Characters The Blue Flash - DOA5LR Jacky Guide

KING JAIMY

Hey, another thing. I noticed there's not an untechable section, does he really not have any untechable setups? :eek:
Nope, see his Force Techs for additional information about that. Some of his throws are untechable but they don't allow Jacky to follow up with anything.

Darkslay

Found some. XD #TechMaster :jannlee:

I was actually about to give up, but then i remembered this move right here :4::4::K:

So, you have the following, it is worth noting all these only work in open stance:

- LV1 stun > :4::4::K: > BT :P+K: > :1::P: (+15)

- LV2 stun > :4::4::K: > BT :2::P: (+17)

- :4::4::K: > BT :P+K: > :3::K: > :1::P: (+15)

- :4::4::K: > BT :P+K: > :4::P::2::K: (+12). Alternatively, you can go for :4::P::2::P: for a delicious +7 without knockdown.

BAM!! There's your untechables bud. YEEAAAAAAH :jacky:

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Found some. XD #TechMaster :jannlee:

I was actually about to give up, but then i remembered this move right here :4::4::K:

So, you have the following, it is worth noting all these only work in open stance:

- LV1 stun > :4::4::K: > BT :P+K: > :1::P: (+15)

- LV2 stun > :4::4::K: > BT :2::P: (+17)

- :4::4::K: > BT :P+K: > :3::K: > :1::P: (+15)

- :4::4::K: > BT :P+K: > :4::P::2::K: (+12). Alternatively, you can go for :4::P::2::P: for a delicious +7 without knockdown.

BAM!! There's your untechables bud. YEEAAAAAAH :jacky:
Wow, that's cool! Can I add it to my guide, giving you the credit of course?

KING JAIMY

Made some further additions to the guide:

- NEW! Added section H: Untechables (by Darkslay :jannlee:)
- Added tips and insights for the execution of the Flash Sword Kick in section C6 (by DestructionBomb :akira:, Darkslay :jannlee: and Lulu :sarah:)

- Corrected some information regarding Jacky's force techs (see section F for the changes)

Lulu

Is there a way to make sure the Guide Appears at the top of the thread no matter which page you're on ? That would be awesome.

Anyway so from my lil project on Virtua Fighter Dot Com.... the only things I can tell you about the Flash Sword Kick that would be Helpful in DoA is:
  • There a method called the KPG Method..... although I guess in DoA you would call it the :K::P::h: Method. I managed to perform a few Flash Sword Kicks using it.
  • And you can Not Buffer the Entire Flash Sword Kick Command :6_::K::~::h: like you can with Akira's JFK.... but you can buffer the Forward Kick :6_::K: and then cancel it into the Flash Sword Kick by pressing :h: at the Apex of the Forward Kick.

Theres no way to confirm any of the other stuff I discovered in Virtua Fighter. All I can say is in VF... The Flash Sword Kick is one Frame Faster than DoA's Flash Sword Kick.... VF's Flash Sword also has 2 Active Frames while the one in DoA only has 1.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Wanted to drop a post here to you guys that Jacky and many other characters such as Akira, Pai, Bass, Kasumi and so on have CPU-only moves. (Similar to Alpha able to warp at will.)

- CPU Jacky has access to a raw Slide Shuffle :P: that does not go into Slide Shuffle at all. Keeps GB property.
- CPU Jacky has access to the running :H+K: or :3::3::H+K: raw on standard input without the need of a run or Slide Shuffle. Neutral GB for CPU.

How would this be helpful? do not know. However, this could possibly provide ideas on stuff that might/not benefit Jacky.

Is there a way to make sure the Guide Appears at the top of the thread no matter which page you're on ? That would be awesome.

Anyway so from my lil project on Virtua Fighter Dot Com.... the only things I can tell you about the Flash Sword Kick that would be Helpful in DoA is:
  • There a method called the KPG Method..... although I guess in DoA you would call it the :K::P::h: Method. I managed to perform a few Flash Sword Kicks using it.
  • And you can Not Buffer the Entire Flash Sword Kick Command :6_::K::~::h: like you can with Akira's JFK.... but you can buffer the Forward Kick :6_::K: and then cancel it into the Flash Sword Kick by pressing :h: at the Apex of the Forward Kick.

Theres no way to confirm any of the other stuff I discovered in Virtua Fighter. All I can say is in VF... The Flash Sword Kick is one Frame Faster than DoA's Flash Sword Kick.... VF's Flash Sword also has 2 Active Frames while the one in DoA only has 1.

It's still considered a On-hit confirm without intervals. You need to remember that it's a DOA buffering mechanic (Buttons and motion that are generous for you to confirm. It does not change the ideal move. It only affects pre-buffer and on hit confirms.) Same as Akira's 1-Frame knee (JPN term sounds much better since that one sounds like John F. Kennedy.) It's still a 1-Frame input upon physical contact on the buttons outside of the game. It's DOA's buffer mechanic that bypasses certain button checks.

Lulu

Uhm....... I don't think I understand.

All I know is if I try buffering the Flash Sword Kick then my usual timing always gives me Jacky's Kick Cancel..... this implies that the :6_::K: can be buffered but the :h: can't.

I think the part that has me confused is the "On Hit" part..... since you don't actually need to make successfull contact with the opponent to get the Flash Swork Kick.... it works even if you hit thin air.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Uhm....... I don't think I understand.

All I know is if I try buffering the Flash Sword Kick then my usual timing always gives me Jacky's Kick Cancel..... this implies that the :6_::K: can be buffered but the :h: can't.

I think the part that has me confused is the "On Hit" part..... since you don't actually need to make successfull contact with the opponent to get the Flash Swork Kick.... it works even if you hit thin air.

What I mean is, even in DOA standards, It's still kept within a held forward motion. You could input as something as 2P and holding 6 afterwards can still keep the ideal move intact to perform it on contact. (2P~6). DOA is not entirely on timed wrong for incorrect inputs. Iaigeri on DOA doesn't typically have to be ideally correct for other types of method since DOA is much more generous than expected.

Slightly off topic, but all hail 2H+KK

Lulu

LoL.... oh that.... yeah thats how I do it. Pretty sure it works the same way in VF.

Thats what pisses me off about Eliot's Choryo...... :3_::P: appearently doesn't follow the same logic as :6_::K:. Bad Team Ninja, Bad.

Oh also why is it only in Fighting Games that when a move has an input that matches its practicallity it is considered "generous" or hand holding ?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
LoL.... oh that.... yeah thats how I do it. Pretty sure it works the same way in VF.

Thats what pisses me off about Eliot's Choryo...... :3_::P: appearently doesn't follow the same logic as :6_::K:. Bad Team Ninja, Bad.

Oh also why is it only in Fighting Games that when a move has an input that matches its practicallity it is considered "generous" or hand holding ?

Well that's likely because Eliot's version has to be buffered in a crouch state first before inputting the relaunch (Unless that move you inputted is the relaunch hand palm upwards or has to be crouched. Don't quite remember since I have touched Eliot in ages.)

Also not all fighting games do this. It's just DOA specifically to where incorrect inputs can still have the moves you want registered. Basically the game is still rewarding you for mistimed inputs and being generous to you by letting the player get their inputs in even if it's incorrect. This also benefited pad players, which is a good thing because many players are just not fans of Arcade sticks due to the fact that it takes time to learn one. The DOA buffering mechanic benefited pad or players who are having issues performing diagonal cut moves, so it bypasses issues like 33, 11, 77, 99 inputs. Reason for this is because Pad does not have an actual 3 direction button, you have to create one by hitting 6&2 at the same time just to get a 3 input. So you could be inputting 6262(Together) and it can still come out as 33. If you are managing to get a 3 on pad, that's because your 6&2 is not exactly confirming it right down the middle on their buttons..but visually speaking, you are inputting 6&2 at the same time.

Lulu

But its not an incorrect input..... if the game says hold :3_: and I do just that but the move doesn't work then whos the one being incorrect ? I do exactly what it tell me to and boom.... nothing. This was the biggest problem with the Trials in Street Fighter and some of the combos in DoA combo challenge.

I think its wrong to say to a player: "you're not doing it right" when they were just following the instructions exactly as they were given by the game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
But its not an incorrect input..... if the game says hold :3_: and I do just that but the move doesn't work then whos the one being incorrect ? I do exactly what it tell me to and boom.... nothing. This was the biggest problem with the Trials in Street Fighter and some of the combos in DoA combo challenge.

I think its wrong to say to a player: "you're not doing it right" when they were just following the instructions exactly as they were given by the game.

You are missing the point. When you "First" input a move, before a held command [3]. It does not always come out properly as an actual 3 input. Go to the lab and look at the buttons at the bottom while inputting 3 as many times as you can. You are likely going to get a incorrect/different notation input via any pads unless you are on stick yet it will still come out.

Now regarding the Eliot situation. I am not saying the actual input or the description of the game on what is telling you is incorrect when the move is released. I am saying It becomes incorrect on pre-buffer when you are trying to input the move on a consecutive moment but yet the move still releases.

Lulu

You are missing the point. When you "First" input a move, before a held command [3]. It does not always come out properly as an actual 3 input. Go to the lab and look at the buttons at the bottom while inputting 3 as many times as you can. You are likely going to get a incorrect/different notation input via any pads unless you are on stick yet it will still come out.

Actually sometimes I do get :3::3: half of the time I perform Sarah's Spear Kick..... the D-Pad doesn't have diagnols but I don't know what the deal is with The Thumb Stick which is what I use......

Now regarding the Eliot situation. I am not saying the actual input or the description of the game on what is telling you is incorrect when the move is released. I am saying It becomes incorrect on pre-buffer when you are trying to input the move on a consecutive moment but yet the move still releases.

I don't understand this entire part.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Actually sometimes I do get :3::3: half of the time I perform Sarah's Spear Kick..... the D-Pad doesn't have diagnols but I don't know what the deal is with The Thumb Stick which is what I use.......

Now look at the :3::3: at the bottom in training mode when you are performing the move. You are likely not going to get proper:3::3: inputs but it will still come out. This, is what I am referring to. Generous and safety measure buffer mechanics. Which is good for pad players.

I do believe the thumbstick is much worse for fighters due to not having proper confirms on clicks but it's all a personal taste for that one. I am surprised you are not playing with the D-pad instead, but yes, D-pad does not have an actual diagonal click input, so you make one by inputting 6&2 just to get 3. However, this whole time..I believed you played on the D-Pad since it's common for it. Never thought I would of talked to someone who used the thumbstick for DOA.

Lulu

Now look at the :3::3: at the bottom in training mode when you are performing the move. You are likely not going to get proper:3::3: inputs but it will still come out. This, is what I am referring to. Generous and safety measure buffer mechanics. Which is good for pad players.
Thats what I'm saying.... thats what the input log shows me when I perform it from the left side. I get most of my funky inputs on the right side. VF is the game that's really bad regisering my Diagnol Directional inputs.

I do believe the thumbstick is much worse for fighters due to not having proper confirms on clicks but it's all a personal taste for that one. I am surprised you are not playing with the D-pad instead, but yes, D-pad does not have an actual diagonal click input, so you make one by inputting 6&2 just to get 3. However, this whole time..I believed you played on the D-Pad since it's common for it. Never thought I would of talked to someone who used the thumbstick for DOA.

For DoA I would love to use the D-Pad but Microsoft really screwed the pooch when they designed the one on the 360......

Anyway some VF players use the Analogue stick too appearently...... lol I haven't actually spoken to any of them so far but Oneida (one if the staff members) assures me they exist. I spoke to some stick players though...... somethings are easy for them and some things are hard.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD