Team Ninja is their own worst enemy.

HHH816

i think Nioh 2 going to flop because their tweet get less like and retweet. the new Atelier success might shape KT direction to add fan services.

what TN game that can include fan service. Ninja GAIDEN

Addictrian

Very funny. Excuse me for necroing this thread, but I honestly am tired of every Dead Or Alive threads getting crippled down by amnesiac weaboos parroting shitty outrage sparked by their super flawless reviewers, until it's so f*cking hard to read some tech discussion about this motherf*cking fighting game.

That's right.

OP said this is asset-flip. Alright, the movesets and grunts voice-over are largely so. Sadly that's how fighting games are, including the now-suddenly-super-cool DOA5. The rest of the features are new or continuing the latest booming feat (such as breaking costumes), regardless you like it or not.

If this was an asset-flip of DOA5, then there wouldn't be complaints, because it would be the same DOA5(LR) with it's super good PS3 graphic. There are complaints because there are differences in the game, right? Be careful on using that hot ignorant term.

Not to mention there are a lot of people who want previous things to return, such as Momiji and certain DLC costumes. That means people want asset flip. Ironic.

What else?

"The game has less content than DOA5LR"

DOA5 Last Round is a work of rerelease after rerelease. DOA5 Last Round is the second rerelease of a same game if not counting DOA5+ and DOA5LR PS3 or PS4. Talking about 'bad practice' this 'bad practice' that, which something the community likes to criminalize DOA6 with, to re-release a game with random DLC and sprinkled a few new content followed by another one-way overpriced DLC sets is bad practice, dumbasses.

"DOA5 has more characters than DOA6"

Apart from Mila and Rig, who were new in DOA5 vanilla? Sarah and Akira are guests. You could lose them anytime the TN-Sega's term of agreement ends. Really shouldn't count them in.

DOA6 has 24 original characters (outside Nyo, P4, Mai, Kula). DOA5 has 21 original characters (outside Akira and Sarah).

Wanna compare DOA6 to 5U and 5LR? Read the previous point.

"DOA6 didn't have Lobby Match at launch"

You guys gamers are really overproud of quoting the virtuous idea of delay while using Shigeru Miyamoto meme. TN promised they wanted to polish it first. So go eat your own words.

"DOA6 has expensive Season Pass and costume DLC"

So were the DOA5 Vanilla and so did the Season Passes in DOA5U and LR, which you guys heavily supported up to SEASON PASS 7.

Nobody raged back then and now suddenly you reviewer-worshiping spineless twats make it seem like DOA6 started it first.

"DOA6 costume DLC is based on few same costume designs with different pattern."

Again, that's how it is been since DOA5 and that's what I used to complain. But then again it went all the way up to 7 Season Passes outside of previous DLC packs.

"DOA6 doesn't have individual purchase for costume DLC"

For western version, yes. Send your complaints to TN and/or don't buy the Season Pass at all.

"DOA6 costume DLC is bleak and boring"

Seals the point above. You don't need to buy then. Ease your shoulders.

"DOA6 has Core Fighters few days after release"

And again CF is what people want.

TN never asked you to buy the game day 1 and the game wouldn't launch itself to the moon if you didn't. If you wanted CF, you could have waited. Why buy something you don't think it's worth it?

"DOA6 Story Mode sucks"

Because everyone gets their slice in Story Mode, including DLC characters? Marie Rose, Honoka, Raidou, Nyotengu from DOA5 asked what's up.

Wrong game if you're asking for quality fiction. This is the game where every tiny disagreement is dealt with injuries.

"DOA6 toned down sexualization"

Like by how much? All I see is that these characters are still ultimately good looking and sexualized.

Besides the mistranslation mess, it's all understandable if they say all these stuff to avoid the sensitive group of people, while in fact, they are still going for sexualized characters.

"DOA6 has a few and recolor costumes"

Oh yes, because DOA5 totally never had anything like those, yeah? Never was it so few with additional recolor each.

I supposed you could be happier without recolor additions.

All of these are the after-effect of your previous support, so try not to have selective amnesia and getting outraged on something you showed support just because some f*cktard game critique who neither care with the series or play the game sparked you to.

In conclusion, the biggest enemy is the community. I'm not talking about MarieRose/Honkers or those who wish for Nipple-Cover and Cock-Sock DLC. I'm talking about a certain group of chaotic people who worship reviewers and critiques that don't know about a game and its history, sparked into outraging over something that they previously accepted and supported with a biased, bashful, oversmart attitude, causing false information to spread into even newcomers for the sake of making more people to hate DOA6.

You guys are not helping the game and series in any form with your airbag criticism and opinions that you treat yourself as truth.

If you're wondering why DOA is not being taken seriously, then please realize that you were a part of the problem then and you are a part of the problem now. And your attitude of trashing every discussion boards, including Reddit, just makes it worse.

You are very right with most of what you said .but not with one thing - In doa5 lr i already told TN not to do copy paste costumes and loosing there equality to make differnece between the female and male fighters .

But evrybody bought that shit -sry.
i knew back than that they will keep doing this till season pass 7 and i barely lost interest in it after season pass 3- or 4 .the only ones that were actually cool were the costume design contest costumes .

So its not new that we are all complaining about that . more important is that we are forced to pay twice a time for stuff most of the "fans" bought in doa 5 already . that is an issue . im not a rich bitch sry.

so when now more people sharing their opinions and speaking their minds cause they realize (finally) what is really going on (not only tornament players are fans )sry)

is that very good and should go further till they bring that change that should have been there even in doa5 lr .

no offense or hate but its not alright what they are doing with the dlc policy .

im also not against sexy costumes or that toned down shit that is going on worldwide .
its nonsense . im against censorship everywhere .

doa was sexy but with style and uniquness and equality and thats was the fact it caught my attention in the past ,cause it was different to other fighting games and beautiful . look at older games they still are wonderful and passionate .

now it feels like Venus vacation where its exactly about titties and sexualizing the women to make them dump and brainless.

ist about love and passion for one thing to create something more people like and be successful .

that is missing -a big part besides the gameplay and technical standards .

ag game could be apiceled game and sell over a milion copies when its done with love .

basta =)

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Fixed. TN are only doing to what's given to them. Blame the root, not the branch.

I still insist that's also TN fault.

Koei can insist in that they have to work on some fetish costumes due money and they are definitely the oned that pushed the release date when the game wasn't (and imo it's still not) finished.

But when it comes to other things, like gameplay, I blame TN. Koei can tell them they have to simplify gamplay because other games are doing it but it's TN who decides what they remove and how they plan it. I don't think a suit guy that don't play games goes to TN headquarters and tell them: "ey guys, half of stages have to be broken so that way they will be banned in tournaments, make most characters boring to play removing properties that exist since DOA2 and to piss people off even more, make sure they have to gain around 3 costumes patterns by each Arcade mode run, they will love having to play half year to unlock a single costume, one that they don't want".

It's easy to notice if a dev team love their franchise and what they are doing and with this game it's obvious that TN doesn't care for DOA anymore. It just feel like a service, they release half-baked things and they gain bucks to keep investing in Nioh.

werewolfgold

Dont blame fanservice fans for the current state of DOA 6.

If DOA 6 Is mediocre its because TN.
s4eamxv.jpg

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I still insist that's also TN fault.

Koei can insist in that they have to work on some fetish costumes due money and they are definitely the oned that pushed the release date when the game wasn't (and imo it's still not) finished.

But when it comes to other things, like gameplay, I blame TN. Koei can tell them they have to simplify gamplay because other games are doing it but it's TN who decides what they remove and how they plan it. I don't think a suit guy that don't play games goes to TN headquarters and tell them: "ey guys, half of stages have to be broken so that way they will be banned in tournaments, make most characters boring to play removing properties that exist since DOA2 and to piss people off even more, make sure they have to gain around 3 costumes patterns by each Arcade mode run, they will love having to play half year to unlock a single costume, one that they don't want".

It's easy to notice if a dev team love their franchise and what they are doing and with this game it's obvious that TN doesn't care for DOA anymore. It just feel like a service, they release half-baked things and they gain bucks to keep investing in Nioh.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it was KT who decided to run the costume patten parts system. The whole point of the system is to get the players to play the game longer, since it takes longer to unlock costumes than in older DOA's. I wouldn't really say that TN doesn't care about DOA anymore, it's more like KT never really cared about DOA beyond being a vehicle to sell DLC.

candynarwhal

Honestly, the problem is that DOA became way too Japanese after Itagaki left the franchise. Tecmo should've given him that bonus he ended up quitting the company over, and we might've had very different games to play now, common business practices of today notwithstanding. :rolleyes:

I've said this before, but Itagaki's sensibilities were comparatively Western, and that's what gave DOA its edge as a kind of fusion - unmistakably Japanese, to be sure, but with that "sex, drugs and rock & roll" twist, where Hayashi and Shimbori instead decided to double down on anime tropes.

It would be interesting to see what a Western developer could do with DOA, actually...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Honestly, the problem is that DOA became way too Japanese after Itagaki left the franchise. Tecmo should've given him that bonus he ended up quitting the company over, and we might've had very different games to play now, common business practices of today notwithstanding. :rolleyes:

I've said this before, but Itagaki's sensibilities were comparatively Western, and that's what gave DOA its edge as a kind of fusion - unmistakably Japanese, to be sure, but with that "sex, drugs and rock & roll" twist, where Hayashi and Shimbori instead decided to double down on anime tropes.

While I somewhat agree, having Itagaki on board didn't give DOA that much justice either to be quite fair, that man tried to be too different (competitive-wise which didn't work out). He was more of an action-packed man than anything else (it's why Ninja Gaiden was damn good at the start) despite being more open in culture and a bit more diverse. Even if Itagaki was still around, he'd also still have to listen to KT which is the root of it all when it came to most DOA issues (probably a key element to why he wants to do his "own" thing every time he mentioned it on FB). Budget control and executives and so on which is beyond TN's control.

The game would probably be in a slightly different direction yeah (in both good and bad), though him on board won't exactly change the outcome to DOA problems and stigma. Itagaki was also against NG characters to being in the game (exception of Hayabusa) so some people may have to think about that for a bit.

People tend to ask "well how come Nioh is doing well??" - I mean hey, they are doing to what's given to them probably, on top that Nioh is actually really good so they make a lot of effort on that one. If they gave them a small plate of food, they'll have to make do I guess. KT may actually not give a damn about DOA as long as it makes money. They even have DOA Pachinko machines and other gambling portions so @Force_of_Nature may not even be wrong. Course I can't deny problems/overlooks of TN themselves, but I feel like most major ones happens to be the people above them, especially when it comes to marketing the game.

unmistakably Japanese, to be sure, but with that "sex, drugs and rock & roll" twist, where Hayashi and Shimbori instead decided to double down on anime tropes.

I mean, it's been known on the case for him to go with the direction of what "he" liked and he -somewhat- listened to the fanbase (almost like indoctrination), but it probably would be a new change of pace yeah.

It would be interesting to see what a Western developer could do with DOA, actually...

Depends who it is I guess yeah, but people still have to remember that DOA is heavily niche. They do not have that NRS Warner Bros. budget. along with having smaller teams. I definitely don't disagree with how it gets milked with severe animu so can't blame anyone, though the game was pretty anime trope from the start, it just looks more apparent than ever before.

Last edited:

candynarwhal

While I somewhat agree, having Itagaki on board didn't give DOA that much justice either to be quite fair, that man tried to be too different (competitive-wise which didn't work out). He was more of an action-packed man than anything else (it's why Ninja Gaiden was damn good at the start) despite being more open in culture and a bit more diverse. Even if Itagaki was still around, he'd also still have to listen to KT which is the root of it all when it came to most DOA issues (probably a key element to why he wants to do his "own" thing every time he mentioned it on FB). Budget control and executives and so on which is beyond TN's control.

The game would probably be in a slightly different direction yeah (in both good and bad), though him on board won't exactly change the outcome to DOA problems and stigma. Itagaki was also against NG characters to being in the game (exception of Hayabusa) so some people may have to think about that for a bit.

People tend to ask "well how come Nioh is doing well??" - I mean hey, they are doing to what's given to them probably, on top that Nioh is actually really good so they make a lot of effort on that one. If they gave them a small plate of food, they'll have to make do I guess. KT may actually not give a damn about DOA as long as it makes money. They even have DOA Pachinko machines and other gambling portions so @Force_of_Nature may not even be wrong. Course I can't deny problems/overlooks of TN themselves, but I feel like most major ones happens to be the people above them, especially when it comes to marketing the game.

I mean, it's been known on the case for him to go with the direction of what "he" liked and he -somewhat- listened to the fanbase (almost like indoctrination), but it probably would be a new change of pace yeah.

Depends who it is I guess yeah, but people still have to remember that DOA is heavily niche. They do not have that NRS Warner Bros. budget. along with having smaller teams. I definitely don't disagree with how it gets milked with severe animu so can't blame anyone, though the game was pretty anime trope from the start, it just looks more apparent than ever before.

That's all true, but I think what most people miss from the older games is the strong sense of identity, that stylization.

While not all of Itagaki's decisions for the games, particularly on the gameplay front as I've learned, were good for the games' longevity and/or competitive viability, you can't deny they were far more interesting, conceptually, than DOA5 or DOA6.

From the characters, to the stages, to the soundtrack, to even the story. It was all weirdly without pretense, but now we've got loli maids and painfully busty schoolgirls who make squeaky noises more than speak - and they're playing it completely straight...

But, you're right about the main issue of the budget being up to KT, however I do think less confusion about the DOA brand (as was introduced once Itagaki left) would lead to stronger sales, and hence a willingness to invest in the franchise, beyond the Xtreme series and selling sex via microtransations...

We need a new studio head for Team Ninja who has a vision, whatever that may be.

Like, as much as I love having Rachel and Momiji in DOA - and Kasumi in NG for that matter - I would be able to live without that if the rest was as excellent as it used to be. The stigma will always be there, it's just in the games' DNA at this point.

Itagaki didn't care. Meanwhile, we've had Hayashi and Shimbori flip-flopping on the matter, trying to save face, ending up with nobody satisfied.

I will say, the one thing that has gotten consistently better is the gameplay, but that kind of thing should never have been influenced by the guy whose main thing was aesthetics, anyway. I'm not going to deify Itagaki then - "even the sun has its dark spots", as we say in the mother tongue!

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it was KT who decided to run the costume patten parts system. The whole point of the system is to get the players to play the game longer, since it takes longer to unlock costumes than in older DOA's. I wouldn't really say that TN doesn't care about DOA anymore, it's more like KT never really cared about DOA beyond being a vehicle to sell DLC.

If that would be the case then they wouldn't be investing money on tournaments.

Koei loves DLCs, that is true for most (or even all) of their franchises but that doesn't mean they want DOA6 being a bad game. No one will buy DLCs for a bad game.

Sadly really think this game is a perfect example of neglecting a franchise. Koei pushing the release date and TN not doing their best unlike in other games.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD