Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I never would’ve thought I’d say this, but with DOA6 flopping this hard. I think DOA6 might be the last DOA to ever be created. Unless they make an ultimate edition that’s 10 times better than vanilla.
Is it really flopping though?... I mean for a DOA anyway. I'd like to see some actual sales figures for the current state. I don't think it's doing that badly. They're just being real stupid right now with their communication.
There's a lot of anxiety from a lot of fans that's starting to turn into bitterness and angst and they're not doing anything to alleviate that and I feel like that makes it feel worse. Like they don't care.

I'm not giving up on the game though. Because at the end of the day this is still my favorite fighting game franchise and I have hope this will eventually be the best entry so far.

zoo

I wouldn't say last DOA ever but I do think it'll be a good while before 7, same with Soulcalibur imo. Which makes it all the more disappointing to see 6 handled this poorly

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I wouldn't say last DOA ever but I do think it'll be a good while before 7, same with Soulcalibur imo. Which makes it all the more disappointing to see 6 handled this poorly
If what they've got going right now is enough to carry the game through this year I bet the game will start to take off Q3. Like pre-launch however, they have got to do something about this communication gap. They can't let this fan anxiety hang in the air. More than the Fanservice talks this is genuinely hurting the game.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I never would’ve thought I’d say this, but with DOA6 flopping this hard. I think DOA6 might be the last DOA to ever be created. Unless they make an ultimate edition that’s 10 times better than vanilla.

Dude, people have been saying SF5 is going to flop for the past 4 years and it was still successful.
SCVI was also said to be a flop, nothing happened either.

DOA is not going to flip, there's alot of dumb shit, but it's not a flop.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I play on all 3 platforms. I never planned on buying dlc to begin with so none of this "controversy" bothers me at all. Its just costumes.
It's not the costumes more or so than how you can purchase them, I think it's kinda a downgrade to not be able to buy them separate. I mean I did buy the bundle but I prefer 1.99 USD for single costumes I want versus 19.99 for a full set when I only use like one character from the first volume xD

zoo

I play on all 3 platforms. I never planned on buying dlc to begin with so none of this "controversy" bothers me at all. Its just costumes.
Same tbh, maybe in the off chance Hitomi's c4 from doa4 returns but I'm usually fine with the base costumes.

Dude, people have been saying SF5 is going to flop for the past 4 years and it was still successful
Tbf street fighter is still street fighter at the end of the day, even if capcom died suddenly that series would probably live on somewhere

Tbf street fighter is still street fighter at the end of the day, even if capcom died suddenly that series would probably live on somewhere

You can say that but it overall hits my point.
Guilty Gear and Blazblue and UNIEL have one thing in common: They. Sold. HORRIBLY. I highly doubt that any of those games have anything close to even half a million in sales... but they are still successful in the eyes of the publisher(well Blazblue is the most successful of the 3 but Arc-Sys never once had a massive hit in the West). So if @Tyaren or whoever in Restera say that "DOA6 ultimately sold 200K units in the first month" that's still isn't really a failure because not only has the times ultimately changed but most fighting games don't even really GET a budget anymore.

SFV absolutely did not get a budget and it's obvious they never had one and it's the same with every other Fighting game released lately and only Arc-Sys really shows that they are willing to throw down extra money for their budget and even THEY still go into the typical habits of releasing $60 re-releases and other typical crap to get some extra cash.

Raansu

It's not the costumes more or so than how you can purchase them, I think it's kinda a downgrade to not be able to buy them separate. I mean I did buy the bundle but I prefer 1.99 USD for single costumes I want versus 19.99 for a full set when I only use like one character from the first volume xD

You can buy them individually on xbox which makes me believe its an issue with the stores themselves.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Guilty Gear and Blazblue and UNIEL have one thing in common: They. Sold. HORRIBLY. I highly doubt that any of those games have anything close to even half a million in sales... but they are still successful in the eyes of the publisher(well Blazblue is the most successful of the 3 but Arc-Sys never once had a massive hit in the West). So if @Tyaren or whoever in Restera say that "DOA6 ultimately sold 200K units in the first month" that's still isn't really a failure because not only has the times ultimately changed but most fighting games don't even really GET a budget anymore.

SFV absolutely did not get a budget and it's obvious they never had one and it's the same with every other Fighting game released lately and only Arc-Sys really shows that they are willing to throw down extra money for their budget and even THEY still go into the typical habits of releasing $60 re-releases and other typical crap to get some extra cash.
The only true exception to what you're talking about that I can think of is Mortal Kombat 11 with NRS/WB right now. That's what a huge budget fighter looks like and it seems to be going against the grain of current trends.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You can buy them individually on xbox which makes me believe its an issue with the stores themselves.
Only psn since in LR you can buy costumes separate but I guess it's a Sony issue since LR and Ultimate DLC back in the day was notorious for flooding the stores so maybe they're doing bundles to laminate the bulk even tho they could do in game separate purchases in the DOA Central Wardrobe mode

Tyaren

Standard Donor

You are tagging me why?

The only true exception to what you're talking about that I can think of is Mortal Kombat 11 with NRS/WB right now. That's what a huge budget fighter looks like and it seems to be going against the grain of current trends.

Well yeah, NRS has always made cash with Mortal Kombat and it's the biggest fighting game in the West due to massive casual appeal. Not even Street Fighter and Tekken can reach it's numbers lest it's worldwide.

You are tagging me why?

I only tagged you due to you apparently knowing someone from Resetera? My bad.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

As we discussed one week ago, not even FighterZ could reach DOA 5 2015 initial sales so ... obviously DOA 6 couldn't aim to these numbers but in other hand, it sold almost the same as DOA5LR so I think DOA 6 is doing well all things considered (initial controversy campaing, western media attacking it in reviews, a good bunch of youtubers attacking the day one 92€ season pass, no lobbies ... etc)

I will be happy if they fix some graphical flaws (materials, lighting and some low res textures in characters), if they add lobbies this month (today they said they will share news soon so I guess we will have it next 29th together with next DLC costumes), if they fix 8 frames delay, if they release free additional stages like in DOA5 and if they let me update the game to Ultimate (or whatever they call it) version without spending 60€ again and being able to access all that version content (stages as well).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
it sold almost the same as DOA5LR so I think DOA 6 is doing well all things considered (initial controversy campaing, western media attacking it in reviews, a good bunch of youtubers attacking the day one 92€ season pass, no lobbies ... etc)

Do you have actual sales numbers that the rest of us doesn't have?

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Do you have actual sales numbers that the rest of us doesn't have?

We only know JP numbers for now:

DOA 6 first week:

[PS4] Dead or Alive 6 (Koei Tecmo, 03/01/19) – 26,442 (New)

DOA5LR first week:

[PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo, 02/19/15) – 24,457 (New)
[PS3] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo, 02/19/15) – 11,271 (New)

DOA6 second week:

[PS4] Dead or Alive 6 (Koei Tecmo, 03/01/19) – 5,223 (31,665)

DOA5LR second week:

It didn't even reach top 20 sales and the 20th top title was:

[PS4] The Order: 1886 (SCE, 02/20/15) – 4,840 (29,863)

Derock

We only know JP numbers for now:

DOA 6 first week:

[PS4] Dead or Alive 6 (Koei Tecmo, 03/01/19) – 26,442 (New)

DOA5LR first week:

[PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo, 02/19/15) – 24,457 (New)
[PS3] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo, 02/19/15) – 11,271 (New)

DOA6 second week:

[PS4] Dead or Alive 6 (Koei Tecmo, 03/01/19) – 5,223 (31,665)

DOA5LR second week:

It didn't even reach top 20 sales and the 20th top title was:

[PS4] The Order: 1886 (SCE, 02/20/15) – 4,840 (29,863)

But that's going from physical copies. We don't know about digital copies. Right now, I'm thinking 6 will be doing ok. Nowhere near anything extravagant numbers. People did the exact same thing with Soul Calibur 6 and that exceed expectations from Namco.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD