Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Strangerinmytub

Honestly... I doubt that.
If they release them now when they still have bugs, we don't even know if they will fix them at all after that.

If you want to retain your playerbase you ideally want to have ways for them to play with friends or groups. The first month is the most important in any Video Game's life cycle and the impressions you make then are critical for retaining a healthy community. There are very few games that have recovered from awful launches (namely Ubisoft's Rainbow Six: Siege and For Honor), and while DOA6 isn't *awful* right now, not having lobbies is really driving away a lot of people.

N1ce Dreams

If you want to retain your playerbase you ideally want to have ways for them to play with friends or groups. The first month is the most important in any Video Game's life cycle and the impressions you make then are critical for retaining a healthy community. There are very few games that have recovered from awful launches (namely Ubisoft's Rainbow Six: Siege and For Honor), and while DOA6 isn't *awful* right now, not having lobbies is really driving away a lot of people.
Hold up a second, Siege?.. That piece of shit is still flying high, and it only got bigger and bigger.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm sure there will be some sort of free DLC to compensate with the late release of lobbies.

Koei Tecmo: "Free DLC they said."

1485.gif

TheTHCGamer

I've been a defender of this game because honestly it's a really fun but the lobbies being delayed till April was the last thing DoA6 needs.

With all the negativity that has surrounded this game since EVO Japan I was hoping lobbies (which should've been there from the start) would have at least launched in march.

This is very disappointing because honestly the initial sales and reputation for this game are very important. This isn't SFV where the game can survive all the bad press because of its legacy.

On top of that SFV was also able to recover because it is the darling of the competitive scene. The top fighting game to be featured at almost every fighting game tournament is SFV.

The DoA games do not have the support or luxury of screwing up like the SF games. Its doesn't have a license like power rangers where not having lobbies right from the start isn't really going to effect sales.

If I was TN I'd be working my ass off over time to get those lobbies out by this month. The more online players you lose means the less people buying online DLC. How you going to continue to support your game when even your fanbase is becoming fed up?

This is freaking terrible a new MK is about to launch and the new power rangers has launched today. On top of that FEXL just launched 2 DLC characters. I'm not a power rangers fan but look at all this positive news including a new samurai shodown just around the corner.

What news does TN release (while everyone else is on a roll) lobby's are delayed. Did we not learn from the mistakes of other fighting game launches that went poorly.

Last edited:

TheTHCGamer

At this rate we'll have DLC characters before we have lobbies, don't even know if we can blame KT for this anymore. It's been a solid month with no other content outside of around a dozen costumes and some reused intros/outros (which only a handful of characters got) but KT still can't figure their shit out. Lobbies were OUT and FUNCTIONAL on PC, just release the damn thing and patch out the remaining issues later. The playerbase is shrinking every moment I have no idea why they insist on waiting so long to release the "perfect" lobby when they NEED to release SOMETHING right now.
Yes I'm pretty sure online will be dead soon at this rate with the exception of a very few dedicated players. I really hope they can turn things around but honestly the online playerbase even if things were going smooth is still small compared to bigger name fighters.

This delay was the absolute last thing DoA6 needed. Can't wait to see the lobby delay in an eventhubs article so DoA6 can be put on blast for yet again. I swear the negativity swirling around this game so early in its life is just going to kill a good chunk of its playerbase.

U_C_A_F

I tried to tell yall! everything about the handling of this game and its content is complete trash from cutting modes, characters, lackluster stages, to having no lobbies and forcing bundled dlc costume sales on PC/PS4 users. The game bombed in sales and sold less than DOA5 in every territory it released in all while the sudden unannounced release of venus vacation on steam already has a higher player count than DOA6 shows where the casual fanbased turned to and yet i'm the "troll" and "hater" because i refuse to give these con artists my hard earned money for a shoddy rushed product, fuck outta here...

will continue to enjoy dat free core fighters doe :cool:

prototypetom

I'm quitting until they get their **** together. (if)

I can live with delays on crucial updates if they need time to make them work - quite easily tbh... but while on the other hand they are manipulating ways to grind money out of you instead of earning it. sod that.
I don't even want to buy a bloody wedding dress! (well maybe one, maybe)

(FWIW - Going to continue watching and supporting the streams people are putting on because I respect their effort if not KT's)

DOA6 is the best 3d fighter on the market that I've played imo. By a measure - but it's being run into the ground by some high grade corporate incompetence.

I'm thinking I'm going to go drop the money I would have spent on phase 4 and an outfit or two for Lisa on Fighting Layer Ex and see what that's all about.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I tried to tell yall! everything about the handling of this game and its content is complete trash from cutting modes, characters, lackluster stages, to having no lobbies and forcing bundled dlc costume sales on PC/PS4 users. The game bombed in sales and sold less than DOA5 in every territory it released in all while the sudden unannounced release of venus vacation on steam already has a higher player count than DOA6 shows where the casual fanbased turned to and yet i'm the "troll" and "hater" because i refuse to give these con artists my hard earned money for a shoddy rushed product, fuck outta here...

You are a troll and a hater. This has nothing to do with them being con artists. You don't get to pat yourself on the back because TN is still failing to deliver lobbies and this forum is full of drama queens. (Myself included)

You still come off as a pessimistic trolly shithead.

Ninoasker

Lobbies coming out on April is basically a death sentence for the game’s online playerbase since they are releasing them just as MK11 drops. Imagine being this incompetent, I fucking hate corporations so much. I swear this game just keeps on giving and giving. When I thought everything was just gonna calm down and 6 was gonna bloom after some months out, it turns out that they just keep screwing it! Girl I’m out for now. I love the gameplay, but I’m just not gonna spend any more time or money on the game until they get their shit together.

Macca Beam

what a time to choke when multiple other games are going in with the updates and news
also how the fuck is venus vacation on steam and why would you region lock your game AND still take away the ~sensitive~ features? nothing this company does makes any sense

TheTHCGamer

I'm sorry but if you're playing the free version of the game then your argument holds no weight. You invested nothing therefore your opinion means nothing.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I'm quitting until they get their **** together. (if)

I can live with delays on crucial updates if they need time to make them work - quite easily tbh... but while on the other hand they are manipulating ways to grind money out of you instead of earning it. sod that.
I don't even want to buy a bloody wedding dress! (well maybe one, maybe)

(FWIW - Going to continue watching and supporting the streams people are putting on because I respect their effort if not KT's)

DOA6 is the best 3d fighter on the market that I've played imo. By a measure - but it's being run into the ground by some high grade corporate incompetence.

I'm thinking I'm going to go drop the money I would have spent on phase 4 and an outfit or two for Lisa on Fighting Layer Ex and see what that's all about.
This. They betrayed my trust within the first month lol

Me day 1: Alright! 6 looks great let's get those lobbies up and start getting new intro outros in and more updates!

Me a week and some change later: O.. Oh... Okay just for those four? Well that's alright.... I guess... Let's uh... Just focus on those lobbies then!

Me last week: Jesus christ y'all really aren't going to sell them individually... It's getting really hard to keep def-

Me today with no lobbies but the rest of the wedding costumes this week: Well I guess Sekiro, Disgaea, and Dragon Quest need to be beaten before MK11 comes out since that'll take up a lot of my time. I should probably also go ahead and start mentally preparing for Bloodlines 2 next year.

Last edited:

prototypetom

This. They betrayed my trust within the first month lol

Me day 1: Alright! 6 looks great let's get those lobbies up and start getting new intro outros in and more updates!

Me a week and some change later: O.. Oh... Okay just for those four? Well that's alright.... I guess... Let's uh... Just focus on those lobbies then!

Me last week: Jesus christ y'all really aren't going to sell them individually... It's getting really hard to keep def-

Me today with no lobbies but the rest of the wedding costumes this week: Well I guess Sekiro, Disgaea, and Dragon's Quest need to be beaten before MK11 comes out since that'll take up a lot of my time. I should probably also go ahead and start mentally preparing for Bloodlines 2 next year.

You look at what NR pack into their games and as a devoted DOA fan, it hurts!
I know its a bit funky comparing 2d and 3d but I'd take DOA's fundamentals over MK every time, I prefer DOAs characters too (yes, even our ninjas).

Ultimatly I can't get into the silly visceral nonsense personally... but man I'm jealous of how they cater to their audience, how they respect them from dev to publisher to marketing. I'm jealous of the story mode that's still hokey as all hell, but its another level from DOA's.
Of course they have that casual market money to play with. but i feel like if they had DOA's budget they'd still understand how to prioritise, how to foster SOME sense of value.

zoo

Well they're killing this game to the ground, ranked is already dry as it is and no lobbies a month after release is rather embarrassing (especially with the hype of MK11 rn). Hoping the KOF DLC can bring back some interest cause this is easily the worst launch I've witnessed for a DOA. Pretty much already bored with the game and have tried to get friends to download it but without lobbies there's no reason for them to.

You look at what NR pack into their games and as a devoted DOA fan, it hurts!
I know its a bit funky comparing 2d and 3d but I'd take DOA's fundamentals over MK every time, I prefer DOAs characters too (yes, even our ninjas).

Ultimatly I can't get into the silly visceral nonsense personally... but man I'm jealous of how they cater to their audience, how they respect them from dev to publisher to marketing. I'm jealous of the story mode that's still hokey as all hell, but its another level from DOA's.
Of course they have that casual market money to play with. but i feel like if they had DOA's budget they'd still understand how to prioritise, how to foster SOME sense of value.
I was literally saying this yesterday watching the new MK trailer, like "imagine a DOA game with this marketing and budget" but no we get marie and honoka adventures and most of the press focusing on if the game is still sexy. I know it's common to believe DOA's bad rep is permanent but I honestly think with the right marketing it could be viewed as a cool af game in the west. Appealing hard to that Japanese crowd is sadly what sells it so we'll probably never see that

Last edited:

TheTHCGamer

Breaks my heart I wasn't going to pick up MK at all till the complete edition released because I planned on the online community thriving but I just might pick it up before that.

Especially If the online community ends up being only a few dedicated players. Still early though so with the right decisions TN can still pull this ship around where we feel positive about the direction the game is headed.

It's just a really bad start and hopefully the next few announcements are positive ones. I really do feel this game is one of the best fighters on the market and that with the right choices going forward it can remain that way.

It's just unfortunate since EVO Japan things have been rough.

Strangerinmytub

Hold up a second, Siege?.. That piece of shit is still flying high, and it only got bigger and bigger.

Yeah I'm saying that RB6 and For Honor are some of the few examples of games that have recovered from awful launches and lackluster first years (and that's because the devs had a ton of resources and money available even when they weren't doing well.) In retrospect, I was a bit unclear.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD