Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Yep, I thought they maybe could think about why people don't keep playing a game that is free even if it has so many downloads.

They tried something new and they failed at it. The game is just boring so they should think why a lot people, tournament players included, prefer DOA5 over DOA6 mechanics wise.
Well I think the game is fun to play regardless. TN might be lazy but at least they’re doing something to improve the game. Something I don’t see companies like NRS do. DOA6 is still in its early stage, so I think we should all just give it time. Rome wasn’t built in one day either, so we shouldn’t expect DOA6 to be neither.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Well I think the game is fun to play regardless. TN might be lazy but at least they’re doing something to improve the game. Something I don’t see companies like NRS do. DOA6 is still in its early stage, so I think we should all just give it time. Rome wasn’t built in one day either, so we shouldn’t expect DOA6 to be neither.

I don't know which character you play but as Hitomi player I just can't enjoy this game anymore. DOA6 Hitomi is just DOA5 Hitomi with less moves because a lot moves that had purpose in DOA5 now they don't have purpose or they are too risky for the reward (like 8k FS).

She is just boring to play, I really think she is even simpler than in DOA3.

So the question for me is, when will a re-release happen?, so that way we can get revamped mechanics. PS5 is confirmed to not happen until fall 2020 so ... 2021?, Will they just add more DLC over all 2020?. I don't think people will keep playing the game if that is the case, even SoulCalibur VI is getting more moves and mechanics.

This game is 8 months old and I don't think it can last another 12 months more without a huge update.

Raansu

I knew it, this patch "balance" update was to remove SDS and force tech to Momiji, because these mechanics are the devil for this team ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, that was my last hope to get these mechanics back so I just give up. I will stop playing the game and wait for DOA6 Ultimate for next gen in 2021. Maybe by then the team will do something that I will be happy about.

lol I wasn't expecting it to only be momiji on the balance changes.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
This game is 8 months old and I don't think it can last another 12 months more without a huge update.

This is sooooo last season. I will bet you 500 USD right now that it will easily last another 12 months. Also I don't like how you say tournament fighters prefer 5 as if you have asked every last one. I speak to a lot of them regularly and most people that are going to tournaments are happy with DOA6.

The people that aren't happy about it now are people that psycho-analyze the character select screen and the people that expect Itagaki-level content when Team NINJA doesn't have near the resources or strength that they had when he was at the helm.

Please let's not turn this into another boo-hoo, the world owes me something conversation. There is plenty of that going on in the graphics thread. I don't understand your gameplay woes at all either, Hitomi is a great character, and before that you were complaining that it was Momiji and now it's her.

Raansu

I don't know which character you play but as Hitomi player I just can't enjoy this game anymore. DOA6 Hitomi is just DOA5 Hitomi with less moves because a lot moves that had purpose in DOA5 now they don't have purpose or they are too risky for the reward (like 8k FS).

She is just boring to play, I really think she is even simpler than in DOA3.

So the question for me is, when will a re-release happen?, so that way we can get revamped mechanics. PS5 is confirmed to not happen until fall 2020 so ... 2021?, Will they just add more DLC over all 2020?. I don't think people will keep playing the game if that is the case, even SoulCalibur VI is getting more moves and mechanics.

Except in doa3 she had frame traps and guaranteed setups. Hell even in doa4 she shockingly had frame traps in a game notorious for not having stuff like that. They've done nothing but take away from Hitomi forcing her to be more and more of a whiff punish character with less and less threat in up close fights when in neutral. Its made her boring and one dimensional.

You can't be aggressive with her anymore, her guard breaks are all free holds because you have to charge them for so long, she's lost her unblockable stuff, they took away her trips for a weak ass stagger sweep etc....

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Except in doa3 she had frame traps and guaranteed setups. Hell even in doa4 she shockingly had frame traps in a game notorious for not having stuff like that. They've done nothing but take away from Hitomi forcing her to be more and more of a whiff punish character with less and less threat in up close fights when in neutral. Its made her boring and one dimensional.

You can't be aggressive with her anymore, her guard breaks are all free holds because you have to charge them for so long, she's lost her unblockable stuff, they took away her trips for a weak ass stagger sweep etc....

I would like to see more Lord Xav1er because he's actually good with the character! Rikuto has also proven her viability.

Akumasama

What is the use of the three new buttons making sound when you pick a costume in the Rank Match select screen?
I don't understand what is the purpose other than... making a different sound lol?

Jyu_Viole_Grace

This is sooooo last season. I will bet you 500 USD right now that it will easily last another 12 months. Also I don't like how you say tournament fighters prefer 5 as if you have asked every last one. I speak to a lot of them regularly and most people that are going to tournaments are happy with DOA6.

The people that aren't happy about it now are people that psycho-analyze the character select screen and the people that expect Itagaki-level content when Team NINJA doesn't have near the resources or strength that they had when he was at the helm.

Please let's not turn this into another boo-hoo, the world owes me something conversation. There is plenty of that going on in the graphics thread. I don't understand your gameplay woes at all either, Hitomi is a great character, and before that you were complaining that it was Momiji and now it's her.

Are they happy with DOA6 as a game or happy than now they have better prizes in tournaments?. Last time several of them were openly talking about DOA6 issues was at Dr.Impact stream before UFA. There were Kwiggle, Xcalibur, Teru and Siologica and all of them agreed that DOA5 is more fun to play being Kwiggle the more vocal one about it.

Also. Talent =/= budget. ASW games have a fucking insane amount of details and quality without AAA budgets. They are passionate about their games unlike this new DOA team.

N1ce Dreams

What is the use of the three new buttons making sound when you pick a costume in the Rank Match select screen?
I don't understand what is the purpose other than... making a different sound lol?
It's the detail thing for certain costumes. It's always been there for 6 just not for ranked.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I would like to see more Lord Xav1er because he's actually good with the character! Rikuto has also proven her viability.

What he's saying is now the character has less tools and due that she's less fun to play, not that she can't win.

Using 33p to crush?, baiting holds near to a wall to 33T?. That isn't new to her but she lost a lot of things over the time.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Are they happy with DOA6 as a game or happy than now they have better prizes in tournaments?. Last time several of them were openly talking about DOA6 issues was at Dr.Impact stream before UFA. There were Kwiggle, Xcalibur, Teru and Siologica and all of them agreed that DOA5 is more fun to play being Kwiggle the more vocal one about it.

Also. Talent =/= budget. ASW games have a fucking insane amount of details and quality without AAA budgets. They are passionate about their games unlike this new DOA team.

Kwiggle had the gall to complain about Tina recently. That she was too OP like Christie was nothing to shake a stick at in DOA5. Nobody is denying that DOA6 has problems, but it's not in a state of emergency like some people are trying to act. No offense to them but Teru Rock and Sio got bottomed at their past few events and they seemed kind of salty. :p

I know what stream you are talking about and I don't recall what calibur said. I personally like 5 as much as I do 6. Like me and so many others, our identities will be complete when Rachel arrives.

Oh and I never said any of those moves were new with Hitomi, I said that Hitomi is a great character and I've seen her be used just fine.

Akumasama

It's the detail thing for certain costumes. It's always been there for 6 just not for ranked.
Like in old pre DoA5LR games? I thought that wasn't anymore a thing. In previous games that was used to decide the colour of a costume or the hairstyle or underwear colour or small things like that.
But now that everything can be picked separately... what is even the purpose of that I wonder?

Is there a list somewhere showing which costumes benefit from these advanced options?

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Kwiggle had the gall to complain about Tina recently. That she was too OP like Christie was nothing to shake a stick at in DOA5. Nobody is denying that DOA6 has problems, but it's not in a state of emergency like some people are trying to act. No offense to them but Teru Rock and Sio got bottomed at their past few events and they seemed kind of salty. :p

I know what stream you are talking about and I don't recall what calibur said. I personally like 5 as much as I do 6. Like me and so many others, our identities will be complete when Rachel arrives.

Oh and I never said any of those moves were new with Hitomi, I said that Hitomi is a great character and I've seen her be used just fine.

His complaints with the game aren't about Tina, are about characters like Christie being way more simple and boring, new mechanics being boring and no ground game.

I asked him directly and as you can see, it's about the game not being fun, not about Tina:

It has nothing to do with OP characters because every game has a best character, DOA5 included. DOA6 is just a more simpler and boring game than DOA5.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
His complaints with the game aren't about Tina, are about characters like Christie being way more simple and boring, new mechanics being boring and no ground game.

I asked him directly and as you can see, it's about the game not being fun, not about Tina:

It has nothing to do with OP characters because every game has a best character, DOA5 included. DOA6 is just a more simpler and boring game than DOA5.

I downright saw a tweet of him complaining about Tina. Lol otherwise I wouldn't have said it. Your tweet to him does not compile all of this thoughts on the game. Lol

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I downright saw a tweet of him complaining about Tina. Lol otherwise I wouldn't have said it. Your tweet to him does not compile all of this thoughts on the game. Lol

You are implying they are salty with the game because they are losing, like if all of they were winning every single DOA5 tournament.

I'm showing you why he don't like DOA6 that much and that isn't because Tina "is OP".

N1ce Dreams

Like in old pre DoA5LR games? I thought that wasn't anymore a thing. In previous games that was used to decide the colour of a costume or the hairstyle or underwear colour or small things like that.
But now that everything can be picked separately... what is even the purpose of that I wonder?

Is there a list somewhere showing which costumes benefit from these advanced options?
Yeah it's the same thing. But might not do all the same changes. For example, being able to turn on and off Christies bra with either A or B detail on her ultimate costume in 5 doesn't work anymore in 6 last time I checked... Her bra disappears after a BB which is just pure trash imo. It does change underwear colour... I think that's all it does this time, but if anyone else knows of other changes by all means share, I'm curious.

N1ce Dreams

Yeah Christies very boring now, I notice that ages ago. I hardly even play 6 at the mo, but when I do I've stopped using Christie cause she so dumb now, she looks boring and feels boring.

Raansu

Being good at the game has nothing to do with a character viability. Also, go suck a nut with that shade of insult at my Hitomi play. Just because I have issues with the constant nerfing of my favorite character and making her feel one dimensional doesn't mean I think she's bad.

Kwiggle's twitter post nails it on the head with DoA6. Most of the characters got nerfed into the ground and they all play the exact same way. The game feels like DoA4.2 which is why I started playing Kula because she actually feels unique in a game that is super generic with most of the cast playing in the exact same one dimensional style.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
You are implying they are salty with the game because they are losing, like if all of they were winning every single DOA5 tournament.

I'm showing you why he don't like DOA6 that much and that isn't because Tina "is OP".

You provided one tweet for Kwiggle so that counts as a reason... Just like his worries with Tina could count as another.

Just because four or five players stream and chat it up doesn't mean things to the magnitude you want to make them. The game isn't suddenly dead now.

I say you put your money where your mouth is. You say you doubt it will last another twelve months. I'll bet you 500 it does. Let's see if your exaggerated statements will match that?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD