Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

P2p1mbs

-The most urgent thing for them right now is tweaking side-attacks since they recieved a lot complaints.

I lost many matches because people over-used that move so I also started over-using it as well so this really has to be something they need to prioritize. After a while, many games can devolve to both players just side-stepping each other...

HHH816

so this new guy will direct this already finished game???, or we will see new direction in term of graphic or DLC

PJudge

I can’t believe they fucking demoted Shimbori bc of 6 I’m wheezing 6 just won’t stop giving us
I wonder if their "core values" were not being upheld :p either way, every cloud has a silver lining I suppose.

> Leon or Gen Fu in then next season pass ? Please!
My heart says please god be Leon first, but my head says it's probably Momiji or Rachel.
I also love how he says "we haven't announced a season pass 2 yet" as if they were just going to leave it at the 1 and be done with it :D

SaihateDYNAMO

-He is no longer the director of the game, the director is now another "reliable Team Ninja member". Right now he's only the producer.
shimbori leaving TN after getting our money and fucking up the game's launch
AridWindingAmethystgemclam-size_restricted.gif

TheTHCGamer

At least they're going to improve the game and honestly by the end of season 2 SFV was a much better game which could be the case for DoA6. Let's look at this with a sign of hope instead of keeping a negative mindset.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I hear he stepped down though than demoted according to some of the players on Twitter. (Either way, he's not on board yeah)

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I can’t believe they fucking demoted Shimbori bc of 6 I’m wheezing 6 just won’t stop giving us

I hope they truly accomplish all of this and for 6’s first anniversary the game feels like an actual polished product and not something rushed.

I think this will be another DOA 5 Ultimate situation, being DOA 6 Ultimate (or whatever) the state that Team Ninja really wanted to the game being released but the damage to DOA 6 is already done because DOA 6 has been released in a worse state than DOA 5 back at its day.

Also, Shimbori said nothing about 8 frames input delay, engine optimization (both Xbox One vanilla and PS4 vanilla have drops in action mode) and new stages ... even when he talks about free content he says they are still thinking what to do ...

I don't know how much time they think this game can survive at its current state but if they plan to add free costumes and Koei gave them the green light ... it's because the general reception was really negative.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I think this will be another DOA 5 Ultimate situation, being DOA 6 Ultimate (or whatever) the state that Team Ninja really wanted to the game being released but the damage to DOA 6 is already done because DOA 6 has been released in a worse state than DOA 5 back at its day.

It's probably going to be a DOA upgrade regardless. DOA6 is only the vanilla version with a early new meta, so the idea doesn't surprise me.

Also, Shimbori said nothing about 8 frames input delay, engine optimization (both Xbox One vanilla and PS4 vanilla have drops in action mode) and new stages ... even when he talks about free content he says they are still thinking what to do.

It's a hardware thing. Namco via Tekken was able to reduce that situation via an update due to how un-rigid UE is in general trying to manage consistent gameplay without bugging out. Guess it just comes down to see if it's a major importance via KT. For the competitive players, it's pretty important to reduce the amount of delays, but from the other side of the spectrum I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be "Eh, not that big of a deal. They can manage".

NightAntilli

I really wonder if publishers don't realize that releasing a game earlier in an unfinished state creates more damage than simply delaying the game to release a better experience later on...? EA has the same problem. Look at Mass Effect Andromeda, Battlefield or Anthem. The only big ones that seems to be getting it lately are Ubisoft and Square Enix. What they generally have to update after release are minor things.

Akumasama

I wish it were that simple with a cause > effect process NightAntilli.
Alas it's much more random. It's a gamble and more often than not it seems publishers want to take that gamble.
Pure luck, good promoters, word of mouth and having a pretty nice silver platter on which to put your serving, really helps a title into making a nice impression despite being the same old platter or even a shitty/incomplete one.

Sad that Shimbori (who is in my opinion quite skilled at crafting DoA into what it is now) has to go.
I hope he'll still be able to supervise things because I cannot possibly thing of a worst future for DoA, atm, that a future without Shimbori.

Glad to be proved wrong by history of course but I'm really skeptic atm.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Alas it's much more random. It's a gamble and more often than not it seems publishers want to take that gamble.
Pure luck, good promoters, word of mouth and having a pretty nice silver platter on which to put your serving, really helps a title into making a nice impression despite being the same old platter or even a shitty/incomplete one.

Sad that Shimbori (who is in my opinion quite skilled at crafting DoA into what it is now) has to go.
I hope he'll still be able to supervise things because I cannot possibly thing of a worst future for DoA, atm, that a future without Shimbori.

He's still the Producer, he just stepped down from being Director(meaning that he's too valuable to toss out and TN knows on some level they fucked up since they didn't try to pin all of DOA6's problems on him like Nintendo and the Virtua Boy to Gunpei Yokoi).

And yeah, game development these days are becoming SUPREMELY expensive, some for the right reasons... but mostly the wrong reasons. Despite how much we say to delay games, because of the amount that's being put into games these days, the amount of people working on them and the returns... that's not really a question anymore of how much they can delay without some serious profit loss before the game even comes out.
Look at what happened to Anthem for the biggest example of that. 7 years of development hell and EA asked for the game to be released finally... and look at what they got? And that was millions down the hole that entire time while it was stuck like that for years.

Cadaveri

The article from twinfinite (translated from Dengeki Online)

https://twinfinite.net/2019/04/dead-or-alive-6-future

"While they have not confirmed that a second Season Pass will come, Shimbori-san admits that it’s not much of a secret, since the first is labeled “1.” There are plans for more Season Passes, and they will add characters that Team Ninja fans are waiting for."

Find those words interesting, them not saying "characters that dead or alive fans are waiting for" ^^

Raansu

Those games still sold a ton and made a profit. They dump these games and fix it later because the initial sales are all they care about. They make up the rest through DLC. Welcome to modern day gaming.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD