Texture Editing (PC)

gamemaster14

Smurf Kasumi. Or very ill Kasumi :)
686012smurfkasumi.jpg

For some reason I have a feeling this will lead to Avatar mods.

The Enforcer

Water vs Sweat breakdown

Sweat
All characters have a sweat texture for their body. Obviously for those with more clothes, less of that water/sweat texture is visible. Over the course of combat, the initial body texture is overlaid with the sweat/water texture. Certain actions increase this transition like knockdown and actually being knocked in water. I've spent a fair amount of time in training without the character in use transitioning to 'sweaty'

Water
Some characters have alternate 'wet' textures. Hitomi's default tank top, for example. Sometimes the textures reside with the costume, others they reside with the a collection of smaller containers that apply to detail textures like the panties. These also have a scaling affect from combat & knockdown.

Personally don't mind the blood concept / usage if executed correctly, initial design seems a bit overkill. Granted highly likely given DOA's high fantasy mechanics, but if I wanted serious blood, I'd go back to MK (which I won't).

Leopold

I said it first lol. I think sweat just happens over time.
I can confirm this since the costume I did for Helena had different textures that would gradually shift to another due to the sweat. Is like as time goes by and you do more attacks etc, a 2nd clothing texture starts to appear gradually.

Baal bal

Blood and gore don't make the game more serious. I've never considered the gore on MK as a mechanic to make the game more realistic or taken more seriously. It's even pretty much the opposite ^^
That said, I did not played an MK game since the "old days" of the franchise, where the amount of violence was so unrealistic it was fun. Now, the 3D aspect and X-ray remind me of my anatomy lessons... Not so found of that haha.
It's still a fun mod thought, but I do prefer the traditional water over the blood.

On a more serious thought, It look like an unpacker is being make on xentax. Did not have the time to check it, but it look like it's working. This is basically the tool we all need haha

Blash

Its just an interesting mod! Some like it some don't, I doubt its something everyone would have on all the time.

The main thing about the blood (and Im assuming why most people like it) is cos' it shows how cleaver people are already getting with recolours and thinking outside the box. When the rest of the files get broken down people will be able to come up with some GREAT ideas!

Baal bal

Well it's actually different hairstyle too... But this is why we need character customization in DOA6. In any other 3D fighter you can make a character completely unrecognizable :)
That's why I like that this is not in DOA.
I dislike the customization that kill the character, like in Soulcalibur. GTA5 is a good example of nice customization, you can modify your character, but you keep his/her spirit.

The unpacker seem to work fine. I couldn't upload my mod on the game to see it for myself, but some Japanese Xbox modder was able to inject his mod into the game.
In less than a week we will be able to go all out with characters mod. That's pretty frightening haha, it took so much time in the consol modding ^^

C3S4RFC

You're a genius!!!

As for textures... I've replaced sweat, with blood! Download link:

My one problem is the actual sweat that drips from the opponent's head. I'm trying to get the color to thick red blood. Haven't had any luck. Any help would be really appreciative if someone can thicken the color red (and even update it), as I'm not too experienced yet. Here are the files of the sweat drip and I included image of the problem:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD