Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Dionysus

Yeah, they're bragging about how Mai is playable in their CERO D game lol. Sakurai just doesn't have the core values.

Jackie Chan Fan

I'm mind of confused with Nintendo's policies. Mai is not allowed in Smash due to her lack of clothing. Understandable. Also some Fatal Frame 5, Fire Emblem, and Atlus games with changes for the west,

But they have uncensored DOAX3 Scarlet, they have the Bayonetta series where the main character loses clothing during summons, and also Senran Kagura games.

:D

werewolfgold

It's not Nintendo. It's CERO (the Japanese ratings system). Smash is rated CERO A (E for Everyone in USA terms). Sakurai was told that they can't have Mai in the game and keep their current rating because Mai is too lewd in her standard attire.

So, yeah, DOA6 (CERO D or M for Mature) is allowed to have Mai. But...duh. Weird flex, but okay.

It has nothing to do with dunking on Sakurai. It's out of his hands.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Oh, okay. It looks like the English subtitles said that Sakurai claimed that Mai couldn't be included because Smash is played by "good boys and girls." But the subtitles left out that he was referencing what CERO said, so everyone thinks that it's his fault.

R.I.P. lol

I mean, Sakurai has been known to troll before as well (multiple factors? could also just be the rating system itself). That whole Shadow the Hedgehog thing was one of them for his troll amusement, it's a pretty big meme story, but Smash is full of memes so it was of no surprise.

But yeah, also saw this:

Off topic so whoops.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
This is just one of those weird crossroads you'll encounter as a result of Smash being a game fundamentally designed as a casual party game but just somehow developed a hardcore competitive playerbase anyway.

werewolfgold

I can only imagine TN's social media guy waiting in the shadows for some other fighting game to goof up in some way and then...

you-amp-039-ve-just-activated-my-trap-card_o_4015157.jpg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Honestly of the swimsuit sets this one is one of the more normal ones. Y’all can’t really complain about 2 swimsuit sets.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD