Brute

Standard Donor
this is a bad idea .. all doa chars would look UGLY
tekken is so slow and has no balance.
they would destroy doa with Tekken x DOA

i am not a tekken hater i have all! but this is a really bad idea for DOA
wut

David Gregg

A DOA x Tekken x VF is waaaaay too excessive and would get too messy. Trying a crossover with 2 games is already difficult and 3 would just be ridiculous. Also when you start creating characters with the sole reason being to make a 3-man team...well...

KwonJigglypuff

I know guys, it was just a "dream" (not really a dream in fact, just a theory or a fun way to compare the stereotypes in fighting games).

Plus yeah, Nina versus Helena versus Sarah would be epic. :)
(Battle of the blonde ponytails with blue suits!!!!)

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Bayman/Goh/Dragunov (SUBMISSION-DARK TEAM)

Dragunov doesn't submit you he launches and juggles you same as the rest of the Tekken roster. i hate how weak tekkens grapplers are. sure you can theoretically do practically their whole health bar in one grab but whats more likely to happen is they're just going to break your grasp and fuck you up for trying.

Goh keeps shit simple, yes you can break it but i dont have to remember a hundred fucking inputs either so i don't mind.

Last edited:

d3v

The frame advantage is probably the only problem that needs to be dealt with i believe. I'm not really sure what the folks at VFDC are thinking when it comes to that, but I'm sure things will be worked out (hopefully).
Give all the DOA character VF frame data. It's what most of us want anyway.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Give all the DOA character VF frame data. It's what most of us want anyway.
There you go.

leeexcellent.jpg

Reactions: d3v

Akumasama

By the way, what does the VF community think about DOA x VF, and about DOA in general ?
I think I more or less think what Argentus said.

I loved the idea of DoA vs VF (a REAL carefully thought game) but DoA5 and DoA5U kinda ruined the pleasure of the idea for me, I dunno, don't feel like I want it that much anymore in the end.

Akumasama

NG4? You underestimate TN's love for rehashing NG titles. I'll bet we see NG3 again before NG4.
Ahahaha xD
Sarcasm aside, I doubt we're gonna see another version of NG3.
While another version of DoA5 for X1 and PS4 is likely imho, with the addition of the Arcade version and even more.
I guess I wouldn't mind it.

As for NG I have mixed feelings. My favourite remains the first title for several, several, several reasons.
NG1 allowed you to play in several different ways. You could go a more strategic, defensive, slow approach. Or you could go all out on action and be very fast and offensive.
Moveset didn't feel particularly buttonmashing and while there were clearly moves more efficient than others, overall each weapon had a good selection of useful combos, and you noticed that utillity (guard break etc) especially at higher difficulty levels. I loved this freedom of approach, I loved the exploration and backtracking, I loved the fact that it was all a single, huge, connected level. An inventory to manage! Loved it.

NG2 moved away from that, it became a more linear game, while there was a bit of exploration, there hardly was backtracking. Levels were basically a linear path from starting point A to ending point B. More emphasis on action.
Weapons had too many moves, many were button-mashy and combos were often too long.
The % of useful moves among the list decreased as the movesets themselves increased.
The game didn't offer as much freedom in the "approach" you could take to play the game.
It kinda forced you to stay on the offensive, always, no matter what.
Less importance of the inventory.
Despite these changes that I didn't like, it still was an incredibly awesome game.

NG3, especially the first version, was a huge failure under maybe every point of view. Even less exploration, uninspired levels, dumb cut-scenes, ugly plot, superbuttonmashy combos, no levelup for weapons (did I say weapons? I should have said weapon, singular) altough technically the list of moves went up as you received different swords throughout the game.
The new handling of Ninpos and UT was ugly.
Razor's Edge tried to address many of these aspects, but while the overall final result was apreciable, you could still feel that it was good things patched up over a "broken" core. You can't fix that "broken" core because it was badly designed to begin with.

Given what players "want" (action action action! flashes! Superfast!) I doubt they'll ever return to the roots of NG1, but if they try to do something similar to the NG2 "compromise" I'll be happy enough.

In the end I have to say that while it surprises me a lot to say it, I don't think the connections between NG and DoA worked out particularly good. I'm talking about the bonus characters, especially in NG3 Razor's Edge..
I think it would have been better to keep the connection through story and cut-scenes without allowing you to actually USE those bonus characters. It especially felt bad to be able to play the whole game with those characters in NG3 compared to the special levels of NG1 and NG2.

Rawbietussin

Mila/Newcomer (Spanish fighter)/Miguel
Rachel or Tina/Newcomer (High heeled fighter)/Anna
Momiji/Newcomer (Nun, priest or monk fighter)/Jun
Newcomer (Sumo Fighter)/Taka-Arashi/Ganryu
Eliot/Newcomer (Shota or trap fighter)/Leo

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Sooo... I know, most won't care and some might think, I am a bean counter, but there's something, that really bugs me, probably because I am a graphic designer. I did notice earlier, that the guy's models in DoA5 were really blocky, but now, after I did some screen capture requests, I noticed, how blocky they actually are. They're like DOA2 (on the leg even DOA1??) blocky.

10473568465_072ffd0f0e_b.jpg

Did all the polygons end up in the girls boobs and butts? :( Does anyone else think, that this is a little too sloppy?

Last edited:

Akumasama

Juncture points have ALWAYS been the weak point of DOA 3D models, in all episodes since the second.
Especially the anklets and body/legs attachment.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, that is true for basically all fighting games... But modelling a whole thigh in this console generation with like 10 polygons is a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD