Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Macca Beam

doing one seductive expression all the time =/= expressive, even if you did a good job at it

well that was doa5. nyotengu's expression range thankfully improved in this game going by the leifang cutscene (not the stiff face though)
tina slapping zack and marie's overall animation work were also fantastic. the deliberate motions bring out their personality and make them less robotic.

meanwhile the rest are just kinda posing and talking, yawn.

Last edited:

HHH816

i just realize that helena english V.A is really bad like she read one by one from the script. it's quite bearable in DOA5

Addictrian

When will the Deluxe Costumes Bundle drop for those who havent purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition . What do u think ?
Will Hayabusas XBOX Costume be available for the PS4 , too ?

Jadeinchains

Umm just gonna say this here but can we have some sort of thing where we aren't going to post anything about the story? Cause people are starting to talk about cutscenes and stuff that I'm avoiding cause I don't want spoilers.
At the very least use the spoilers tag if you want to talk about it.

Tina2040_

All I'm going to say is I'm disappointed in the story. DOA5 was much more cohesive and intriguing.
I had faith in this game. By far the most unoriginal and meh game out of the series, new gameplay mechanics and graphics aside.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I don't know how they could stoop lower than DOA5's story, and somehow they did...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
All I'm going to say is I'm disappointed in the story. DOA5 was much more cohesive and intriguing.
I had faith in this game. By far the most unoriginal and meh game out of the series, new gameplay mechanics and graphics aside.
I don't know how they could stoop lower than DOA5's story, and somehow they did...

Let's not talk about the story here, not even roughly, because the game isn't out for a week and most people will not want to spoiler themselves.

Raansu

No offense, but you're playing the wrong genre if you're looking for a good story. Sucks hitomi got a lot of nerfs, but I'm overall still loving the games new mechanics. I don't even remember what happened in doa5. I ran through that story one time and that was vanilla 5.

onelasttime

There's already the entire story mode up on Youtube by Shacknews. x__X Not going to link the video here. I also won't watch it.

Omg I’m so mad you even said something! I’m so bad at spoiling stuff for myself so of course I just watched like 1:00:00/1:27:00 of the video

Reactions: YEH

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Anyone here want overkill back ? I miss that mechanic, atleast add an option where we can turn it on/off :rolleyes:
It won't be missed. I never overkill anyone in DOA the worst I do is hold spam after winning if they like to mash them out while I'm mixing their face into the ground.

dante_huyvu

It won't be missed. I never overkill anyone in DOA the worst I do is hold spam after winning if they like to mash them out while I'm mixing their face into the ground.
I might piss off someone but i only overkill chars that i found annoying (Kokoro, Honoka, Mai and especially Naotora) :p . Sorry,im kind of a sadist. :eek:

Reactions: YEH

Raansu

Nah, don't let them off like this. It can be done if they actually give a shit. There's nothing inherent about fighting games that preclude having a decently told, or at least engaging, story.

I will let them off on it because I don't care about the story at all. Its a fighting game and I'drather they spend their time and budget on the core of the game, not some throw away story that I'll forget within a week.

Tina2040_

Nah, don't let them off like this. It can be done if they actually give a shit. There's nothing inherent about fighting games that preclude having a decently told, or at least engaging, story.

Exactly. DOA has always had a decent story. DOA5 was fine. It's obvious that with the lack of story, dynamic stages, a new mode to unlock recycled costumes which breaks from tradition, that the game was heavily rushed. My question is why though? It would've been big to release it to coincide with Japan 2020.

And yes, you don't necessarily have to care about the story, but DOA is known for it's story. There was literally a game dedicated to this (Dimensions) and a planned one (Code Chronos). Its story mode is one of the biggest selling points IMO.
How do you unlock costumes traditionally? Story mode.
How did we unlock all the characters? Story mode.
How did we get the true ending of DOA4? Helena's story.
Not arcade, but story.
Sure, the story is pretty much the same shit over and over (clones & ninjas) but I would have hoped for some progress this time around.

DOA has a nuanced story that surpasses it's main rival, Tekken. Well... it did up until DOA6.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD