The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

Skilletor

From my tests the standart sit down stun is unholdable for 17 frames. So It was best the way it was. It is broken if you can hit with 19FR Crit Burst after it , like it is now.

Why is it broken?

People keep throwing these words around without giving a reason.

rximmortal

Because this mean a guaranteed 70-80 damage after a sit down stun , thats why , otherwise it is guaranteed only 30-40.
Example Before patch: with mila , CH , 3PP (sitdown stun) , 3p ( launch) , p6pp, 6pp. ( total damage 80-90) . And damage is guaranteed after 3pp.
Example Now: CH , 3PP (sitdown stun) , 6P+K (guaranteed crit burst) , Launch, p6pp , p6p6p ( total damage 120-140). Guaranteed after 3pp too. it is 50 damage difference.
For mila the bug do not work but for many others it does , Ayane and tina at least from what i saw

ScattereDreams

I'm happy with it.

- Everyone has guaranteed setups
- Forces players to play more cautiously and know the other characters unholdable stuns, or eat big damage.
- Overall, less guessing is involved.
- Makes up for weak ass throw punish damage.

I agree, people should be blowing up Team Ninja's twitter asking them to keep this.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Because this mean a guaranteed 70-80 damage after a sit down stun , thats why , otherwise it is guaranteed only 30-40.
Example Before patch: with mila , CH , 3PP (sitdown stun) , 3p ( launch) , p6pp, 6pp. ( total damage 80-90) . And damage is guaranteed after 3pp.
Example Now: CH , 3PP (sitdown stun) , 6P+K (guaranteed crit burst) , Launch, p6pp , p6p6p ( total damage 120-140). Guaranteed after 3pp too. it is 50 damage difference.
For mila the bug do not work but for many others it does , Ayane and tina at least from what i saw

I'm not seeing the problem.

If anything I'd say that's a weaker setup you've just shown me. I can do more damage than that right now WITHOUT the glitch, and without a single chance for you to hold. How exactly do you intend to fight me toe-to-toe if you can't even do that much?

Your character needs that glitch. Why shoot yourself in the foot and nerf yourself? You're not broken. I'm not worried about your capabilities. Why should you be?

Doug Nguyen

So if I'm getting this straight, the Ideal thing to do would be to just add around 15 frames to everyone's sit-down stuns for basically the same result? Fine, just do that and keep stagger escaping how it is.

Fix the "glitch" edit the stuns and improve the game.
Im all for that since Helena's Sit down stuns only grant her +15, so at least she could be guaranteed stuff.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yeah I'm all for sit downs guaranteeing stuff but this is still a glitch, I don't think one day is enough for proper judgment. In a week I'm sure there will be plenty of busted shit discovered.

People have been abusing non-staggered sit down setups on each other since the game launched. Not everyone online slow escapes, even when it'll save their hide. There is a good amount of laziness out there and its always fun to take advantage of it during casuals.

You won't find anything more broken than what has already been discovered and used against lazy opponents. It's really not game breaking, just satisfying as hell.

rximmortal

I'm not seeing the problem.

If anything I'd say that's a weaker setup you've just shown me. I can do more damage than that right now WITHOUT the glitch, and without a single chance for you to hold. How exactly do you intend to fight me toe-to-toe if you can't even do that much?

Your character needs that glitch. Why shoot yourself in the foot and nerf yourself? You're not broken. I'm not worried about your capabilities. Why should you be?
Mila dont have higher unholdable combo than this , And every characters that has are just upper in the tier. I dont say they desrve nerf. Milas nerfs dosnt affect her whole game , they just disable 7p and P+K , i still dont know why. But i Know one thing To balance the game you need to Buff the weak characters and dont change the strong one , just make the weaker , stronger. The balance comes when everything is strong.

IceMage95

smh. People go complaining about wanting guranteed combos but then start bitching about how a character is broken because of them and wanting them nerfed.

MajesticBlue

To me it sounds pretty broken *because* some semi fast stuns are fast enough to go into sitdown stuns and then guaranteed critical bursts. Like with Ryu I see CH 6P or 3P into sitdown stun, into another sitdown stun into a critcal burst that ends in an untechable. We also have the new health and ground game to think about here.... So we are talking like over 50 percent health off of a poke that gives you a full juggle and leaves you at plus 20? Uh, yeah.

Doesn't it kinda make things too good again? The way you guys all hate Doa 4? So now when you get stunned and have to take at least a three way guess all for semi equal reward?(At least this would be in the attackers favor though) While I understand a meta will always be for the best option, it still seems like it will end up random as hell. Now it doesn't even matter what you can and can't SE because if you have a decent stun you pretty much can do anything you want. Hell I bet there are even stuns that are large enough to get a Power blow after since you can't SE.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like amazing fun. I also see how it balances the game out. It balances the game out by making it over the top. Since everybody is scary as all unholy hell. This pretty much only gives you one hold and if you miss it you die. I know a lot of you wanted that though. I kinda see it as an easy way out of balancing a game. Pretty sure nobody will agree with me though lol. Everything broken=perfect balance.

I think Zeo has the right idea. Just change the frames on the sitdown stuns.How much imo depends on the move in question.

I didn't vote and really don't know what to think, I need to see the damages and try it. Not really fair to judge it without trying it. Sounds like a blast. I just don't think it is the answer.

On another note, I just remembered that for example Christie can get almost 100 damage with only one guess after a counter hit 4k. A 14 frame midkick. Hmmm. So much to think about. One guess for 100 damage isn't that much less really. I gotta see numbers lol.

d3v

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like amazing fun. I also see how it balances the game out. It balances the game out by making it over the top. Since everybody is scary as all unholy hell. This pretty much only gives you one hold and if you miss it you die. I know a lot of you wanted that though. I kinda see it as an easy way out of balancing a game. Pretty sure nobody will agree with me though lol. Everything broken=perfect balance.
IMO, this is how games should be balanced. Heck, look at some older staples from EVO and other tournaments (MvC2, 3S, CvS2, etc.), these games do tend to have something like this amontgthe top tiers.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Arc System games tend to be balanced that way. Hell even Blizzard games do.

It's a great formula that allows high level players to do incredibly crazy stuff, and makes it easier for low level players to find something to work with.

Above all, it's proven to have the greatest majority appeal to both competitive and casual fanbases alike. It's a no brainer, really.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
In Blazblue, if my opponent makes just "one" mistake (whatever it may be) and that's punishable. I'm going to capitalize on it as much as possible for it. And if you slip again, that's entirely your own fault.

In this game, DOA5, if I hit you with Ayane's 3H+K (and I AM going to hit you with this move, this is not a what if scenario), I'm going to capitalize with bigger damage because you're slipping up and got hit with 3H+K.

I should definitely be rewarded for catching opponent's mistakes, in the case of 3H+K.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Yes yes, but not this way, TN would have to really put thought into what stuns should be how deep and for which characters. All sitdown's shouldn't be inescepable. Just listen to what synce said. Inescepabla NH setup for 105 damage? 0 guesses? That's just TOO MUCH.
EDIT: Replying to Rikuto's and d3v's posts, mostly.

WebHead

am i the only one here that doesnt know what "stagger escape" means? if ur asking if they should make slow escaping actually useable then i vote yes

shunwong

Yes yes, but not this way, TN would have to really put thought into what stuns should be how deep and for which characters. All sitdown's shouldn't be inescepable. Just listen to what synce said. Inescepabla NH setup for 105 damage? 0 guesses? That's just TOO MUCH.
EDIT: Replying to Rikuto's and d3v's posts, mostly.

With a 270 lifebar it's not even half of it. I don't see why it is too much. Unscapable damage in DOA. Great. Finally.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD