The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

Anyone find it odd that with the bed and bath set, that neither Lisa nor Christie got a towel when they have been the only ones seen in one and Helena didn't get just a button up shirt when she has been seen lounging in one? (Source: DOAXBV, DOAX2, and DOA3)

Yeah, this still annoys me.
That's the problem with having so many girls now. Priority goes to those who sell and TN's favorites (a.k.a the cute girls & Tina, the new characters for the sake of promotion and sometimes Helena or Rachel as an extra).

Popularity/priority in Japan probably goes like this :

Kasumi/Ayane > Marie-Rose/Phase 4/Nyotengu > Momiji/Hitomi/Kokoro/Lei Fang/Mila > Tina > Helena/Rachel..... > Christie................................ > Lisa...

TN really likes Tina as she was on the pachinko thing and she's an old veteran. She was also the only mature girl with 2 new costumes in DOA5U.

Also, fun fact : her special "DWA" agent costume was "inspired" by this.

sexy-cops-robbers.jpg

Other

New DLCs coming here.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Oh and what will be Nyotengu ' s debut costume pack? I am assuming a Christmas, maid, work out, and maybe a swimsuit. We already know she will get a towel.
Christmas, nurse like Leifang's, cheerleader, towel, and a Japanese school gym outfit
Popularity/priority in Japan probably goes like this :

Kasumi/Ayane > Marie-Rose/Phase 4/Nyotengu > Momiji/Hitomi/Kokoro/Lei Fang/Mila > Tina > Helena/Rachel..... > Christie................................ > Lisa...
I don't know about Nyotengu, seems like very few people use her. I've only ever seen two people use her in arcade videos and Phase 4 is used only a tiny bit more.

Xernuht

Christmas, nurse like Leifang's, cheerleader, towel, and a Japanese school gym outfit

I don't know about Nyotengu, seems like very few people use her. I've only ever seen two people use her in arcade videos and Phase 4 is used only a tiny bit more.

She's new, though. Considering Marie and Phase's constant support since their release, it's not hard to believe.

Also, I'd probably shift Momiji up to DLC-tier. She hasn't missed a single set since Casual 1 or 2 IIRC. I forget which.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
So what dlc them do you think is to be released next to Nyotengu? Bridal costumes? Kimonos?
I hope it's a kimono or Yukata.

oh and will Lisa actually get one of these costumes this time? I hate to say it, but I was disappointed she didn't get a maid costume. Those were actually kind of cute.
Lisa isn't popular? Oh wait, don't answer that...

OsoMjJUP.png

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Why is is that wakeup s, ground tackles, and tech rolls are no longer gameplay mechanics when facing Tina?

Seriously I'll be knocked down and I'll just lay there as im mashing buttons to try to get up or tech or grab lr ANYTHING as she casually strolls up to ground grapple me over and over and over and over and I can't do anything.

Also two things that are supremely frustrating.

A Tina kept jabbing into cb. Over and over and over and over. I kept holding the cab, bit they won because it wouldn't let me do high holds again so I couldn't anything about the jabs. Combine that with the whole "no way to get up" issue shown above, and cue the rage face.

No offense to the Tina by the way. Just frustrated.

Secondly.
When you try to do wakeup or close in on someone on the ground, and as you/they rise, it instantly flips who is on the left and whose on the right, completely reversing your controls in mid input. Why the flick does it do that?!
Hard knock down baby! Mila also has quite afew.

But I do feel you on the jab into CB. It's stupid and needs to be addressed. That net code needs a buff.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm starting to really hate all hayabusas....

i need @Brute to teach me the match up!
Well, I teach the legit version of the match-up, not the "online lag-mash" version of it, which is completely different.
But yeah, I'm privy to help where I can with Ryu.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Casual Collection Vol. 3, which was stated to exist a long time ago, can finally happen now that all the characters are available (as of four days from now). While it's natural to assume that TN will give priority to other packs, it's possible we could get this one.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I don't think there will be a Casual Vol. 3

I could be wrong, but I remember them saying there was one, they just never put it out. Most likely because they intended to feature Marie, Phase 4, and Nyotengu in it.

Though, even assuming that's true, they always could have changed their mind and did away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD