The Marie-Rose Combo & Strategy Thread!

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Alright, guys! DOA6 is officially out and many people are trying to discover new stuff for their characters.

Now that the game is out, it's time to post any combos or strategies for Marie-Rose. Not to mention, this is the second day of the release and we need to get some tech-sharing going on in this thread.

I'll start us off first with this video I shared on FSD, which is about the changes that Marie received. (WARNING: Japanese Only)

Next one is from CharminUltra, who put out a nice combo video on this character.

If you have any other combos, strategies, or anything that you want to share, please feel free to do so. Oh, and no casual talk about the costumes, please. Let's stay on topic!

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
It's looking that way, and I rarely use 8PPP for combos. But now I have a reason to.

KING JAIMY

Expert high punch hold (67H), expert mid punch hold (64H) and Rondo OH BT OH all guarantee a 4P limbo stun with combo follow-ups. So far the highest damaging combo I've found is 4P limbo - 7K - BT H+K - BT KKK. Tested against a middleweight character (Diego). Is anyone able to find better follow-ups after the 4P limbo stun?

Rondo OH BT OH also guarantees a raw Break Blow, by the way.

EDIT: BT OH, not Rondo OH.

Last edited:

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
That, and the Fatal Rush.

I'll hit the lab to see what else I find after the 4P limbo. Sorry, I've been falling behind in the game.

KING JAIMY

@VirtuaKazama

Look at how sick SSS is in combos.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/king-jaimy/video/70741364

Combo notations:

1 (NiCO): 6P+K - 6P4 - Rondo PP - SSS - 6K4 Rondo K - BT PP6PK

2 (Rig): 6PP - 9K - SSS - PPP - 3PP - 6S

3 (Rig): 6P - 9K - SSS - 6K4 Rondo K - BT KKK

4 (Rig): 6P+K4 - Rondo P - 66K - 214P - SSS - 3PP - 66P

5 (Rig): 6P+K4 - Rondo P - 66K - 214P - SSS - KK - 6PK

6 (NiCO): 6PP - 9K - SSS 6K4 Rondo PP - PP6PK

7 (NiCO): 3PK - 9K4 - BT 4P - SSS - 6PP - PPPP

8 (NiCO) 6P+K4 Rondo P - 3P - SSS - SSS - 6K4K Rondo K - PP6PK

9 (Rig): 6PP - 9K - SSS - SSS - 3PP - 6S

10 (Rig): 66K - PPP - SSS - 6H+K - PP6PK

11 (NiCO): 6P+K4 Rondo P - 3P - SSS - 6H+K - PPPP

Not included in this video but your wall combo is W! > SSS > 6K4 Rondo K > BT PP6PK

After 67H, 64H and BT OH you can do 6PP - 4P - 214P - SSS - 9P - 3PP - Micro dash 66P for crazy damage.

Last edited:

Kayseur

Thanks for your contributions King Jaimy! I need to try all of this out.
I'm pretty new to DOA (I played 5 but never in multiplayer), but how would you rate the new Marie Rose? Is she better than she used to or pretty much the same? (As I've heard she was quite low tier in DOA5).
She's my favorite character so I don't really mind even if she was still in the lowest possible tier, but I'm just curious.

KING JAIMY

I would say MR is in a better spot than DOA5. It may be a little too early to say but I suspect she'll be around mid tier.

RubinRoon

Any thoughts/speculations as to why TN made marie`s minuet command sidestep a suicide button? Could it be an oversight? Everything retracks like crazy, sometimes even mid anmation, like tina`s 46P tackle. Getting hi counter blown up for a correct read feels bad, man.

Malfury

Here's some high damaging combos I found with Marie with her advanced holds.

I also found a combo that does 175 damage on heavies with hi counter hold: 43H-2P-3P-6SH-7K-H+K-KKK. Opt out the break blow cancel for 153 damage instead if you want to go meterless.

Malfury

Found a video with a nice combo. If anyone could break down the inputs, it would be a big help.
Which combo? The first one? I wouldn't recommend that one in an actual match unless you're playing with low ranks like this guy is.

shinamouri

Which combo? The first one? I wouldn't recommend that one in an actual match unless you're playing with low ranks like this guy is.
Yeah, the first one. Other than that last hit, which I can see is risky, are there any other issues using the combo?

SailorHonoka

her HK is a fatal stun if the opponent side steps opponent stuns backwards you get 4p guarenteed
some combos
4p+k4 grab into 9p 6pp sss into 8ppp HK into kkk or pp6pk
4p+k4 grab into 9p 6pp sss into 9p 4pp kkk or pp6pk

shinamouri

Expert high punch hold (67H), expert mid punch hold (64H) and Rondo OH BT OH all guarantee a 4P limbo stun with combo follow-ups. So far the highest damaging combo I've found is 4P limbo - 7K - BT H+K - BT KKK. Tested against a middleweight character (Diego). Is anyone able to find better follow-ups after the 4P limbo stun?

Rondo OH BT OH also guarantees a raw Break Blow, by the way.

EDIT: BT OH, not Rondo OH.
What are BT and OH? I think BT is with your back to the opponent? Couldn't find anything for OH.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD