Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Honestly the men could’ve gotten bunny costumes like these View attachment 29631
They could’ve gotten wizard/witch costumes as well.
View attachment 29632 TN needs to learn how to make DLC equal for every character and not just for the female cast only. it’s not even that I’m against a female dominating cast, but at least shine the light on every character in the cast and not just a specific sex.

I am so sick and tired of people defending this nonsense that male characters shouldn’t get DLC, because they’re less popular. They’re just as much a part of the cast like every single one of the female characters. The fact that this is a female only seasonpass is quite upsetting. Aside from the last revival set of 28 costumes I’m sure the men won’t get shit. You would’ve thought TN learned from their mistakes, I guess they didn’t. Sick and tired of the current TN when it comes to DOA. They should just give this franchise to a company that would actually show love to the franchise instead of digging it’s grave.
Elliot would’ve totally rocked that wizard outfit.

Just more missed opportunities on Team Ninja’s part.

Raansu

You would’ve thought TN learned from their mistakes, I guess they didn’t. Sick and tired of the current TN when it comes to DOA. They should just give this franchise to a company that would actually show love to the franchise instead of digging it’s grave.

What mistakes? There's no mistake here, only business decisions. If male outfits sold well they'd make more of them. Clearly that is not the case. Like it or not, you're the minority on that issue.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I can't defend this game in this state and after this patch. I'm quite disgusted with 1.13. Less than a month before their biggest tournament.

If it wasn't for Tina, Lisa and Bass I would not have DOA6 as an active game for me. These characters speak to me on this engine.

What they did to Bayman and Raidou was just brutal. No good fixes to make them more fun to play and the sad thing is they had the ground work with DOA5 to refine them for DOA6.

I sometimes wonder why they even brought Raidou back at all if they were going to be that lazy with him.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
What mistakes? There's no mistake here, only business decisions. If male outfits sold well they'd make more of them. Clearly that is not the case. Like it or not, you're the minority on that issue.
I think we should actually get an all male dlc pack before we can say that. Obviously female DLC gets bought more when they brought packs out for them monthly for at least one year straight. Even if female dlc gets bought more doesn’t mean that fans that main male characters don’t have the right to get a dlc costume for their characters. The males get done dirty by TN and I am against it. They’re just as much a part of the cast as the female cast. This whole “females sell better so only they should get DLC” discussion is outdated and tired. Just because this franchise is female dominated doesn’t mean the males in this franchise should get ignored and kept in the dark.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I can see how they are holding back these story stages as a major selling point for DOA6U lol
Tbh I think they changed it in preparation for Rachel, I'm not saying its guaranteed but they probably might add the night stage as a free stage alongside her to match with her whole fiend hunter vibe and how she has the "Night Has lifted... Dawn has come" quote she has. They changed the screen to concide with Momiji and the whole Autumn leaves theme so they could be doing it for Rachel.

And we don't even know what their future plans are, they're adding improvements and small changes here and there so a playable night Colloseum could be closer than what people are thinking.

Raansu

I think we should actually get an all male dlc pack before we can say that. Obviously female DLC gets bought more when they brought packs out for them monthly for at least one year straight. Even if female dlc gets bought more doesn’t mean that fans that main male characters don’t have the right to get a dlc costume for their characters. The males get done dirty by TN and I am against it. They’re just as much a part of the cast as the female cast. This whole “females sell better so only they should get DLC” discussion is outdated and tired. Just because this franchise is female dominated doesn’t mean the males in this franchise should get ignored and kept in the dark.

They have the analytics of what characters get picked the most. That's going to weigh heavily on what they do for dlc on top of the obvious dlc sales numbers. Doesn't matter what you're against or if you think an argument is outdated. Obviously we don't know the numbers, but based on the trends since the launch of DoA5 its clear what dominates the market and that is clearly never going to change, especially given the fact that this game is a Japanese developed game.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Tbh I think they changed it in preparation for Rachel, I'm not saying its guaranteed but they probably might add the night stage as a free stage alongside her to match with her whole fiend hunter vibe and how she has the "Night Has lifted... Dawn has come" quote she has. They changed the screen to concide with Momiji and the whole Autumn leaves theme so they could be doing it for Rachel.

And we don't even know what their future plans are, they're adding improvements and small changes here and there so a playable night Colloseum could be closer than what people are thinking.

I don't think a nighty stadium matches her character mainly when there are more story stages in the game that aren't playable. If they only bring this one as a Rachel release celebration ... it would be highly disappointment.

They have the analytics of what characters get picked the most. That's going to weigh heavily on what they do for dlc on top of the obvious dlc sales numbers. Doesn't matter what you're against or if you think an argument is outdated. Obviously we don't know the numbers, but based on the trends since the launch of DoA5 its clear what dominates the market and that is clearly never going to change, especially given the fact that this game is a Japanese developed game.

I can understand this for other months but not for halloween when male characters also had new costumes and all costumes were unique.

This only shows their creative team is everything less actually being creative. They don't know what to do without fan commissions.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think a nighty stadium matches her character mainly when there are more story stages in the game that aren't playable. If they only bring this one as a Rachel release celebration ... it would be highly disappointment.

I can understand this for other months but not for halloween when male characters also had new costumes and all costumes were unique.

This only shows their creative team is everything less actually creative. They don't know what to do without fan comissions.
I mean it could be part of her trailer, Momiji was shown in all the autumn themed stages so maybe in the trailer they could do the same for Rachel showing off her new stuff in the night themed stages like the Garden and Road rage at night, it's not guaranteed but it could be a possibility of why they changed the screen xD

And I kinda agree with RaRa, as much as I like Eliot and the guys as much as I do Kasumi and the other relevant DOA girls, I can't say I'm ever really surprised or shocked when they get excluded from packs since they don't sell. Plus DOA is focused on the girls period, you have to realize that when you're getting into the game so holding out for the men is kinda hopeless. I'm all for the guys getting DLC but unless it's a big full roster pack I don't see it happening unless more bis and people in general buy male costumes in droves which won't happen overnight xD

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I mean it could be part of her trailer, Momiji was shown in all the autumn themed stages so maybe in the trailer they could do the same for Rachel showing off her new stuff in the night themed stages like the Garden and Road rage at night, it's not guaranteed but it could be a possibility of why they changed the screen xD

And I kinda agree with RaRa, as much as I like Eliot and the guys as much as I do Kasumi and the other relevant DOA girls, I can't say I'm ever really surprised or shocked when they get excluded from packs since they don't sell. Plus DOA is focused on the girls period, you have to realize that when you're getting into the game so holding out for the men is kinda hopeless. I'm all for the guys getting DLC but unless it's a big full roster pack I don't see it happening unless more bis and people in general buy male costumes in droves which won't happen overnight xD

But there are more unplayable stages than the nighty ones. People would still keep asking for the other stages, it would be a really bad way to do this.

Yep, most of the girls are more popular than most male characters but here we are talking about Halloween sets where everyone (less a few guest characters) had new costumes.

But if we play the data card I'm sure that data says unique costumes and collab costumes sell more than boring copy pasta costumes.

It's obvious why they went to "witch costumes" as the set title instead "halloween 2019 costumes", that way they could excuse behind semantic to not work in costumes for males and working in unique costumes for everyone.

They did this because it's an easy cash grab.

Raansu

This only shows their creative team is everything less actually being creative. They don't know what to do without fan commissions.

Or it shows that the male costumes in doa5 for halloween sold significantly less than the female sets and they decided its not worth the effort for the low sales. Again, these things are business decisions, not creative ones. I guarantee their artists could come up with neat stuff if they wanted to. They are in that professional career for a reason. Not just anyone can get into those jobs.

This is straight up KT making a business decision, nothing more, nothing less.

P2p1mbs

Better looks at the new costumes (note the shorts of the girls wearing hoods; they don't even go with the rest of the outfit, looks way too casual for a witch costume):

c012_01.jpg

c012_02.jpg

c012_03.jpg

c012_04.jpg

c012_05.jpg

c012_06.jpg

c012_07.jpg

c012_08.jpg

c012_09.jpg

c012_10.jpg

c012_11.jpg

c012_12.jpg

c012_13.jpg

c012_14.jpg

c012_15.jpg

c012_16.jpg

I'm guessing Marie, Honoka and NiCO get staffs because they're supposed to be special and have more to their costumes :rolleyes:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Or it shows that the male costumes in doa5 for halloween sold significantly less than the female sets and they decided its not worth the effort for the low sales. Again, these things are business decisions, not creative ones. I guarantee their artists could come up with neat stuff if they wanted to. They are in that professional career for a reason. Not just anyone can get into those jobs.

This is straight up KT making a business decision, nothing more, nothing less.

If it were not worth then they would have cut male costumes in DOA5 but they kept working on them every year.

Also, are we sure they are professionals? because I don't know about that.

DOA5 characters team:

Sin título.png

DOA6 characters team:

Sin título2.png

This game is greatly outsourced unlike DOA5, I don't think they could come with neat stuff even if they wanted.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD