The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontForkWitMe

@Forlorn Penguin @Brute @DontForkWitMe @XZero264

The Leon Home Stage combo video is almost done. Music synching and hilarious stuff to boot.
thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif_zps11d45fe6.gif

WisperG

Speaking of Nintendo...how about a guest characters from Nintendo? :) Lately Team Ninja did several collaborations with them.

Impa, Hyrule Warriors:

Hyrule+Warriors+-+02.jpg

(Impa's design is so badass in HW! :3)

Samus, Metroid Other M:

Samus-Aran.jpg

I approve of this. But we would need to get a Wii U version first...

If it happened, I would rebuy the game for Nintendo guest characters (or costumes).

Juihau

however the GG could be a form of damage control so you dont get discouraged and quit the game.
Is it possible that is, in itself, the problem? Saying gg as a form of damage control can easily (and rightfully, in my opinion) be taken as pity rather than sportsmanship. Kinda like beating someone down, and then saying "Oh, I'm so sorry you didn't stand a chance." Personally, in that situation, I'd rather nothing be said at all.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Is it possible that is, in itself, the problem? Saying gg as a form of damage control can easily (and rightfully, in my opinion) be taken as pity rather than sportsmanship. Kinda like beating someone down, and then saying "Oh, I'm so sorry you didn't stand a chance." Personally, in that situation, I'd rather nothing be said at all.

you have to keep in mind GG doesn't just mean "you played well" its also the gaming equivalent of shaking hands after a fight. if i got my ass beat in a real fight i would much rather the guy offer me a hand up and a pat on the back than to completely ignore me and just walk away.

in addition to that GG could also mean you had good conduct in the fight as in you didn't rage quit or stop trying to win.

Argentus

Nope. Because then that character would be a console exclusive, and just get banned automatically, making all the time, money, and effort used to make them ultimately a complete waste.

Except for all the people using and enjoying that character outside of official tournaments...

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Fair enough. I was trying to say though that b/c TN said they were getting pressured to put in a guest character from Dynasty Warriors I was suggesting they take one from SW4 instead since the game is new and the character models look great. That's all. :)

Edit: Saw this SW4 DLC. Apparently pajamas are the next cool thing in Japan? :confused:
Hayakawa_Special_Clothes_%28SW4_DLC%29.jpg
Towels too
20140424064912!Naotora_Special_Clothes_(SW4_DLC).jpg

but at least not all the characters get the same thing, in general SW and WO have really good DLC TN needs to hire whoever designs their costumes.

Brute

Standard Donor
"gg" means that I respected the effort of my opponent, whether they whooped me, played toe-to-toe with me, or gave it their all and still lost.

If you picked dojo, lagged a bunch, taunted and demonstrated a tactless mash for your fight, chances are I won't be saying "gg." If you're clearly a new (or less less experienced/skilled player) that got wrecked, but I can tell you gave it effort, I'll send a "gg." Not out of pity, but out of respect.

Rhandon

Standard Donor
"gg" means that I respected the effort of my opponent, whether they whooped me, played toe-to-toe with me, or gave it their all and still lost.

If you picked dojo, lagged a bunch, taunted and demonstrated a tactless mash for your fight, chances are I won't be saying "gg." If you're clearly a new (or less less experienced/skilled player) that got wrecked, but I can tell you gave it effort, I'll send a "gg." Not out of pity, but out of respect.
Very well said. The morals you've represented in this post alone are one of the reasons I followed you on FSD; I respect your posts/opinions and out of respect, I show the same. =) Not often you meet a down-to-earth, 'real' person.

Argentus

Veering off topic for a moment.

How much do taunts actually bother people? For me, it depends on which taunt. And if they spam it.

I sometimes taunt at the end of a round. Not to taunt but as a mini win pose. I like the animations.

Sgaragarru

Veering off topic for a moment.

How much do taunts actually bother people? For me, it depends on which taunt. And if they spam it.

I sometimes taunt at the end of a round. Not to taunt but as a mini win pose. I like the animations.
i bloody hate Taunts..they make me nervous...i really wish they never existed :V

WisperG

Nope. Because then that character would be a console exclusive, and just get banned automatically, making all the time, money, and effort used to make them ultimately a complete waste.

Get banned from... what, exactly? Surely you don't mean online play (they could just have them playable only when facing other Wii U players), so... tournaments? If a potential new character isn't broken or completely OP, and said tournament makes it known they'll be hosting the Wii U version, I don't see the problem.

And even if this character were to get banned from tournaments, I don't see how that would be a total waste. Tournament viability is important, but I don't see that as the "end all" of whether a character is worthless. Everyone could just, y'know, play them FOR FUN , which is already what the majority of players, i.e. the "non-competetive" players (myself included) do anyways. This is a game after all, if nothing else, its supposed to be fun.

Last edited:

Number 13

Not all taunts (I'm talking the animation itself not the intent of the player controlling the character) in this game are blatantly trying to belittle you. Some of these "taunts" ironically are quite respectable like the Ein "Osu!" one which I might sometimes do in the beginning/end of a match if I'm expecting/experienced a good bout.

Chapstick

They bother me more than they should. Some taunts are certainly worse than others (Momiji, Ayane, I'm looking at you) but they pretty much all bug me.

Leifang has great taunts but I almost never use them because I feel it's too disrespectful. Use them with @Yurlungur sometimes but that's for funsies

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD