The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Has anyone tried to confirm that staggers are indeed inescapable/less escapable? Especially if anything changed for offline modes.

Yes, it's deep stuns, or at least the stuns that have the new screen shake effect. It happens in any mode controlled by a human player. That includes going into sparring and record/playback the air to stun the player.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
If they do patch it, just ban stagger escapes in tournaments.

That would be so impossible to enforce. You could never tell if someone simply delayed by a frame or two and screwed up the input, or if the other guy was actually staggering ever so slightly.

More practical to keep this version on backup and use it for tournies.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I voted no, BUT only because the glitch doesn't implement the mechanic right. I would love for sit-downs to be inescepable. I just would want it to be implemented properly, so that all sit-down stuns would be so much deeper that SEing wouldn't affect them, like Jann's H+K.

So please TN, just add 10 frames to 23 frame sitdowns and so forth.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I really don't care if stagger escape is kept in or not. If it's kept in, it just means Ayane's 3H+K is godlike with BT4K.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I voted no, BUT only because the glitch doesn't implement the mechanic right. I would love for sit-downs to be inescepable. I just would want it to be implemented properly, so that all sit-down stuns would be so much deeper that SEing wouldn't affect them, like Jann's H+K.

So please TN, just add 10 frames to 23 frame sitdowns and so forth.

It would just result in the same situation we have now... you should have voted yes ;)

I really don't care if stagger escape is kept in or not. If it's kept in, it just means Ayane's 3H+K is godlike with BT4K.

Confirming that I would love for you to have this and to abuse it against me to whatever extent you fancy.

d3v

Hmm, I wonder if we could get more attention if this thread was front paged?

Would also help me link to it on SRK.

dawnbringer

Yes, it's deep stuns, or at least the stuns that have the new screen shake effect. It happens in any mode controlled by a human player. That includes going into sparring and record/playback the air to stun the player.

I could only reduce duration of sit-down stuns by 1 frame at best during my tests (24 -> 23, 31 -> 30). Very cool. Will test other unholdable stuns (like back stagger) later.
Normal holdable stuns that leave opponent standing are reduced as usual (15 -> 10, 34 -> 25, 25 -> 17).

Another interesting thing about that. It seems that stagger escaping now can be "buffered", i.e. some of stagger escaping effect carries to the next stun, magically. For example, when I hit with a move that inflict -34 stun and reduced it to -25, if this very move is repeated again it will only stun for -28, without any stagger escaping.

DontForkWitMe

i don't know if i'll even bother with this game again if they fix this shit. can't express how much of an improvement it is. i went from barely touching the game to playing it non-stop since the glitch was discovered,

eliot is actually much more dangerous now. parry into guaranteed 3k which leads to his P sitdown follow up (which is only counterable if the opponent is quick enough to react and hold a midpunch during the parry recovery animation...which not a single person was able to out of the dozens of people i used it on)into p+k double sitdown, into CB, into 8k launch, into instant 3px2 refloat into 3ppp46p all 100% guaranteed after the first sitdown connects.

theres no turning back for me, my interest in this game rides on whether they keep it like this or not

synce

Haven't been online yet but this sounds too broken unless it's just sit downs, most of which already guarantee stuff.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm all for making things more competitive and less guess-heavy. Voted 'Yes' of course.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Haven't been online yet but this sounds too broken unless it's just sit downs, most of which already guarantee stuff.

Most sit downs don't guarantee much of anything until this glitch comes into play. The good ones are kept by only a handful of characters. This glitch gives a lot more opportunity to several other characters.

And honestly, If you get hit by a 19-25 frame move I'm pretty sure you deserve to take a guaranteed beatdown from it. I mean that's a seriously slow move.

Zeo

So if I'm getting this straight, the Ideal thing to do would be to just add around 15 frames to everyone's sit-down stuns for basically the same result? Fine, just do that and keep stagger escaping how it is.

Fix the "glitch" edit the stuns and improve the game.

synce

Yeah I'm all for sit downs guaranteeing stuff but this is still a glitch, I don't think one day is enough for proper judgment. In a week I'm sure there will be plenty of busted shit discovered.

rximmortal

From my tests the standart sit down stun is unholdable for 17 frames. So It was best the way it was. It is broken if you can hit with 19FR Crit Burst after it , like it is now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD