Texture Editing (PC)

Ooobe

Thanks a ton for the step by step!
@Blash - Tina schoolgirl (with sunglasses) is ~23600 verts, 38800 faces I figure that's close to average.
<edit>
checked and corrected vert and face count

Last edited:

The Enforcer

Well looks like outta luck for now. When I run uMod and add the game it doesn't do anything.

Any thoughts as to something up with uMod or configuration related?

Pupi18

11122445_744510189000149_1848750945726356678_o.jpg

My Kokoro <3

The Enforcer

What version are you using?

Same version. Looks like I got it working. Either it was the fact that I hadn't copied over the provided dx9 dll or maybe I was doing the order wrong of opening uMod then the game... what ev at this point. Thanks. :)

Did a test, naturally I took care of one of the most important issues, XD For this to be a proper mod though, the hair really needs to be overwritten for an individual hair style like the hat one and not the default.

TinaHair.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I know its a LITTLE off topic, and Im not sure if you can find this out just yet, but can anyone tell me (out of curiosity) what the average tri/face/polygon count of the DOA models is

It's about 30k-40k for the guys and up to 60k, even 90k for the girls. I know, that Kasumi's black ninja suit for example has 60k polygons...

my_favorite_doa_outfits__kasumi_c3__by_doafanboi-d74ysan.jpg

....which is one of the highest in the game. Though even that is surpassed by Ayane's 90k Ninja Gaiden costume:

my_favorite_doa_outfits__ayane_c9__by_doafanboi-d73mjbb.jpg

It doesn't even look that detailed, but Team Ninja was extremely generous, modeling all these fine seams running up and down the costume, the metal parts and weapons.

I read all that up some time ago in a forum, that I don't know how to find anymore. :/ There, someone extracted character models from different games and counted the polygons. Out of all the last generation console games he checked, DOA5 had by far the most detailed polygon models. For example Soul Calibur V models had just about 20-30k polygons per model and Virtua Fighter was even less... I was amazed, how low the number of polygons was with Final Fantasy XIII models, they were just around 8k-15k, if I remember correctly. For comparison, Final Fantasy XV character models have around 100k polygons, 20k going just into the hair, no joke. XD

Last edited:

Chapstick

I'm curious to see what people can do with Alpha. Could make her particle effects be glitter or blood or something

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Progress is being made... I just wish I could get some help placing things better and have to take care of the normal map.

Edit: Nevermind, this wiki article tutorial helped me out with easily using Gimp to auto-generate a normal map. Now I just need to find the low-poly version to correct it and it'd be done. Plus edit the texture to have Bass' name on it. @UncleKitchener

2015-04-01_00029.jpg
2015-04-01_00025.jpg
2015-04-01_00021.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD