Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Akumasama

Take note that Kyoto in bloom features areas with uneven ground (the bridge) which DOA6 has NONE of, and the ability to jump over things is not in DOA6 either.
There is uneven ground in DoA6, nothing of the extent of previous games. Can see a bit of it in the prehistoric stage, that comes to my mind.
Regardless of that they could simply adjust the stage to remove uneven ground.

And no jumping over objects wut? What do you mean? Plenty of "jumps over fences" in DoA6, way more than DoA5 for instance.
Maybe I simply misunderstood what you meant though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
While I don't believe the leak myself, I disagree with this.
Granted how the organization of human and economical resources work with large companies like theirs, it stands to reason they have long term plans.
They HAVE to, because they have to allocate resources in advance, there's usually a lot of internal bureaucracy and these things take time. It's not like they decide to continue to support a game and within a few days they decide the plans about it.
It's all about loooooooong term decisions which are decided in chunks of many, many months, usually one full year at least.
These decisions are all subject to changes of course, but in general they get planned much in advance.

So yeah. we don't know their plans but the heads at Team Ninja surely do have at least a generic idea in mind, if not even more than that.
I can understand that, although what they've done for DOA6 so far seems like besides Mai and Kula, they kinda rushed with what they planned for season pass 1 even, I think the adding old poses in is a dead giveaway that some things they rushed last minute. I just don't personally think they would reuse old costumes unless they want people to complain although I'm sure people will buy it like how almost all of Mai's costumes are old DOA5LR ones

Jyu_Viole_Grace

One thing is having ideas about what they want to do and other thing is that list which is just too specific to be real.

In any case that would be the kind of info that only a director or a producer would know, because not even the dev or artist teams would manage too much info (each SP is around 4 months, so that leak is worth 12-16 months info) in advance. So there's no doubt no one could access to that info.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It was a potential leak, maybe it's all crap and someone made it all up. With this sort of things you can't always tell how reliable it's gonna be.
There, found it, from june the 9th approx

1. This weekend's trailer will announce Mai and Kula from KOF joining the roster. No surprise

2. Then TN will use E3 to pomote the FREE release of Kyoto in Bloom (old DOA4 stage) along with Japanese costumes for the girls (old "Summer Festival" pack from DOA5)

3. Season Pass 2 will allow you to access Momiji, Gen Fu, Rachel, Leon, costumes for them and new fanmade costumes for all the characters

4. This Halloween for once, they will give for FREE Lorelei along with a costumes poll (basically "which DOA5 Halloween costume do you want for free?")

5. Season Pass 3 is all about William from Ni-Oh, a new Ni-Oh stage, samurai costumes, Maria Douglas and an opera stage

6. Then TN will release for FREE "Home" (old DOA5 stage) along with Chinese dresses for the girls (old "Mandarin Dresses" pack from DOA5) in order to celebrate the Chinese New Year and the one year anniversary of the game

7. Another season pass I am not entirely sure about. Naotora? New Korean MILF? Akira? Judo fighter? (rumours)

8. Then TN is planning to release for FREE "Zack's Island" (old DOA5 stage) along with old casual/summer costumes

Having several other old stages from DOA5 have been discussed (Desert and Snow Forest), for Xmas or other occasions but nothing is fixed. Depends of players' reception of the team's efforts to communicate

Again, no clue how reliable this can be. Some things look very much completely made up.
Some came out to be real (but those were obvious)
The rest is, I dunno, potentially realistic and probably I'd like it to happen if you ask me.

That's not a leak, that's some naive fanboy's wish list, lol.

...and the ability to jump over things is not in DOA6 either.

Unforgettable stage has that though...

Jadeinchains

tumblr_inline_pqe7urkQkn1rar7ow_250.gif

...So...no news then. :I
I thought we'd maybe see something this week with it being July and what not but I guess not *sigh*.
I really just want to see season 2 already so that we can find out what is coming next dlc wise.

TheTHCGamer

At this point it might be better to find another game to play because who knows when were getting another substantial update. Based on everything that's happened so far I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I just want to be pleasantly surprised when the game is in a place it should've been from the start. If that never even happens oh well it's obvious the game was an afterthought compared to Doa5.

It is what it is my expectations are low because honestly they should be. I mean what do you expect from TN at this point? DoA6 is not a priority right now so we should be realistic with our expectations for a game that hardly anyone is playing online.

Why would I keep investing money into a game that sold poorly and because of this has an abysmal online community. Expect DLC to come out at a snails pace aling with updates. The only real thing in my opinion that can save this game is an updated version.

Not even that is a guarantee to be the game we all wanted and expected. All I'm saying is let's be realistic with our expectations. Things are going to be rough in my opinion till that updated version of DoA6 is released.

SaihateDYNAMO

It was a potential leak, maybe it's all crap and someone made it all up. With this sort of things you can't always tell how reliable it's gonna be.
There, found it, from june the 9th approx

1. This weekend's trailer will announce Mai and Kula from KOF joining the roster. No surprise

2. Then TN will use E3 to pomote the FREE release of Kyoto in Bloom (old DOA4 stage) along with Japanese costumes for the girls (old "Summer Festival" pack from DOA5)

3. Season Pass 2 will allow you to access Momiji, Gen Fu, Rachel, Leon, costumes for them and new fanmade costumes for all the characters

4. This Halloween for once, they will give for FREE Lorelei along with a costumes poll (basically "which DOA5 Halloween costume do you want for free?")

5. Season Pass 3 is all about William from Ni-Oh, a new Ni-Oh stage, samurai costumes, Maria Douglas and an opera stage

6. Then TN will release for FREE "Home" (old DOA5 stage) along with Chinese dresses for the girls (old "Mandarin Dresses" pack from DOA5) in order to celebrate the Chinese New Year and the one year anniversary of the game

7. Another season pass I am not entirely sure about. Naotora? New Korean MILF? Akira? Judo fighter? (rumours)

8. Then TN is planning to release for FREE "Zack's Island" (old DOA5 stage) along with old casual/summer costumes

Having several other old stages from DOA5 have been discussed (Desert and Snow Forest), for Xmas or other occasions but nothing is fixed. Depends of players' reception of the team's efforts to communicate

Again, no clue how reliable this can be. Some things look very much completely made up.
The rest is, I dunno, potentially realistic and probably I'd like it to happen if you ask me.
That was the best DOA fanfic I’ve ever read.

About Season 2, TN seems to be focused almost entirely on muh esportz if the DOATEC twitter is any indication. I wouldn’t expect anything regarding season 2 for a long time especially considering it hasn’t even been half a year since the game came out.

Tina2040_

I've stopped playing DOA6 for now. It's a shame, I really had fun but it's really stagnant at the moment.

I think it's best if they wait another year and release the next version, with hopefully a Shenmune or VF or Fighting Vipers DLC. The latter two would bring in some hype since those IPs have been dead for ages. DOA is not dead as long as you give people a reason to play it. SEGA make a deal already. That, and tag mode.

A DOA/VF crossover would be amazing in this climate as well and would for sure bring DOA back into the competitive scene since VF is held in high regard. I can dream of having a crossover where Marie Rose and Nico don't exist.

onelasttime

Man. I highly doubt that. But it would be soooo good.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This time I don't know where this info comes from but looks like season pass 2 will be two characters and a stage

Gatto is just a regular member of the forum and just data mines the game, he also likes to mod DOA. However Gatto is just playing around this time because he took a good guess that it was Kula previously so it's just a joke he's going with. (Course, his guess could be right and seems plausible).

There are no info with data mines currently, and sometimes he gets his information from another who data mines.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Gatto is just a regular member of the forum and just data mines the game, he also likes to mod DOA. However Gatto is just playing around this time because he took a good guess that it was Kula previously so it's just a joke he's going with. (Course, his guess could be right and seems plausible).

There are no info with data mines currently, and sometimes he gets his information from another who data mines.

I saw the tweet where he said someone found more data and I tried to search where that happen (no Steam, not reddit) so I was wondering from where that info came.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD