentality.

All you see in movies are mixed for choreography purpose only.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Well loli is illegal in some countries so them pointing out that their age is 18 is good.

Genshin/Muramasa would be awesome.
Yes we need more old characters, and some younger dudes too.

Was there not a rumour or something where Genra's theme appeared in LR? Do yall think Genra or like a copy of him is coming soon?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD