Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I think, there is a lot of worrying factors here when it comes to the future of DOA as a fighting game series:

2 - The playerbase not being there for DOA 6 because of how the game is perceived, and not being there for DOA5LR either, means that there isn't a whole moviment of people showing numbers and bringing doa into the spotlight as a series.

If DOA was one of those series were the players kept the scene alive while the series is on life support, I could see Koei eventually greenlighting something, but it is not the case, Koei policies and how doa 6 turned out, turned people off the series in a major way.

Not to say I disagree with those bits, but things such as that are not always sunshine and rainbows simply because parts of those bits only make sense if you are backed up for it, specifically #2 though. But I mostly agree if it comes to actual backed up support.

For starters, DOA community is extremely small and niche compared to the majority of fighting games out there in the market. When it comes to life support, realistically the game is not growing for numerous reasons of both bad and good reasons. You see the same exact people for support and content creation. If you want to gain support the game must continue to grow within, but you can't do that if the company behind it isn't willing to put in the effort for the people to promote and support the game in the first place, or even growing additions of players. The last time we ever had a spike of that nature where DOA grew was the release of DOA5U with a free-to-play (that was successful mind you) was the only time it became apparent with tons of new people that actually sticked around for it that outperformed DOA5 vanilla, but part of this was to believe that DOA5U was in fact a pretty good game, to the point that "another" version of that game released after. I know quite a lot of people who are still around till this day because of DOA5U's success. DOA6 tried to do the same method because of how it worked the first time for DOA5, pulled a free-to-play, and hardly gained people at all due to things that have been stated over and over again. I mean you said it yourself: "Koei policies and how DOA6 turned out, turned people off the series in a major way".

One thing needs to go hand-and-hand with another. Supporting a game that isn't doing good blindly at times means that you are content with what's given to you even if it's shoddy work because otherwise you'd be playing the game out of spite and companies will take advantage of that you are perfectly fine to what's given to you, which is something no one should be a part of no matter how much you love a game/series, but everyone is different so how you spend your time and money is up to you at this point on what makes you happy (imo).

DOA isn't Smash where you'll get blessed with high level support and content along with an overwhelming number of people supporting the game, and as long as other fighting games exist DOA will continue to struggle of trying to get people to develop even a small ounce of interest to jump on in because of the vast difference from other fighting games influence and support from theirs vs DOA. From how i'm seeing with the recent situations, If you like DOA6 then continue to play it with the attempt that you play it because you actually like it, considering it's unknown if the series is willing to move on at this point / placed in a shelf.

Last edited:

marussya

DOAs games and content quality get worse when Devs started work on one shit IP (no, its not Xtreme games)

With DOA5LR it wasn't noticeable since this game wasn't completely new, it was just new version of a game.
And with DOAX3 it started worsening, game has less content than its predecessors and only one year support ,of course they updated it years later for Switch, but still no enough efforts for this game

DOAX Venus Vacation was developed with DMM support probably and they knew that this game will be only for profit, so for DOAXVV it also have not negative effect

But with DOA6 it was quite noticeable that Team Ninja is really focused on another project that more important for them.

And for Ninja Gaiden Master Collection I see the same. The main team went on vacation after development of Nioh2 ,while the small amount of people make collection with small budget

Kasumi-Phase-X

DOAs games and content quality get worse when Devs started work on one shit IP (no, its not Xtreme games)

With DOA5LR it wasn't noticeable since this game wasn't completely new, it was just new version of a game.
And with DOAX3 it started worsening, game has less content than its predecessors and only one year support ,of course they updated it years later for Switch, but still no enough efforts for this game

DOAX Venus Vacation was developed with DMM support probably and they knew that this game will be only for profit, so for DOAXVV it also have not negative effect

But with DOA6 it was quite noticeable that Team Ninja is really focused on another project that more important for them.

And for Ninja Gaiden Master Collection I see the same. The main team went on vacation after development of Nioh2 ,while the small amount of people make collection with small budget

DOA games/content didn't worse when developers started work on a "shit IP", it has more to do with KT cutting corners & people in charge being stupid with the DOA franchise (at least for DOA6).

DOA5LR: So? DOA5LR is no different from Capcom does for fighting games where new versions doesn't do anything completely new.

DOAX3: That has more to do with KT giving TN less budget & resources, along with how games tend to get developed. This game didn't include all DOA females that were previously seen from DOAX2/Paradise (Leifang, Tina, Christie, & Lisa) and didn't add Mila or Rachel as newcomers. Which its cast is the same number as DOAX2 which is 9 instead of increasing the cast to 15 (which is pretty much all DOA females). DOAX3 Scarlet is just any updated version of previous game just with Misaki & Leifang added.

DOAXVV: Whats the deal with DMM? This game being only for profit sounds like business person would do for making games, at least DOAXVV had something that deserved the lifespan and all the content it gets weekly along with getting 2 Steam versions 1 for Asia and another for Japan.

DOA6: Team Ninja focusing on another project is the least of DOA6 problems from part its direction (I would say could've been easily crafted into a original title) to many issues on what everyone's problems would be for DOA6 (for Me being an weak follow up from DOA5).

Even if Team Ninja had no projects, it would've made no difference on why DOA games/content got worst. The only thing that would likely happen is if DOA failed they would likely face being closed down and/or being striped from the DOA project in favor of a different developer that would do a better job like Tamsoft or HONEY PARADE GAMES for example.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Onryoki

Standard Donor
People really love to hate on Nioh on this forum. Like why? Nioh 1 and 2 are great games, they look stunning, got replay value, got nice in game mechanics & has fun missions. I feel like people only hate on Nioh because it immediately was more successful than DOA. Nioh 2 was less successful because of the situation with Corona, because everything had to slow down. If corona wasn’t here Nioh 2 would do better.

Ps: don’t bother responding Marussya, you’ve been put on ignore for months now.

marussya

At least they aren't working at new IP , that's good, probably Hayashi and Yasuda couldn't come up with good ideas. So, for those who had a hope that TN will make their own brand new games ,it won't happen soon.
So, who was sure that they're working on new ip since last year, they actually didn't even start

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-02-12-44-55-67_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-02-12-44-55-67_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb~2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 104

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
At least they aren't working at new IP , that's good, probably Hayashi and Yasuda couldn't come up with good ideas. So, for those who had a hope that TN will make their own brand new games ,it won't happen soon.
So, who was sure that they're working on new ip since last year, they actually didn't even start

I read Hayashi said he wanted to work on a open world game. Lol Maybe it would be good, but that’s not really what I’m in the mood for.

If it was DOACC I would freak out, but more than likely it would be a completely new IP.

william

I read Hayashi said he wanted to work on a open world game. Lol Maybe it would be good, but that’s not really what I’m in the mood for.

If it was DOACC I would freak out, but more than likely it would be a completely new IP.
I think DOACC was Itagaki's idea and it was cancelled a few years after he left. Wish we could see what it could have looked like.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think DOACC was Itagaki's idea and it was cancelled a few years after he left. Wish we could see what it could have looked like.

Trouble might be getting fighters to play. They want a DOA fighter, but I would play anything with the DOA name on it. :)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Speaking of DOA, why don't they ask Yasuda? (Nioh director). He was also a consultant for cinematic design in one of the DOAX games.

Granted, i'm not sure if he's into fighting games like that, and might be better to get someone who's into fighting games from the get-go but who knows, maybe he knows how to go about it, though think the most important part is getting someone in general in there who's even remotely interested to continue the series.

HHH816

what kind of provocation? but to be fair the game is just rerelease, nothing new on feature and story.

Ninoasker

When publisher doesn't know what else to write about Collection,but need to make a tweet every few days

Provocation kinda

Honey they're just promoting the game. Just like how they tweeted every 2 fucking days about DOA prior to 6's release with the character cards and such. God, now you're also coming to specific subthreads with some conspiracy theories? Why would they want to throw jabs at one of their own properties? You're pathetic.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Honey they're just promoting the game. Just like how they tweeted every 2 fucking days about DOA prior to 6's release with the character cards and such. God, now you're also coming to specific subthreads with some conspiracy theories? Why would they want to throw jabs at one of their own properties? You're pathetic.
She’s a bot. Beep beep boop!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Granted this is old news as support ending was mentioned ages ago. Though still relevant.

So I'd like to say that it's a number of factors involved entirely that isn't just DOA6, not just DOA. In before anyone says "It's DOA6 what's there to be surprised about?" Yes, but this goes a bit more than that and how it affected DOA6 as a whole really.

For starters, the arcade scenes was slowly dying in general (in a long run way). Heck some arcade businesses started closing over there last year in japan. With COVID in the picture, meet ups or even business was not easy I imagine because health is a legitimate concern. It's a multitude of things and DOA6 just got the rough end of the stick for it with a pandemic on top of it. During COVID, netplay battles have become more common and was hurting the arcade business. The arcade boom days were long gone the moment the internet became more and more apparent as games started to use it to play with another or with friends.

People could say it's all DOA6, but the arcade scene for every other fighting games had it rough in general. Also to add the fact that other fighting games exist and had more mileage of players, basically DOA was competing with the other fighting games just to do business is a lion's den in the arcade scene. This goes beyond than just DOA6.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD