Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

HHH816

Too early to say RIP.... too early to consider premature solutions.

The first question my brain asked was:

1. Was this planned all along to end support?

2. Was this suspiciously done as soon as players decided enough was enough?

I'm going to let these questions resonate. I'll put all of it together in a night or two, but what does a criminal do when they are caught red handed?

They run with the money and try to keep as much of it as they can. I know that seems like a harsh statement, but when you try to pull off the Italian Job and it doesn't work and you leave quickly after it doesn't work - how are others supposed to perceive you?

no. when jim sterling, yong yea video start coming out, news article reporting bad image on KT.

KT doesn't care about image, they pull off DOAX3 when the japanese start bashing yosuke hayashi on nico stream live.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't think a new Jim Sterling video is going do anything.

It's over. The fat lady isn't singing - her song is done. Now she's being dry humped in her dressing room.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Doubt Jim Sterling would even care at this point. His last response about it was that he called DOA "a game for the simps" over at Twitter. lolololol.

High time they released Ultimate

I believe it. It's the vanilla state of the game and having tag titles where it just felt incomplete. Generally every other fighter goes to a process of an overhaul and meta changes to repurpose a product/re-ignite fire for it.

DOA6+++/DOA6U/DOA6LR/DOA6-insert title name here-.

I don't think it's getting an Ultimate release, the game's been on life support since day one. In all likelihood the DLCs this past year were already completed before the game even released and just sold piecemeal to prolong the lifespan, standard practice. If KT had any business sense they'd step away from this trainwreck and come back next gen with DOA7. Or they just double down on gacha trash, the profit margins are much bigger.

RagnorRob

It's a shame, I was very excited for this game from the time it was announced and kept checking back here to see how the developers were going to respond to fans and right this. This game could have been so much better. Poor direction and decision making the entire time killed it.

I've narrowed what games I genrally purchase because I feel there are so many games these days, unless developers are really striving to create art, or at least create something memorable and lasting, then my time and money is probably better spent elsewhere. Here, I ignored my own guideline and bough DOA6 out of name recognition. I should have waited, and I'm not going to make that mistake again with this company. I've been disappointed a great deal of the time because I never got the feeling like the developers took any pride in their work at all with this one; it seems like they never asked "how can I make this game amazing?" or "what to the fans really want to see?" Instead, everything they put out stunk of the question "how can I make money by putting out the least amount of effort?"

onelasttime

I feel this is the end of Dead or Alive, i hope I'm wrong - but i kinda hope i'm right. Just remaster our faves, find a way to monetize those ones and stay away from us KT; you really ruined a special little thing we had. Really fucked it up.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I seriously wouldn't mind writing DOA6 off and going back to DOA5 for tournaments. We can't keep telling them this was the game we enjoyed.

DOA5 has a better selection of characters, pretty nice visually for its time and far more playable.

It's also a lot more fun to write tournament write ups. You know how many mother fucking times I've written 'close hit' in the past year?

DOA6 is shit. Now that the game is dead and there isn't a game for the community to support there is no point in being dishonest about it. I hope people can forgive me and understand that I supported the game like I did for the players I love watching. Hopefully that came through with the tournament articles.

KT is never going to kill DOA. I don't think they have an ounce of care for the gameplay, but from their business perspective the characters are worth something.

onelasttime

1585632873960.jpeg

love how they’re gonna leave this giant f*^%ing gap in the character select screen as well. I’m so unimpressed

P2p1mbs

This is exactly the same thing that happened when they said they would stop releasing DLC for Last Round: people immediately assumed the series was dead and were proven wrong several months later.

They are clearly setting aside the game for now given their obvious focus on Nioh 2 as well all the recent negative press. They are likely going to wait for some months to let all the negativity die down then announce the rerelease with content added specifically to appease us like tag mode, the return of Leon, Ein and Gen Fu and maybe even making the hair colour change free.

I'll say what I said last time: everyone saying the series is dead are being such downers, the series WILL continue for us to all be disappointed at ;)

Last edited:

Anura

I’m curious, how did the Japanese players react to this? Does anyone know? I tried using google translate but most of the tweets I see don't match the 'avid supporter' profile. I don't see them mourning their waifus.

Number 13

lol wtf? Didn’t DOA 5 last MUCH longer in terms of support? Also this year alone with DOA 6 produced more fan animosity then the entirety of DoA 5 where their biggest “controversial” thing was releasing Marie Rose.

How do you literally take so many steps back from your previous game? I guess the whole “toned the series main appeal for Esports that don’t want your game anyway” back in reveal was the red herring for this shit storm losing them many fans. Combine that with being even greedier then DOA 5 era and you get this meee.

Also sure this could mean DOA 6 ultimate, but I don’t recall them posting this bleak message during Vanilla DOA 5. Oh well RiP. Glad I had no intention having DOA6 as my main fighter even if they did add Ein back lol

I will say though there is some truth to Western players being more “cheap”. Japanese gamers in general are way more susceptible for breaking bank for videogame e content. There was that one infamous story where this one Japanese guy spent a stupid amount of money to get a certain character in FGO [hilariously enough still didn’t get it]. Even applies to DOA to an extent where Japanese buying theme skins determined the launch roster of Xtreme 3. There is fucking documentaries about these people in Japan that might as well treat stuff like this as cocaine with how much they invest in this hobby.

That said at least with DOA 5 they didn’t piss off their mega whale Japanese fans that probably bought every season pass where in DOA 6 people barely do fanart on Pixiv anymore which should give you an idea on series interest. Whales felt abandoned and moved on. Japanese Whales saved them in DOA 5, but didn’t get jack with this game and good riddance.

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Honestly, if they really are just shutting the whole thing down, I can't be super happy about it. I wanted things to get better. I'm sure we all did. But, the main reason I'm sad is that we have no idea what lessons TN/KT are learning from this. Will they actually put in the work needed to make a (not sloppy) DOA fighting game? Will they focus more on character passes like other games or keep going with the costume deluge? Is the next game going to just have Kasumi revealed in pasties and a thong to try to make the game sell more?

Not to mention, the KT exec in that interview pretty much called Westerners cheap. Companies are moving more and more toward the mobile and whale model. I feel kind of pessimistic.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD