The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigoorian King

the only hard part to achieve the Ruby Rank is finding ppl in ranked...anyone can achieve it sooner or later...the only problem that for me it takes like 20/30 minutes to find 1 opponent...and i just want the U rank because i like the color! i was hoping in new ranks so that ppl go back playing ranked thats all XD
I don't know what's your rank but believe me, when you become U getting grand points really isn't so easy. I worked on my Topaz 2 months... but I suck so it should be quicker for you LOL

Sgaragarru

I don't know what's your rank but believe me, when you become U getting grand points really isn't so easy. I worked on my Topaz 2 months... but I suck so it should be quicker for you LOL
isn't so easy because it take too long XD if the queue time was like 30seconds to 1 minutes it will be pretty fast.
last time i tried ranked i found 1 player..he was Emerald, god he was so bad, i won twice and then puff..back again to 30 minutes waiting time XD

Rawbietussin

Speaking of new characters, if they did include a guest character why not a new character from Samurai Warriors 4? SW4 is getting the PS4 port here in the US in October:

BvTqjIqCYAAP3_N.jpg:large

BvTqjNlCQAA6fVv.jpg:large

Marie Rose's sister?!
maxresdefault.jpg

It'd be good advertisement like Nintendo does with SSB.

As much as I think they look attractive model-wise, I also think they look "too ornamental" with all those armors and robes. Stripping them out of it makes them somewhat hard to identify but then again, we already got ornamentally-dressed characters being dressed into nothing.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Power Blows are stupid. So are Power Launchers.

Discuss.
tumblr_lcwad9aScj1qzracxo1_1280.jpg

1) They can only be used once per round (and when you're at 50% health, no less).

2) They require a certain charge time to execute, so it ain't a fast move to just throw out against a player who is on-point.

3) Power Launchers don't even guard break on block, so you can get throw punished against a player who is on-point. At the same token, Power Blows don't even guard break until you're at 50% health.

4) Power Launchers compensate for some characters who don't even have a ceiling move.

5) Power Blows compensate for those who want to play it safe after a Critical Burst. Sure, PL combos may potentially deal more damage, but sometimes it sucks when you drop that combo. Also, special dangerzones.

6) Both are highly recommended to be used after a successful Critical Burst (when you're at 50% health).

Now, if you wanna talk stupid, try Power Blows and Power Launchers done an unlimited amount of times per round no matter how much health you got like in the pre-alpha build with guard breaks intact. You think you know stupid? In these conditions, you'll long for something as sweet as stupid.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I'm not so fond of the PLs in DOA - the way it looks - but I think it was nice from TN to try to implant new mechanics. Plus, just like PBs, I find them quite balanced.

Also, if the PBs were to come back in DOA6, it would be nice to have some SMALL aesthetical/elemental effects associated to the characters, like the ones used in DOAD's promotional artworks. Some characters like Rachel or Momiji have nice animations, others just have a series of random moves like Helena (only 236P+K then 4P+K).

DOAD_Artwork_Helena.png
dead-or-alive-dimensions-ayane-artwork.jpg

Watery effects for Helena, sparkling stars for Tina, purple butterflies for Ayane, wolf drawings for Brad, snow effects for Bayman, pheonix for Lei Fang, fire for Lisa, etc.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
tumblr_lcwad9aScj1qzracxo1_1280.jpg

1) They can only be used once per round (and when you're at 50% health, no less).

2) They require a certain charge time to execute, so it ain't a fast move to just throw out against a player who is on-point.

3) Power Launchers don't even guard break on block, so you can get throw punished against a player who is on-point. At the same token, Power Blows don't even guard break until you're at 50% health.

4) Power Launchers compensate for some characters who don't even have a ceiling move.

5) Power Blows compensate for those who want to play it safe after a Critical Burst. Sure, PL combos may potentially deal more damage, but sometimes it sucks when you drop that combo. Also, special dangerzones.

6) Both are highly recommended to be used after a successful Critical Burst (when you're at 50% health).

Now, if you wanna talk stupid, try Power Blows and Power Launchers done an unlimited mount of times per round no matter how much health you got like in the pre-alpha build with guard breaks intact. You think you know stupid? In these conditions, you'll long for something as sweet as stupid.
preach.gif

Malibu

When you underestimate an F rank....

tumblr_nahr9mryPy1t4o62mo1_400.gif

Thats why i wish more people would play rank. get a title that fits your skill level for yoshi's sake! Only reason rank doesnt matter is because people don't play it for that reason " rank doesnt matter" play more ranked pls. i hate getting wrecked by F rankers.

Another thing. i hate when people say GG. it wasnt a good game and you know it. Don't try to talk down to me. i'll rip your heart out and feed to my lord yoshi.

Last edited:

CFW

None of the titles fit anyone's skill levels because anyone can rank up regardless of how good they are.
That's the downfall of online.

TBH, if you can't handle what rank someone is when they beat you then that's something to think about. And how is saying GG talking down to you? Literally what?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
she seems to think someone is using GG ironically. for instance saying GG after you get stomped 3-0 barley touching them not many would call that a "good game".

however the GG could be a form of damage control so you dont get discouraged and quit the game.

Malibu

None of the titles fit anyone's skill levels because anyone can rank up regardless of how good they are.
That's the downfall of online.

TBH, if you can't handle what rank someone is when they beat you then that's something to think about. And how is saying GG talking down to you? Literally what?

When it's done in a fashion of they beat you pretty bad and it wasnt a well fought game, it was just a one sided attack. saying GG isn't the best choice of words. because it wasnt a good game. a good game would be wow that was so close we had a lot of good turn arounds. just my lil observations. I was in a lobby and i saw this guy beating people bad and saying GG, then a sarah came into a room and once she beat him badly he didnt say " gg" i found that kind of funny

idk just depends on how it's used.

she seems to think someone is using GG ironically. for instance saying GG after you get stomped 3-0 barley touching them not many would call that a "good game".

however the GG could be a form of damage control so you dont get discouraged and quit the game.

pretty much exactly that but. if you want to encourage me to keep playing. try giving me a full sentence. not just " GG" say " oh nice try keep it up" something like that. GG just seems so idk rude? i know what it's meant for just i don't particularly like it. when i play with people i like to lift their spirits and compliment the things they did well when we fight. Annnnwaaaaaaaaayy i'm rambling again. i'll hush now and go look at my fabulous Rachel.

Brute

Standard Donor

Now, if you wanna talk stupid, try Power Blows and Power Launchers done an unlimited amount of times per round no matter how much health you got like in the pre-alpha build with guard breaks intact. You think you know stupid? In these conditions, you'll long for something as sweet as stupid.
That post was so superficial it hurt to read.

The idea that it was somehow believed to be a stroke of rhetorical genius, as implied by the condescending nature of the introductory image, only makes it that much more painful.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Thats why i wish more people would play rank. get a title that fits your skill level for yoshi's sake! Only reason rank doesnt matter is because people don't play it for that reason " rank doesnt matter" play more ranked pls. i hate getting wrecked by F rankers.

Another thing. i hate when people say GG. it wasnt a good game and you know it. Don't try to talk down to me. i'll rip your heart out and feed to my lord yoshi.
So you'd rather have someone say bad games to you instead?

Sorry, I can't do that. Where I come from, we hate when people say bad games to us. That's what talking down to people really is.

That post was so superficial it hurt to read.

The idea that is was somehow believed to be a stroke of rhetorical genius, as implied by the condescending nature of the introductory image, only makes it that much more painful.
It's hard to point out sarcasm.

You wanted everyone to change the subject, after all, so I took you seriously.

Malibu

So you'd rather have someone say bad games to you instead?

Sorry, I can't do that. Where I come from, we hate when people say bad games to us. That's what talking down to people really is.

It's hard to point out sarcasm.

You wanted everyone to change the subject, after all, so I took you seriously.

I didnt say you have to even say bad game, im not asking you to be rude to people. That's the opposite of the point i'm trying to get across. But this isnt gonna go anywhere So new topic!

I find it soooooooo impossible to fight against Hayate. i can't take that cosplaying weeaboo ninja seriously.

David Gregg

As much as I think they look attractive model-wise, I also think they look "too ornamental" with all those armors and robes. Stripping them out of it makes them somewhat hard to identify but then again, we already got ornamentally-dressed characters being dressed into nothing.

Fair enough. I was trying to say though that b/c TN said they were getting pressured to put in a guest character from Dynasty Warriors I was suggesting they take one from SW4 instead since the game is new and the character models look great. That's all. :)

Edit: Saw this SW4 DLC. Apparently pajamas are the next cool thing in Japan? :confused:
Hayakawa_Special_Clothes_%28SW4_DLC%29.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD