The Christie Match-up Thread

Even though I don't play Christie I wanted to make a match-up thread for her because I didn't see one :p

Just discuss here and I will update the post based on what everyone agrees on.
You can contact me on my xbox live account if necessary.

ILYA✰

I'll start off with Christie-Busa!

I think Christie has the upper hand here, mainly due the fact that she has faster attacks.
Also her jakeiho stance becomes very handy in evading Ryu's long range tools. You can pretty much laugh at his face.

Christie being a low damage character needs to look out for holds and punishes, since Ryu's are pretty effective. You cant be too predictable with this one.

Discuss?

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I played an 70+ something set against a local Tina player and I must say that match-up is pretty sadistic against Christie. Christie blocks; she eats a combo throw. Christie tries to apply pressure; Tina gets a combo hold, knockdown, force tech reset. Christie gets blocked then she comes close to dying because of Tina's force tech/ground grab setups. The only effective way I could hold this dude off was to run until he got impatient and counter hit and mix-up like crazy and hope he doesn't guess right. One mistake(or correct guess on Tina's part) means humiliating death for Christie. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Crext

Standard Donor
Howdy, thought we might start a discussion regarding Christie's match-ups and what you believe to be the case. Remember that this is just speculations based on 1 perhaps incomplete view at this time, but I'll still want to hear your opinions, so we could get some estimates up and running.

5 means equal, 6 means you win 6 of 4 if you are equally good, and 4 the other way around.

I'll give an example as I view things.

Christie vs
Akira
- 7 (Christie's favor)
Alpha152 - 5
Ayane - 4 (Christie's disfavor)
Bass - 7
Bayman - 6
Brad - 5
Eliot - 7
Gen Fu - 5
Hayate - 5
Helena - 4
Hitomi - 5
Jann - 5
Kasumi - 5
Kokoro - 7
Leifang - 5
Lisa - 5
Mila - 5
Pai - 5
Rig - 6
Ryu - 6
Sarah - 5
Tina - 6
Zack - 5
New crew:
Rachel - 7
Ein - 6
Momiji - 5
Leon - 6
Jacky - 5

My experience is limited based on perhaps less than 10 meetings against some of the characters above (as an example Eliot is a rare gem).
So I'll admit straight off the bat that there is some match-ups here I'd want more practical testing with against more different people.

In other words I don't feel like I am in a situation to judge the complete roster, and want a discussion going. What I bring forth is not perfect and I want you to correct me!

Here is the complete match-up rating discussion

Hoping for some good replies!

Last edited:

Yaguar

I play a lot vs. Sarah and I'll say tools vs. Sarah looks better on paper but the 5-5 seems a decent guess.

Sarah has some great options for dealing with Christie. A parry that catches mid/high, a 9-frame jab (:4::4::P:) and frame traps, EVERYWHERE!

The great thing with being Christie is that although Sarah can take you on frame traps you don't actually have to respect them. This is why I said on paper she'll win but her :P: +1 can basically be ignored.

Both have feint stuns.

Both have i9 jabs. - Sarah's is :4::4::P: though so input wise it loses out. You can do :P: (+1) :h: :4::4::P: easy though and beat out a :P: as an example though.

Christie has JAK. Sarah has a parry stance.

Sarah has a lot of high hits and interruptible strings (for christie). Christie can be easily interrupted on delays.
Both have good Pseudo Force Techs.

Sarah has better throw damage as well as hit-throws. Christie has :6::6::T: vs. wall. - Sarah wins this imo even if that throw is god like.

Sarah has better frame traps. Christie has better guard breaks. - Honestly traps > breaks but as I've said, you can basically ignore them depending on how your opponent plays. Some you have to show respect for but others you can just throw away as a free CH.

Few more points but I can't really remember them right now. It's a pretty fun fight though but doesn't feel like it's impossible or that you're breezing it so I'd vote that 5-5 is a fairly decent estimate unless someone has better evidence (I just won't let the guys who play Sarah see it).

Crext

Standard Donor
Explain this matchup to me, please.

He nailed this one. Brad is a rare gem as well. Very few people play him.

Though, from the limited experience I've had, she has a difficult time when he is on the ground. He can sideroll her linears, and has greater reach than any of her std. approaches, or can react to the long framerate moves (can react in general really). JAK would get nuked during the animation.

At a normal stance I'd say Christie have somewhat of an advantage, if not minor (Brad do have a lot of evasive moves, and never did play the frame game after all (unlike Christie)). But considering Brad has the possibility to lay down during many of his movesets, after you have completed a string and grounded him or any time if he simply wants to try turtling you, he will be going a lot back'n forth so often that it is generally in his favor.

But again, this is speculation and logical argumentation at best. I have yet to fully investigate different range options, etc. against the sleeping Brad technique (yes, I've named it). I do not consider baiting/whiffing or blocking to be an universal solution as this could in generally be said about anything (only real approach I've figured to work thus far).

Yaguar

I'll have to check for sure but I think :H+K: may stuff his side rolls. It has an odd hitbox.
She also has :1::P: (this tracks right? Not played in a couple of weeks) and :2::P: is a great way of dealing with him just being on the ground.

Vs. Brad's handstand you have JAK, this basically shuts down all his options there. He is low centric but Christie has a huge array of fast mids. Double that with a good array of low jabs (though :2::P: is 14 so not the fastest ever) she can keep up generally. He for sure doesn't jab H/M at her speed but I'm not entirely sure on all his options to try shut her down. I'd like to do some research on this one myself now.

Crext

Standard Donor
You have most of the information here:

http://www.freestepdodge.com/wiki/christie-frame-data-doa5u/

When it comes to 1p and h+k I thiiink that the range isn't good enough before you give Brad 2-3 options to go at you with (I may be wrong, as I am no Brad expert or has been given the opportunity to study it further). But ye, as you point out. The tracking isn't really the problem, it is the general approach. That hitbox is weird, and I am not sure if all mids hit.

QueenJakheiho

Christie vs.
Akira - 6
Alpha152 - 5
Ayane - 4
Bass - 6
Bayman - 6
Brad - 5
Eliot - 6
Gen Fu - 5
Hayate - 5
Helena - 5
Hitomi - 5
Jann - 5
Kasumi - 5
Kokoro - 6
Leifang - 5
Lisa - 5
Mila - 5
Pai - 5
Rig - 6
Ryu - 6
Sarah - 5
Tina - 6
Zack - 5
New crew:
Rachel - 6
Ein - 5
Momiji - 5
Leon - 6
Jacky - 5

In my eyes there is no 7-3 match up in DOA because of the hold system and the game is so much mind based.

HoodsXx

A Brad Wong Player infiltrates your Forum thread and asks, if there are any PSN Christie players for him to play against so he can get some Matchup experience. If so, add me. NanhouDrops.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Someone give these Brad players games because most of them are the nicest people in this community.

Also, Bass players need some games too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD