The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'll be rolling with "winged" hair, plus the Tokin and the mask.

I'll mainly play without the mask, again not really a fan of the long nose stuff that comes from Tengu legends(mainly more partial of birdlike stuff like talons and a bird head and stuff), but since she apparently comes closer to the Female Tengu someone else in this topic showed me(and that looked human with wings too, no long nose if I remember), so I'll take the wing hairs and use the mask when I'm screwing around and bored.

Argentus

Doodled first ideas.

I learned that I can't draw biker jackets, and I didn't really have an idea for a mila outfit. Just the hair (wile punk from back to top, then classic smooth dye sides and front).

10628814_1495719724011751_3076295882344767364_o.jpg

Would you buy any of these ideas as dlc?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i dont particularly like the idea of dressing Bayman up formal military wear. it symbolize honor and loyalty to a country and he pretty much said fuck that and became a mercenary

fatigues and military coats on the other hand are fine because they arent ceremonial

Malibu

ask away booboo, i'm all ears
and honestly christie was still a bad match up to rachel even when she was broken
;-;

I don't know what im doing anymore. i just finished a set of 20 matches with super strong @Awesmic and i really have no idea what to do anymore everything i tried got countered or stopped. Maybe it was the matchup or that shes much faster than rachel. But i did learn a lot as far as defending myself. which is something i'm completely terrible at.

But i was never able to stomp her like at all i think i got 3 stomps in out of 20 matches.

Yurlungur

But i was never able to stomp her like at all i think i got 3 stomps in out of 20 matches.

The stomp at a high level is a scare tactic, there is no way that the heel is guaranteed
I occasionally like to throw it once in a while to remind my opponent "hey, respect my oki game" which i will gladly eat a throw from

and yep, you need to learn a good defense and need to know when it is your turn

I'll teach you at some point a few very good crushes that rachel has, just remind me

Tirahrr

Would you buy any of these ideas as dlc?
Ayane and Bayman have Casual DLC already. Funnily Mila and Ryu are the ones I'd buy anyway so that's convenient.

Actually, I came here cos I thought I realised why the 3rd Casual DLC pack hasn't been released yet but nope, I miscounted. I thought with Nyotengu's release they'd have 10 characters which is enough for the set (because the last two sets had 10 characters). But I missed a character, so actually they could've released it after Phase-4 because that makes 10 characters who don't have a Casual DLC outfit, unless you want to count Alpha ... which would be nice really. Alpha needs some clothes.

But yeah, maybe there'll be a 11-12 character Casual DLC pack with all the remaining characters after Nyotengu's release. I hope so because I really love the Casual sets!

Brute

Standard Donor
Care to elaborate why not the Ayane, and I'm assuming Mila as well?

Was trying to go for a grown up version of her child outfit from the 2u opening
Reminds me of this one from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus.

It's just not really my style. I'm not really a fan of skirts and the like, and it's not different enough from Ayane's other Japanese/ninja garbs that it would warrant a purchase from me.

Not saying it's bad, just not my style.

Malibu

The stomp at a high level is a scare tactic, there is no way that the heel is guaranteed
I occasionally like to throw it once in a while to remind my opponent "hey, respect my oki game" which i will gladly eat a throw from

and yep, you need to learn a good defense and need to know when it is your turn

I'll teach you at some point a few very good crushes that rachel has, just remind me

Yes please Senpai! i have a lot to learn defense wise. i just take nothing but hits. i don't really know how to defend myself. i'm afraid to block because i'll get grabbed. if i dont' hold i feel like i'll get pummled which i do anyway. and i'm afraid to throw out anything because everyone seems to be faster than me.

*sigh* i'm hopeless.

Argentus

Reminds me of this one from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus.

It's just not really my style. I'm not really a fan of skirts and the like, and it's not different enough from Ayane's other Japanese/ninja garbs that it would warrant a purchase from me.

Not saying it's bad, just not my style.
Fair enough

Every time I sit down to draw something for Mila or inevitably winds up as some variation of pants/ sports bra/jacket/more dynamic hair.just feels right for her..

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD