Team Ninja shares additional details on the next Dead or Alive 5 patch

Team Ninja.jpg

While a solid roll out date still hasn't been nailed down for the next upcoming Dead or Alive 5 patch, director Yohei Shimbori was kind enough to share a few tweets on some additional features that we'll see, noting that the next patch will be a major update.

One of the cool additions Shimbori mentioned is that we'll be seeing the popular demand to save replays of lobby matches, along with the ability to now kick unwanted players from your lobby as well.

Here are the additional patch details from Shimbori:

[D-YS] I was able to check some stuff about the next patch this week, so I'll tweet a little bit about it.

[D-YS] First off, you will now be able to save replays of lobby matches.

[D-YS] A lot of people were asking for that feature, so we worked hard to put it in.

[D-YS] Also, the host of a lobby match will now be able to kick a waiting player out of a lobby, even while they're watching a match.

[D-YS] Also, you'll be able to search for lobbies by connection quality.

[D-YS] There are lots of other improvements and additions too. The next patch is going to be a major update.

[D-YS] I'll fill you in on more details as soon as I can confirm them myself (including the patch release date...)

Update for December 29th
[D-YS] The next patch is named "Ver.1.03". The name might be boring, but it has a lot of new features.

[D-YS] One of those features is uploading movies of replays.

[D-YS] I tested it by uploading a movie to YouTube.

[D-YS] Ver.1.03 will allow uploads to both YouTube and Facebook.

[D-YS] Facebook uploads are available to both Xbox 360 and PS3. YouTube uploads can only be performed from a PS3.

[D-YS] So now, even people without video capture equipment can upload fight videos.

[D-YS] Fighters from around the world can now watch others' fights.

[D-YS] And did you catch some of the little tweaks to the fighting game itself?

[D-YS] Now that we have this feature, maybe I'll upload another movie soon...

Update for January 10th
[D-YS] Happy new year!

[D-YS] I'm starting the year off with another upload of Ver.1.03 footage. This time to YouTube. #DOA5

[D-YS] This time, we have La Mariposa vs. Hayate, and I'm sure you'll notice changes in this fight too. #DOA5

[D-YS] We haven't practiced the new moves enough to use them well, but... #DOA5

[D-YS] I'm sure all of you will show us what these moves can do! (video uploads ftw) #DOA5

[D-YS] There are lots of new features in Ver.1.03 for all players, not just hard-core fans. We'll post the full list of changes soon! #DOA5

Update for January 17th

Ver.1.03 Update Details.

Release Dates:

PS3: January 22nd, 2013

Xbox 360: January 29th, 2013

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0116a.html

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0116b.html

"PlayStation®3 : January 22, 2013 Xbox 360® : January 29, 2013
(Release dates may be subject to change)"
I think it's BS the patch is coming out a week later on the 360. Fortunately I have both versions, unfortunately, the ps3 version is shit.

Edit:
I just started reading through it and I found this pretty funny but also very good.

"Changed default health from 300 to 270 for all modes except Story."

It seems they certainly do pay attention to this forums as the health thing was a pretty big debate.

I think it's BS the patch is coming out a week later on the 360. Fortunately I have both versions, unfortunately, the ps3 version is shit.

Too bad the xbox comes a week later...

Seems health will be reduced from 300 to 270 YAY!

Also, it seems, in general, they implemented many good things (blind pick and random stage online, ranking system changed, improved crouching speed, improved sidestep, improved input buffer, solved problems with walls and slipery zones, etc.).

PS: Glad they didn't change Gen Fu much. Might have to try Pai Chan and Eliot again if improved.
I see some damage reductions for Jann Lee and Leifang but not major nerfs, although I might have missed something. Good if they don't take away good tools from characters.

Change throw escape behavior in Training Mode. Before, COM throw escapes would always succeed, regardless of player input timing, if the Throw Escapes setting was set to fastest. This has been changed to allow COM throw escapes to fail if the player inputs a command with perfect timing.

I've been told a dozen times that you can complete a throw on fastest if you perfected the time...I knew I wasn't fucking crazy and it was simply impossible to do.

Little late ILYA lol.

I'm just now getting to the balance change stuff and right off the bat I'm happy.

Changed standing/crouching switch frame during normal status, when guarding, etc. from 5⇒3F.
However, you can guard against at low attack in 1F, and crouch against a high attack in 2F.

Here's to hoping I stay happy and don't see any nerfs.

I am pretty happy with Christies changes nothing too drastic..
Also happy with the nerfs Jane Lee got ;)

The changes effecting general gameplay and stuff seemed great,
Although there was A sentence that made me WTF?

"Changed so a player's selection in the Character Select screen will not be visible to the opponent."
So its like random if you dont know who youre up against?

Meh, those nerf's to Jann Lee arnt anything crazy. Sucks to see his damage reduced but with default being 270 now they kind of had to I guess. I find it interesting they changed his 3k into a sit down during certain states though.

Also, no more glitching VF characters/Mila/Rig

Adjusted the back rising motion for Mila, Rig and VF characters. This corrects the weird speed that they could move back with.

"Changed so a player's selection in the Character Select screen will not be visible to the opponent."
So its like random if you dont know who youre up against?

Many people have always complained about the behavior of many players to choose their own character on the basis of your selection. I must say that currently is less frequent, but in Doa4 happened to me costantly. TN heared to these requests making own selection of the character unknown to the adversaries (and off course also the opposite).

The same for the choice of the stage, now in ranked matches always random (not on the basis of the personal filter selection).

This is what already happen on the online mode of Virtua Fighter:5FS.

W

Edit:
I just started reading through it and I found this pretty funny but also very good.

"Changed default health from 300 to 270 for all modes except Story."

It seems they certainly do pay attention to this forums as the health thing was a pretty big debate.
Well... I mean I hate online play and i think tag is broken but I love it. Me and my small circle of friends miss this from DOA4. It's just for people like me.

The character selection patch is dumb to me. I don't care who I fight, I'm gonna win. Lol. Hayate is going to be 2 times the amazing he was before! Soo excited

Hitomi:

66H+K: changed to guard break, changed advantage on guard from -11 to GB(+3F), removed sidestep tracking.

6KKK, 7PKKK, 6PKKK: changed Hi Counter hit reaction to bounce which can be followed by a juggle.

backpain-1292835351.jpg

236K, back-turned 8K, 66KKK, PP6PK, 66PK, 8PK6PK, 1K6PK: changed held attribute to high kick parry.

I'm not sure what this means...Does it mean the high kick is now hold resistant on top of being -1 on block? If that's the case then....wow, that's like, really crazy.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy... My interest is rejuvenated! *Calms down* Ok let's see here this is gonna be a long post.

New (FREE) stage, God yes. Uploading replays is great, it's stupid only PS3 gets youtube uploads but whatever. Health change... don't know how I feel about that, I thought the health was fine as it was but eh. PS3 loses it's 1 frame lag, that sounds amazing especially for a few certain friends of mine. Searching by connection quality is amazing, being able to reject opponents however is a double-edged sword and will result in a lot of rejected games to avoid losing. I disapprove.

Ranked match for unlocking costumes, thank God because I'm never going to do Arcade mode. Ranked match being the default 3 rounds as it always should have been. Though the certain epic 5 round battles with great players will be missed. Connection quality settings for the lobby are great but sadly I see a lot of player's having little problems with their connections, hopping to 2 bars for a second and getting kicked automatically. This again is a double-edged sword and might not go too well.

Lobby conformation buttons, GOD YES. Being able to kick a player without backing out, GOD YES. Ranking system grade point changes, GOD YES. Full text menu during matches as it always should have been. Training tuneups and shortcuts good good good. Online matches recorded, displaying names, good but a lot of people are about to be put on blast now. And home fixes are great of course. Biggest gripe is not being able to see your opponent's selected character. Counter picking was annoying, but I think it was only necessary to do this for ranked matches. lobby/simple matches shouldn't.

System changes... the sidestep was changed to 0(20)5 for all characters. Is this a good thing? I can't remember what the original frames were. Wakeup kick nerf, awesome. Slip stun on water nerf.. yeah I think that's fine too. CB stun time increase, a bit unnecessary but you're in more trouble than you were before if you get CB'ed. I'm fine with this.

Great changes all around. This game is well on it's way and this patch improves things dramatically. If the game's netcode could just step it up I'd be satisfied with this patch. Though there is still work to be done.

I'll give my opinion on character changes in another post, this one is long enough.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD