Tekken

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Why not both?
She really added nothing to the game tbh, her main story highlight was that she was Raven's superior and when she beat Dragunov she apparently said he needs to be retrained, I'm guessing which is what happened

Tbh I like her design but besides that she doesn't have much else going on, I'd take Raven over her anyday. Idk why they're bringing Shaheen back but maybe he's getting a overhaul to make him more interesting like they did Julia and Zafina before they came back. Claudio was changed and he was an earlier newcomer so I think they can do Shaheen justice if they don't make him so bland

Uberprinny

Wait, wait! Hold the phone! The open beta test for tekken 8 sounds SUS! Why must I test your product for free without pay?! BAMCO DO YOUR FUCKING JOB! Is this part of the budget cuts you mentioned during the Murray and Harada interview during early development of tekken 8?

To those who participated in the open beta test, I hope they listen to your feedback! Hopefully, you are in the ingame credits. Although its tempting to particpate on my end, I ll wait.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Wait, wait! Hold the phone! The open beta test for tekken 8 sounds SUS! Why must I test your product for free without pay?! BAMCO DO YOUR FUCKING JOB! Is this part of the budget cuts you mentioned during the Murray and Harada interview during early development of tekken 8?

To those who participated in the open beta test, I hope they listen to your feedback! Hopefully, you are in the ingame credits. Although its tempting to particpate on my end, I ll wait.
You mean closed right? And idk why they'd pay you to play their product that most of us would willingly play for free if we actually had the keys xD

Uberprinny

Closed or open it doesnt matter. Isnt beta testing done in by the company in house? Its part of quality assurance last time I checked. Anywho, I would still question the fact that Bamco is doing a "closed" beta test.

Now that I think about it. Why would companies like Tecmo Koei host a beta test with doa 6?

Last edited:

Radiance

Been playing a bit this morning. Not sure why they nerfed the backdash again and continue to do so with every tekken but makes movement feel not as fluid and very stiff. Also, because of such, alot of up close combat that might feel more mashy. Going to need to upgrade my computer to play this on max settings lol. Been playing mostly with Lili because she's the most familiar for me, but I stopped playing her due to nerfed back dash. Her sidestep is still great and overall sidestepping is better.

Went to Jin because he seems very interesting and fun in this game. He also has a better backdash and somewhat decent sidestep so movement with him feels more fluid. Other than the nerfed movement, very fun so far.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Closed or open it doesnt matter. Isnt beta testing done in by the company in house? Its part of quality assurance last time I checked. Anywho, I would still question the fact that Bamco is doing a "closed" beta test.

Now that I think about it. Why would companies like Tecmo Koei host a beta test with doa 6?

Dude it's a closed network test. The whole point is for people in different countries/platforms to play online and provide feedback to Bamco on the netcode.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Backdash is getting adjusted so that won't be a permanent change anyway. I think in the next CNT if they have one after they add more characters they'll likely overhaul alot of the stuff including the heat mechanic stuff. Hopefully they do since the over extended combos are reminding me of SC6 but without as much crazy damage scaling, hopefully they'll fix it up so everything is more normalized

I'm currently in the tekken discord and tekken 8 search on Twitter waiting on the CCNT xD Tekken 8 models have already been extracted so it shouldn't be too far off. And if they have a way to begin modding I can start learning how to for T8 since Tekken 7 imo isn't worth doing it for now since the models are hideous. Hoping someone ports Tekken 8 lili to that game

TheHunterKiller692

well that didn't take long beta is only been up for an hour.
aa792283-b0da-4276-87c6-ecd6d20d096a.pnglmao
First impressions so far: The heat system is overly prioritized here. Instead of having your right punch be a knockdown, I'd prefer if you were able to just do a combo first, then trigger heat bursts and heat smashes.

Also, the stages are boring compared to prior games.
"Not sure why they nerfed the backdash again, but it makes movement feel not as fluid and very stiff. Also, because of such, there's a lot of combat that might feel more mashy." - Radiance
Took the words right outta my mouth.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Been playing a bit this morning. Not sure why they nerfed the backdash again and continue to do so with every tekken but makes movement feel not as fluid and very stiff. Also, because of such, alot of up close combat that might feel more mashy. Going to need to upgrade my computer to play this on max settings lol. Been playing mostly with Lili because she's the most familiar for me, but I stopped playing her due to nerfed back dash. Her sidestep is still great and overall sidestepping is better.

Went to Jin because he seems very interesting and fun in this game. He also has a better backdash and somewhat decent sidestep so movement with him feels more fluid. Other than the nerfed movement, very fun so far.

I'm sorry, but isn't "very stiff" Tekken's thing? The game was never meant to feel fluid like DOA. It's slow and clunky like MK and to my knowledge always has been.

TheHunterKiller692

I'm sorry, but isn't "very stiff" Tekken's thing?
Something like that. Even with these new wall mechanics, it seems like there aren't as many hazards to utilize like in DOA. So, you end up with wide-open spaces with no walls at all, or the walls that ARE there are able to go hand-in-hand with the busted Heat mechanic that they basically went overboard with here.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Something like that. Even with these new wall mechanics, it seems like there aren't as many hazards to utilize like in DOA. So, you end up with wide-open spaces with no walls at all, or the walls that ARE there are able to go hand-in-hand with the busted Heat mechanic that they basically went overboard with here.
Tbf you have to give Tekken a chance since they're experimenting with the mechanic, the closed beta is basically a way they can see what adding certain things can do to improve the game so I think they're playing it safe for the beta.

Tekken imo doesn't necessarily need hazards but it seems like they're trying out something so that way the game can grow, its definitely welcome since the floor break and balcony break/wall break mechanic was underwhelming in the previous games, it'll never be able to top doa imo but it's nice they're trying put some different flavor in Tekken 8. They just need to tone it down a bit so thst way it seems more balsnced

Radiance

Spent most of the last day playing Claudio because he's basic af; hoping they have another beta soon. This was really fun. Movement was ass and needs to be fixed asap, but not sure how I feel about the meter mechanic. I didn't really run into many people pulling off crazy combos with it (except Lars, and Hwoarang players). Some of the stages feel "small". I didn't have a hard time carrying opponents to the wall.

Lastly.. time to upgrade my computer so I can play on max settings lol.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Gonna try it out a bit later, can't wait to practice with Lili and maybe Claudio and Jun

I'm gonna focus on learning core non heat combos since I already knew they'd be busted so I'll only focus on counter hit and normal hit combos and refloats. The heat system seems OK but they have to tone down the combo structure a bit and also maybe make it a specific time you can use it but I can't really see myself using it much besides as a comeback.

I'm also wondering if heat engagers can just be done normally without the commitment to going into heat

TheHunterKiller692

Tbf, you have to give Tekken a chance, since they're experimenting with the mechanic rn. The closed beta is basically a means to an end, so I think they're playing it safe for now.

Tekken doesn't necessarily need hazards, but it seems like they're trying out something, since the floor break and balcony break/wall break mechanic was underwhelming in prior games. It'll never be able to top DOA imo, but it's nice they're trying put some different flavor in Tekken 8. They just need to tone it down a bit so thst way it seems more balanced.

I'm gonna focus on learning core non-heat combos since I already knew they'd be busted so I'll only focus on counter hit and normal hit combos and refloats. The heat system seems OK, but they have to tone down the combo structure a bit. I'm also wondering if heat engagers can just be done normally, too.
Well, I never said Tekken NEEDS to top DOA, even if I've been riding the wave of negativity over DOA 6 essentially causing a hiatus. I just think that as it stands, it's gonna take a few adjustments, like the ones you mentioned, to be able to draw in more players, even if they are just DOA fans willing to take a break.
It's slow and clunky, and to my knowledge, always has been.
Quite frankly, I don't think that it needs to copy DOA's movement style wholesale. Halo: Infinite and Titanfall 2 are vastly different, despite having some overlap in the venn diagram (Sprinting, grappling hooks, etc). However, unlike DOA, Tekken is just slower-paced in general. And this closed network test was no exception. Every stage feels identical to one another, in all but visual aesthetic, whereas DOA at least TRIED to vary different stages that were meant for casual play, and ones for a competitive experience.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
So I played the CNT and uh wow...this really is Tekken 7 with a fresh coat of paint. I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am. I guess if you loved Tekken 7, you'll love this one too.

Frankly I was hoping for a new new game. I know it's Tekken that hasn't changed in a long time but still.

I wish VF was popular.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
So I played the CNT and uh wow...this really is Tekken 7 with a fresh coat of paint. I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am. I guess if you loved Tekken 7, you'll love this one too.

Frankly I was hoping for a new new game. I know it's Tekken that hasn't changed in a long time but still.

I wish VF was popular.

I wish everything was more popular. How Tekken caught on and became the most popular 3D fighting game in the world is beyond me, and I don't think it's bad -- but I also don't like the feel of it; similar to how I feel about Klunky Kombat.

With fighting games it's pretty much: DOA, VF and SC for me.

• Star
Reactions: Rob
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD