Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

SaihateDYNAMO

How can you look at that IGN list and honestly believe that the stage selection doa6 is poor compared to doa5 vanilla? Half of these stages are brown and grey boxes where nothing is happening. doa5 had like 4-5 good stages, the rest was introduced in one of the updates that followed. I think at this point you're desperately trying to find new things to complain about.
And half of 6’s stages are colorful boxes too lmao... a splash of color isn’t going to help poor stage design, especially in DOA.

IMO doa6 has only 4-5 good stages.
•Unforgettable
•Miybabi/Hidden Garden
•Bottom of Lost Paradise
•Chinese Festival (aka a remake of a 5LR stage which in turn was a remake of a DOA2 stage...)

Both 5V and 6’s stage selection sucks, just in different ways. 6 has a slight advantage just because of unforgettable and Miyabi’s existence but it’s not as big of an improvement for a sequel of 7 years.

Jadeinchains

I am still not a fan, I just think DOA6 is worse.

And that's fine, I can understand perhaps the DoA6 stages just not being to certain people's tastes. :) For me personally I like both vanilla doa5 and doa6's stages I've just found I've liked DoA6's a little bit more.

On the subject of stages though If I could put out into the universe for TN to see that I really would like a beach stage added to DoA6 since Zack Island was my fave stage in DoA5 for how beautiful and bright it was.

legibifou

Thank you. :) You are not counting Tatami and Chamber of Potential though?

No indeed, they are not "real" stages for me. But it's easy to add them in the count, lol (+1 for everyone)

Just to be clear for eveyone, in my count, I tried to count every time there is a variation in stages (For exemple, I count 3 parts for Flow, because we have the first environment in the cave, then on the top of the waterfall, and at the end, the "primal" stage.). i really tried to be fair.
...and you know, I did it too for DOAU, DOA3 and DOA4 and in the end, DOA6 is the DOA game with fewer stages & fewer different parts for its stages.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
And half of 6’s stages are colorful boxes too lmao... a splash of color isn’t going to help poor stage design, especially in DOA.

IMO doa6 has only 4-5 good stages.
•Unforgettable
•Miybabi/Hidden Garden
•Bottom of Lost Paradise
•Chinese Festival (aka a remake of a 5LR stage which in turn was a remake of a DOA2 stage...)

Both 5V and 6’s stage selection sucks, just in different ways. 6 has a slight advantage just because of unforgettable and Miyabi’s existence but it’s not as big of an improvement for a sequel of 7 years.
This is the truth of it for me. Though I give 5 the winning ticket on stage selection on launch because of The Ends of The Earth.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
On the subject of stages though If I could put out into the universe for TN to see that I really would like a beach stage added to DoA6 since Zack Island was my fave stage in DoA5 for how beautiful and bright it was.

tenor.gif

Beach stages are always my favorite DOA stages. I love the vibrancy, whole atmosphere and I do love water in games (if it is well made).

But no beach stage ever will reach the beauty and atmosphere of DOA3's. The setting sun, the expressive rock formations in the distance, the big flock of seagulls, the deforming sand...

Einzelkind

The number of different parts or stage transitions doesn’t tell me much about how interesting a stage is. Throwdown, road rage and forbidden fortune might seem like boring rectangles on paper, but they have way more interactive elements than most doa5 stages and also change their overall shape if you destroy some danger zones. Home is the only comparable doa5 stage.

Don’t get me wrong. Do I think doa6 has amazing stages? Not really. My favorite doa stages are usually the ones that are more aesthetically pleasing or set in nature - doa6 also doesn’t really emphasize “beauty” like doa2-4 did. I also don’t really enjoy stages like throwdown from an aesthetic point of view, but at least it has some kind of atmosphere. Same with doa colosseum. It might be just a circle but at least it’s a colorful one and not a vomit colored square like the doa5 alternatives.

Jadeinchains

tenor.gif

Beach stages are always my favorite DOA stages. I love the vibrancy, whole atmosphere and I do love water in games (if it is well made).

But no beach stage ever will reach the beauty and atmosphere of DOA3's. The setting sun, the expressive rock formations in the distance, the big flock of seagulls, the deforming sand...

There's something about the beach setting that is just so perfect, :) I loved the Seaside Market stage in DoA4 as well, It just always works so well as a setting. Hopefully we'll get one in doa6 at some point, I feel like we will though since It's a popular stage location.
Zack Island was also always the perfect stage to check out outfits in doa5 because of how vibrant it was. and with the water and the little island and the dolphins in the background...that stage was just amazing.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
There's something about the beach setting that is just so perfect, :) I loved the Seaside Market stage in DoA4 as well, It just always works so well as a setting. Hopefully we'll get one in doa6 at some point, I feel like we will though since It's a popular stage location.
Zack Island was also always the perfect stage to check out outfits in doa5 because of how vibrant it was. and with the water and the little island and the dolphins in the background...that stage was just amazing.
Don't forget trying to get coconut knockouts.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I think we can all agree that we are glad we've left that oil rig behind us...

...and that we should've left Lisa behind us too!
new-york-laughing-gif-12.gif

Yes, that's directed at you two! XD
I agree I despise that ugly ass stage almost as much as I hate Tatami/Dojo.

The Queen ain't going anywhere anytime soon! She even mixier than a cocktail since she got over her death defying injuries too! XD
giphy.gif

Jadeinchains

I think we should let Eliot recover for a little while now after this dragging?

On other doa6 news, I was talking to Tyaren about this earlier but I probably won't be getting the game until Friday. ;) I was hopefully I might get it earlier but I doubt it now, The earliest I could maybe possibly get it now would be Thursday which I still hope for since one day earlier is still great.

I hadn't had a dispatch email from the place I'd preordered it from so I decided to phone them just cause I was wondering when they would dispatch it and to make sure it would at least be here by release date and it went like -

me - Hi I was just wondering when your store would be dispatching the doa6 preorders?
( me in my mind ) - please say Tuesday! Please say Tuesday! Please say Tuesday!

Person on phone - Oh yeah let me just check for you...oh it says they'll be dispatched on Wednesday. :)

me - ...*blinks* Thank you so much for checking, that's perfect. :) Thank you so much again bye bye. :D
*hangs up*
me -
DelectableMelodicFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

jk kinda, The struggle is real, okay?!

U_C_A_F

I too thought 5 had better more memorable stages while at least all of them being unique and not in previous games. Flow starting as a stationary raft stage which transitions down the rapid river when its dangerzone is activated, then proceedes to tilt back and forth over the edge of the waterfall, and finally when an opponent is knocked into the edge you transition into and entirely different amazon forest stage. Shit was actually unique and cool. DOA6 just reuses a bunch of old stages while its few unique stages are just dull in comparison.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD