Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think we should let Eliot recover for a little while now after this dragging?

On other doa6 news, I was talking to Tyaren about this earlier but I probably won't be getting the game until Friday. ;) I was hopefully I might get it earlier but I doubt it now, The earliest I could maybe possibly get it now would be Thursday which I still hope for since one day earlier is still great.

I hadn't had a dispatch email from the place I'd preordered it from so I decided to phone them just cause I was wondering when they would dispatch it and to make sure it would at least be here by release date and it went like -

me - Hi I was just wondering when your store would be dispatching the doa6 preorders?
( me in my mind ) - please say Tuesday! Please say Tuesday! Please say Tuesday!

Person on phone - Oh yeah let me just check for you...oh it says they'll be dispatched on Wednesday. :)

me - ...*blinks* Thank you so much for checking, that's perfect. :) Thank you so much again bye bye. :D
*hangs up*
me -
DelectableMelodicFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

jk kinda, The struggle is real, okay?!

For the first time in ages I also won't be getting a game a couple days early, because I preordered the Digital Deluxe Edition instead of the physical edition at my local game store.
I don't really mind though, because I am not as excited as I usually am about a new DOA.
Though I do hope I can preload it in next days, because I don't want to wait until release and then start downloading for several hours. At least the game doesn't seem to be 50gb big as they claimed first.

candynarwhal

I think what they messed up in DOA6, in terms of the stage design, is that in DOA2-4 at least, the vast majority of stages weren't designed formulaically as arenas - they were locations that fights coincidentally took place in, for the most part.

There was something much more natural about these designs. DOA5 dropped the ball in making most of its stages square boxes, while DOA6 fails to offer visual variety on top of that.

legibifou

(I don't know where to post it...)
Here we are fighters! The game is available to download for the people who pre-ordered.
Let's go!

(The game is less than 30Go for the deluxe version. What about the 50Go we saw on the back cover?)

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I don't know where to post this so I will leave it here. Shimbori interview:

-Diego is popular in NA
-Possibility to add Gen Fu in the future
-Momiji & Rachel aren't here bc they're Ninja Gaiden chars
-We regrettably had to cut voices & about 30 episodes. We had ones for new chars, if this game hits we may add them
-Nyotengu has scenario

just_me

Standard Donor
Lol “Reminder of what he previously said at the reveal interview" and the linked tweet does not contain a single word from Shimbori XD

Last edited:

SoftCabbage

Lol “Reminder of what he previously said at the reveal interview" and the linked tweet does not contain a single word form Shimbori XD

That said, I guess everyone should take a reminder about the previous mistranslation case regarding the censor thingy? Was it by him. If yes, then do take pre-caution.

I know BlackKite for a long time. He is enthusiastic. But I must say once I have tried translating things myself, I've found him mixing his own guesses and opinions into his translations sometimes. Making them inaccurate to the point of false information getting spread by another game 'journalists' and communities who just consume the translation.

Not trying to set up an issue here. But please be aware.

KwonJigglypuff

THERE’A A PROBABILITY FOR GENFU (a character that’s now basically REPLACED by Eliot) TO RETURN BUT NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT LEON?????

Well it seems that they are favouring old veterans. Leon will get his turn at some point probably. They didn't specify any priority order. They are just saying what they are always saying : "if people buy the game/ask for <insert character name> we will consider it".

They are greedly teasing and making the fans hungry.

KwonJigglypuff

What do they mean by "cut voices" and "30 episodes"?

They'd better release them for free at some point.
Maybe they involve scenes with Gen Fu, Leon, Mai but were cut due to priority issues and time constraints.
Would make a great selling point for characters packs. Well done Team Ninja! :D

Imagine if they involve stages that were cut (Aerial Gardens tease, hello?! they know us fans love this). Was this game rushed ??? Or are they gonna go full evil business planners really soon ? I'm gagging for this conspiracy. We are not naive.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD