Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
@KasumiLover - Ah, so they are literally and totally trying to scam us fans after all, huh? Well, can't defend that. But thanks for the reply.

And what I didn't mean a thread but something more like part of DoA's wiki or something, not something made up or replies but rather everything we agree are proven facts about the game in regards to frequently asked questions and popular myths and assumtions about the game and what the facts are in regards to them. But if it's that clear cut bad when it comes to the facts then it might just hurt the image of the game further... hehe... heh.. :/
If you want to call it that xD they're still giving us new dlc but it doesn't usually please the people here or more notably the ones who don't really play it, and the revival dlc isn't part of the season pass and it's optional to buy. And tbh I don't think anything of that nature is really needed, the general consensus is that DOA6 isn't really a good game and that'll likely stick until something truly new revitalized the game or until we're given a Ultimate version which I don't hope since that's just a waste of money when they can just update and fully complete the game we have now. I'm not buying another forced upgrade version

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I'm just gonna keep playing the game however it is but not really buy the DLC other than one or two more new costumes I can't resist and any characters I like. No sets or SPs though. Especially not revival sets, especially knowing how little effort they made in even copypastaing them. And there were some old sets I was waiting for that I might have bought, like one of the old Halloween and fan designed sets, high society, teachers, school, police, fighting force, temco anniversary, sports, and most of all the Legacy Set.

I mean fine, if they wanted to literally cut and paste old DLC from 5 they should have at least given ppl who already bought it for DoA5 a discount. At the very least. I mean, fair would be to put it in the game for free on day 1. If they remade the costumes from scratch and updated it to be worty of a 4K PS4 game then I'd see the price as a lot more justified.

Boogie

Remember when Lisa was actually a black woman?
lisa-paradise.jpg

Now:

EQJb20XUUAAZ-TI.jpg

Even in a white dress, which should make her skin appear darker/more contrasting, she looks white.

@Jadeinchains

im just gonna take this and tweet it lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Tyaren or whoever else can help answer this... So, I keep coming across the same criticism in other places literally every time a new (old) set of throwback/revival costumes is revealed. Multiple people always say "they're literally charging people for the same costumes again", and go as far as say that they're actually reusing the assets from DoA5. That these costumes were mostly done even before DoA6 released because they were already made for DoA5 and that they could have been in the game on day 1. Is this even possible to know for sure or is it just an assumption? How much of DoA6 is just DoA5 ideas recreated and how much of DoA6 is literally reused assets from DoA5?
Are all or most of the revival costumes actually a total copy-paste job or would they at least have to model them again based on the DoA5 designs but using DoA6's Dynasty Warrior engine?

I feel like it would be beneficial to have a "DoA Facts and Myths" page somewhere, lol. Seems like there's so much ignorance and unfair assumptions out there about the game that it might help to sort the facts out in one place for anyone to link to.

Someone already answered you well, but yeah much of the costume models and textures are the exact same DOA5 assets. They are for the most part not touched up and sometimes they don't even properly fit the DOA6 character models, because the DOA6 models have different proportions. The women and men are both slimmer than they were in DOA5. For that reason you will sometimes (mostly on arms or torsos) see that the costumes are a bit loose.
Even though they reuse the exact same assets and even if they sometimes do some shoddy work porting those costumes over to DOA6 (in general character models in DOA6 are a lot less polished and show a lot more bugs and errors than in DOA5) it is however still some work to actually port them to DOA6, combining them with the new character models. So the hundreds of DOA5 DLC pieces were not all ready to be put into DOA6 day one. That would have taken them months. So they kept them, doing some work on them every month and reselling them. Still a really lazy and kinda shitty practice. But I guess some whales (slang for fans that buy literally everything) will still want to have those costumes again and will make Koei Tecmo some nice profit for much less work than creating completely new DLC. You can't really blame KT for trying and succeeding, lol.

View attachment 30275

They didn't fix this.
so, what's mean the "soft body physics engine" they said?

tumblr_on078eZI4i1vrpazoo2_500.gifv

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Is this real by any chance? saw it on Twitter. (the Kanna portion specifically), don't see any other information regarding it but making sure.

84553454_2995878647090186_5109007187938639872_o.jpg

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Kinda want to send Team Ninja some death threats over this last patch. This is why I hate modern day fighting games. They take shit away well after you've paid for it and you're left with nothing. God fucking damn it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Where did you find that?

On twitter from someone else who retweeted, the original tweet was all in JPN (wasn't by TN if anyone asks) so all I did was save the photo to post it here. I probably should of retweeted it to make it easier on source looking. It's why I wanted to know if it was real or not since the original tweet itself didn't even have a source.

If it's Adobe'd out or even photoshopped, then whoever did it did really did a good job since it looks pretty believable lol. I know how to edit these images too but wanted some confirmation to be sure.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD