Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
1863C2E2-A5A9-4432-BC51-D9EA22E2D497.gif

I’m surprised this thread has responses considering the state of these TN games. DOA has ended with a unclear future for the fighting series, Nioh’s era ended for now and NG is practically in the same boat as DOA right now.

Nioh 1 and 2 are great games and definitely set themselves apart from being “just another soulsborne clone”. All dungeon games are kinda similar in that aspect. Nioh 1 and 2 were different than those games because of the game modes, the in game mechanics and choice of weapons/stances. I agree that soulsborne games are similar, but they’re not the same and shouldn’t be treated the same.

Nioh also isn’t a replacement for NG, nor should it be seen as such. NG has a very different feel to it in comparison to Nioh. I haven’t played NG often so I can’t say much about it, but based on my personal experience the game feels very different from Nioh. Who likes what game more is all subjective in the end. People here should stop acting as if their personal opinions and views are facts and that it’s wrong for people to disagree.

In the end like what you like and play what you want to play.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
View attachment 35016
I’m surprised this thread has responses considering the state of these TN games. DOA has ended with a unclear future for the fighting series, Nioh’s era ended for now and NG is practically in the same boat as DOA right now.

Nioh 1 and 2 are great games and definitely set themselves apart from being “just another soulsborne clone”. All dungeon games are kinda similar in that aspect. Nioh 1 and 2 were different than those games because of the game modes, the in game mechanics and choice of weapons/stances. I agree that soulsborne games are similar, but they’re not the same and shouldn’t be treated the same.

Nioh also isn’t a replacement for NG, nor should it be seen as such. NG has a very different feel to it in comparison to Nioh. I haven’t played NG often so I can’t say much about it, but based on my personal experience the game feels very different from Nioh. Who likes what game more is all subjective in the end. People here should stop acting as if their personal opinions and views are facts and that it’s wrong for people to disagree.

In the end like what you like and play what you want to play.

Were you a DOA player prior to 5? If so you are familiar with the “silent years.” The silent years happened after Itagaki switched to NG exclusively for several years after DOA4, and then he left before another could be made.

He was still being interviewed and said that he could not make a more complete fighter than DOA4. For years we didn’t hear about DOA but people still kept up with the company and continued to be fans of the series anyway.

Ninja Gaiden is not exactly in the same boat as DOA fighter. The master collection is receiving more hype than I initially expected and it will bring them some money and likely a lot of new players since it is on so many platforms that didn’t get to experience these games before.

Within Team NINJA’s social media will remain anticipation for something new related to the series.

I think if they are going to make a NG collection they should make a DOA collection with at least one of the titles online. At that point I would probably never play 6 again.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Do I really have to say it? I love Team NINJA, but I’m kinda over the new IP thing. I definitely don’t want smart phone games or yet another new series.

The new IP is currently announced for PS5 which is an automatic not worth caring. Personally I would rather prefer TN/KT to make new series for Worldwide appeal rather than have any more games being toned down, like a new fighting game would represent worldwide/eSports approach while DOA representing Japan/Asia audience with cute girls/overtop designs.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Were you a DOA player prior to 5? If so you are familiar with the “silent years.” The silent years happened after Itagaki switched to NG exclusively for several years after DOA4, and then he left before another could be made.

He was still being interviewed and said that he could not make a more complete fighter than DOA4. For years we didn’t hear about DOA but people still kept up with the company and continued to be fans of the series anyway.

Ninja Gaiden is not exactly in the same boat as DOA fighter. The master collection is receiving more hype than I initially expected and it will bring them some money and likely a lot of new players since it is on so many platforms that didn’t get to experience these games before.

Within Team NINJA’s social media will remain anticipation for something new related to the series.

I think if they are going to make a NG collection they should make a DOA collection with at least one of the titles online. At that point I would probably never play 6 again.
Oh, okay. I hope so.

HHH816

Tecmo already did DOA master collection back in Xbox 360 that is DOA 1& 2 ultimate.

Last edited:

onelasttime

Tecmo already did DOA master collection back in Xbox 360 that is DOA 1& 2 ultimate.
DOAU was not on Xbox 360, it was on the original Xbox. Insane how it's been 17 years since DOAU. I just don't understand why KT/TN won't just port them to next gen with online reenabled. I don't know much anything about game dev but surely this is a simple task? Not sure about you lot but I would easily pay for that again.

HHH816

DOAU was not on Xbox 360, it was on the original Xbox. Insane how it's been 17 years since DOAU. I just don't understand why KT/TN won't just port them to next gen with online reenabled. I don't know much anything about game dev but surely this is a simple task? Not sure about you lot but I would easily pay for that again.

TN even lost the game code to old NG game, surely it's the same "lost old game code" problem.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
TN even lost the game code to old NG game, surely it's the same "lost old game code" problem.
Nah TN still has the old game code for DOA before 5, they wouldn't have ported Dimensions to 3ds if they didn't have it and the artbooks from DOA5 show they still have the older assets. If they wanted to they could make it a port to PS4 and Xbox one but idk if they feel it's worth it now since people are asking for either a DOA7 or DOA6U.

They probably also don't know if they should since they would probably have to rebalance the older games, I know they'll be puzzled on how to rebalance Dimensions on current gen since the game has the bosses with those dumb movesets and alot of dumb stuff they'd have to fix if they'd even try to with a current gen port

HHH816

Nah TN still has the old game code for DOA before 5, they wouldn't have ported Dimensions to 3ds if they didn't have it and the artbooks from DOA5 show they still have the older assets. If they wanted to they could make it a port to PS4 and Xbox one but idk if they feel it's worth it now since people are asking for either a DOA7 or DOA6U.
tbh, nobody knew they have the code or not, just having assets is different than having the whole game.

They probably also don't know if they should since they would probably have to rebalance the older games, I know they'll be puzzled on how to rebalance Dimensions on current gen since the game has the bosses with those dumb movesets and alot of dumb stuff they'd have to fix if they'd even try to with a current gen port
yeah plus dividing the fans is not a good idea either, that's why tekken and vf don't port their old game.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
tbh, nobody knew they have the code or not, just having assets is different than having the whole game.

yeah plus dividing the fans is not a good idea either, that's why tekken and vf don't port their old game.
I wouldn't say they don't have it tho at least until they say something. And it's already kinda divided since we have the fans who are more into doa the fighter or doa the beach paradise. And Tekken and VF really don't have to tbh since they've done it before with games like DR online and TTT HD, and VF has ported VF quite a few times too

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
nevermind the details.i don't think they will be porting any itagaki work

Well that just doesn’t make any sense. They’ve been porting his work already for years by reusing assets from both Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive.

DOAD directly ripped CGI cut scenes from Itagaki DOA games. I used to think they spliced the story in spite of him, but now I just think that he’s a better story teller than Hayashi or better than anybody at Team NINJA for story. Hayashi wouldn’t have lasted in the game industry without porting someone else’s talent or idea. He’s creative in his own way no doubt, but he’s also a leech. His first big boy lead project was making edits to an Itagaki game...

His first attempt at his own story was Nioh? I wasn’t a big fan of the Nioh story. Like a history book I didn’t find it compelling or interesting.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Common reviews were that doa looked the same in previous games so that changed and different characters were added. I wouldn't necessarily call that an editing project

DOA5 was a masterfully done editing project.

Though I was calling out NG more than DOA with my editing comments.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD