The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

99% the characters have North American accents despite only a few of them being actually American.
being an American, i still can't understand what an American accent sounds like lol. (I know accents like southern, valley girl, Brooklyn, jersey, etc, but dunno what American means)

Juihau

As far as I'm aware, when people refer to an 'American accent,' they're generally referring to the 'neutral' accent common in the Midwest. In general, it's the same accent most American actors aim for, due to its very...neutral sound. It's also commonly referred to (in the US, at least) as "not having an accent."

Cake

eh. I see absolutely zero appeal to lightning. she and hope are the two.i flat can't stand. ssnow and fang made that game for me. snow for bare knuckle brawling, fang for personality and appearance. OH. iI recall saying how the only time Mila should have long hair is a long mane, right? LIke fangs!
No. I'm sorry but just no. No to all of it.

Edit: My attraction towards Lightning is that she's a soldier, in the sense she kicks ass and she's disciplined and well.... soldierish, but she's also a kind woman, put bluntly (Much like my favorite character in FMA is Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye (actually probably one of my favorites universally)). And I feel her with the reasons why she is the way she is. Also, FF XIII-2, despite her being barely there, made her a ton better even, both visually (and I mean the actual character, not the clothes) and maturity-wise.

... or something along these lines, I hate long texts on screen, even while writing them so I get lost a lot.

Last edited:

Argentus

As far as I'm aware, when people refer to an 'American accent,' they're generally referring to the 'neutral' accent common in the Midwest. In general, it's the same accent most American actors aim for, due to its very...neutral sound. It's also commonly referred to (in the US, at least) as "not having an accent."
heh. I get a "what the hell your accent" because I have a redneck slur, combined with some cockney and cajun pronunciations (still no idea where I picked those up from), plus slightly stilted/punctuated speech patterns, picked up from years of House and Mitch Hedberg. but I switch to a BBC narrator tone for anything professional. I tend to adopt parts of accents.i hear, which confuses the hell out of some people lol. iits fun.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I think it would be even cooler if they started letting the DOA cast speak their own native language, simular to Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (kinda) and Xuan Dou Zhi Wang.

Japanese: Kasumi, Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, Ein, Kokoro, Momiji

English: Tina, Bass, Zack, Lisa, Eliot, Christie, Rig

Chinese: Jan Lee, Lei Fang, Gen Fu, Brad Wong

Russian: Bayman

French: Helena

Italian: Leon

German: Hitomi

Swedish: Marie Rose

Not Sure: Mila (either Spanish or English),Rachel(English,Japanese, or the language her species speaks), Phase 4 (English and Japanese)

and finally

Groaning: Alpha 152 (if she comes back in the future)

Did I miss anyone?

Argentus

Leon needs a stereotypical italian american accent, tony soprano style
So his vocabulary consists of all the fucks he doesn't give?
I think it would be even cooler if they started letting the DOA cast speak their own native language, simular to Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (kinda) and Xuan Dou Zhi Wang.

Japanese: Kasumi, Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, Ein, Kokoro, Momiji

English: Tina, Bass, Zack, Lisa, Eliot, Christie, Rig

Chinese: Jan Lee, Lei Fang, Gen Fu, Brad Wong

Russian: Bayman

French: Helena

Italian: Leon

German: Hitomi

Swedish: Marie Rose

Not Sure: Mila (either Spanish or English),Rachel(English,Japanese, or the language her species speaks), Phase 4 (English and Japanese)

and finally

Groaning: Alpha 152 (if she comes back in the future)

Did I miss anyone?
I still say Mila is American, her accent is fine.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I say Mariedoll should cosplay Mila.

Off-topic fantasy aside, carry on with breaking the language barriers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD