Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Dr PaC

I do have some single player games that need playing. Guess I can do that till April.
KT/TN - y’all can get your s##t together till then cuz this is some bull. I don’t know what your issue is with this release but literally none of the other DOA’s have had these issues. It’s a sad day when DOA3 has more to offer than your newest game. I’ve been a fan since the Dreamcast and a defender of this IP since I can remember. I finally found a forum of fans who like this IP just as much as I do, so this has been a great ride for me as a fan for months. But like everyone else here, I’m very disappointed with this news. First you release an incomplete game, giving us vanilla SFV memories, then you crap on PS4 players with this dlc bundle fiasco, and now this tweet. This is just negligence and incompetence at this point and there needs to be a serious shift of focus. You’re gonna lose the casuals first. Then you’re gonna lose your base if you keep this up. I say this with love. Do better.

Marteze

Well they're killing this game to the ground, ranked is already dry as it is and no lobbies a month after release is rather embarrassing (especially with the hype of MK11 rn). Hoping the KOF DLC can bring back some interest cause this is easily the worst launch I've witnessed for a DOA. Pretty much already bored with the game and have tried to get friends to download it but without lobbies there's no reason for them to.

I was literally saying this yesterday watching the new MK trailer, like "imagine a DOA game with this marketing and budget" but no we get marie and honoka adventures and most of the press focusing on if the game is still sexy. I know it's common to believe DOA's bad rep is permanent but I honestly think with the right marketing it could be viewed as a cool af game in the west. Appealing hard to that Japanese crowd is sadly what sells it so we'll probably never see that
"marie and honoka adventures" lmaooo which is why i didn't even bother to do that flaccid story mode

Zeo

What's the point in getting lobbies right away when they'll be a glitchy unworkable mess that everyone will complain about anyway? You people need to make sense and get your heads on straight. You were complaining because 6 wouldn't come out, it did. No one liked the delay and wanted the game to hurry along. Well this is what you get. Wait for the lobbies so they can make sure they're in proper working order when they come out.

The honest and real truth is that the game simply shouldn't have come out yet. It should have waited until mid-april so they could have included everything they needed to include and polish the game accordingly. They gave into pressure, the pressure either for money or the impatience from the fanbase and this is how you were all rewarded. Good things come to those who wait. And the game's release should have done just that.

Marteze

What's the point in getting lobbies right away when they'll be a glitchy unworkable mess that everyone will complain about anyway? You people need to make sense and get your heads on straight. You were complaining because 6 wouldn't come out, it did. No one liked the delay and wanted the game to hurry along. Well this is what you get. Wait for the lobbies so they can make sure they're in proper working order when they come out.

The honest and real truth is that the game simply shouldn't have come out yet. It should have waited until mid-april so they could have included everything they needed to include and polish the game accordingly. They gave into pressure, the pressure either for money or the impatience from the fanbase and this is how you were all rewarded. Good things come to those who wait. And the game's release should have done just that.
i think a lot of knew the game needed additional time, esp when they pushed the release date... but that didn't minimize the hype or doesn't take away the fact the game, released, lacking.

werewolfgold

What's so fucking amazing about these lobbies that they haven't been patched in yet? I haven't seen the lobbies yet, but are there some new features that are taking forever to finish? What's the hold up?
From the screenshots, it looks like it will be like Guilty Gear lobbies where everyone in the room can break off into separate matches and not have to wait their turn. I don't think they've done that before, but I don't know what DOA4's online was like.

The mishandling of this game is readily apparent. They were probably counting on EVO World to give it a competitive and marketing push to ride out the opening months of jank, but...nope. lol

Heyjustin88

The heck, my behind was waiting patiently for the lobbies to be released and yet I am hit with this disappointing news! Good grief, when will they get it together. I question what is their direction with the game. Overall, the gameplay is fun....just content is lacking. Let's see how they progress over the next few months....they have a lot to make up for!!

SailorHonoka

me waiting for the lobbies to come....
Oneeternitylater.jpg

chileee i'm done with DOA6 for now let me know when the lobbies are here
tenor (5).gif

Wasn't Itagaki fired for DOA 4 missing the 360 launch? I can't imagine the reckoning for this, but yeah, this is just self sabbatoge at this point.

I'm wondering if they just let this game out the door to die a death so they can continue to court that Nintendo and Disney money, but even then why wouldn't you try to maximize your profits? Why aren't they selling costumes individually? Unless, the game didn't have good pre-orders/sales numbers so they are banking off the 90 dollar season pass and 20 dollar packs from the bigger player base on the ps4, while letting the smaller player base on the xbox pick them up individually.

I would like to say this is the biggest launch disaster in gaming, but sadly this is just becoming business as normal.

Was he demoted? I thought something happened because of that. But your right forgot Ninja Gaiden 2 and Dragon Sword (I think) come out after 4.

P2p1mbs

Wasn't Itagaki fired for DOA 4 missing the 360 launch? I can't imagine the reckoning for this, but yeah, this is just self sabbatoge at this point.

I'm wondering if they just let this game out the door to die a death so they can continue to court that Nintendo and Disney money, but even then why wouldn't you try to maximize your profits? Why aren't they selling costumes individually? Unless, the game didn't have good pre-orders/sales numbers so they are banking off the 90 dollar season pass and 20 dollar packs from the bigger player base on the ps4, while letting the smaller player base on the xbox pick them up individually.

I would like to say this is the biggest launch disaster in gaming, but sadly this is just becoming business as normal.

I think you might be overreacting by saying self sabotage and calling this the worst launch in gaming history. Worst launch for a DOA game, sure but I'm sure other releases in the past year (like Fallout and Anthem) have been WAY MORE DISASTROUS. All the bad decisions made for this game from releasing too early before all major features are added to the DLC pack-only restrictions in the west, I'm sure were done as a result of publisher interference like many other games.

I'm personally indifferent to the delay since I doubt it will really help improve player numbers online (especially since I play in odd hours due to work schedule meaning I barely run into players online anyways). And sadly, I doubt any negative feedback would likely be ignored by KT and TN who will continue on as if nothing is different.

Tina2040_

IMO they should have delayed the game until June/July AT LEAST.

It's already April, it wouldn't have been that long. DOA is trying too hard to become an Evo title, which is ruining it's essence IMO. DOA was always an outlier, but it was always a casual game to play with friends. Now you can't even do that... lol.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Not even worst Koei Tecmo launch since Dynasty Warriors 9 is a thing but ... yes, this is starting to be really similar and I don't think they will fix all issues and lack of content, most likely they will only invest money into 3D artists for future season passes.

Raansu

The game didn't get delayed again because more than likely Shimbori went over budget and likely didn't have a choice in the matter. Its the same reason most games don't get delayed. Budgets are a thing and its out of the developers hands when a publisher tells them that the game is launching no matter what.

AyanamiReign

Waiting until lobbies were ready to release the full game... It would have ended up going head to head with MK at this rate so it was probably for the best.
What they should have done was release Core Fighters when the Lobbies were sorted, that would have given both some momentum and as others have said, I could have gotten some friends to download the free version but with no Lobbies there's no point...

I hope lots of people are complaining to them about individual costume purchases so they might change their stance there. I'm really enjoying the game, it's just these those two issues that need sorting.

werewolfgold

It's already April, it wouldn't have been that long. DOA is trying too hard to become an Evo title, which is ruining it's essence IMO. DOA was always an outlier, but it was always a casual game to play with friends. Now you can't even do that... lol.
*looks at Samurai Shodown also releasing in June and is planned for EVO*

Onryoki

Standard Donor

DOA5 was already evo worthy, with DOA6 they just tried to cater to the entire fan base which is impossible, because you can’t please everybody. DOA6 didn’t made the lineup because of a cuck that acted like this during one little moment of streaming. Friendly reminder that DOA6 was actually in the lineup but got removed.
FDF8E3CA-116F-425B-A5E4-026B04EE366A.jpeg

Saying DOA is a casual game while they already put a lot of effort in becoming a competitive game with DOA5 is quite disrespectful. People are just over exaggerating with DOA.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD