The Official Dead or Alive 5 Tier List with Discussion thread

Dr Drake

This game is too early and I don't have enough knowledge on it to make a truly informed tier list but going off my limited knowledge of the game so far.

S: Alpha-152, Gen-Fu, Christie, Sarah, Ayane

A: Kasumi, Helena, Momiji, Lei-Fang, Rig, Zack, Hayate

B: Hitomi, Pai, Bayman, Leon, Rachel, Akira, Hayabusa,

C: Mila, Lisa ,Tina, Jann Lee, Brad Wong,

D: Kokoro, Eliot, Bass, Ein

Unplacable: Jacky

I have to Agree its too early for a tierlist and for me the Tierlist is all about online experince.

I would rather to make a Tierlist about offline and online.
Because the Game is differnt from Offline to Online.

Because offline Mila is way better she could A
Also Bass isnt bad its a High Risk High Reward Character
Well Kasumi ist just not good offline imo same is with Helena.

But in generell i must admit the game is pretty well balanced in most cases.

About Ayane she is good but would put her in top of A.
Also i dont like like the placement of Leon because he has no real mid kick launcher, when the enemy is weightclass is above lightweight.

DontForkWitMe

i dont like like the placement of Leon because he has no real mid kick launcher, when the enemy is weightclass is above lightweight.

he gets 3pp on all non-super heavies with any 9k mid kick launcher and strings that end with it and air grab at stun threshold/hch. its only super heavies that make 9k completely worthless since he gets nothing from it on them except 3pp at stun threshold/hch which still isn't enough to change his tier placement in zeo's list with all the other positives he has going for him.

Dr Drake

@Brute

Helena is easy and thats it.

@ DontForkWitMe

well i play Leon alot for myself and my brother too, i also played alot against Ecow and he played Leon alot too.
I can say 9k is trash in most cases even against Midweight u can rarely do the AirGrab.
And this is a important Point for a Tierlist, if u have just a mid Punch and one good high Launcher.

But like a said its too early for a Tierlist

DontForkWitMe

@ DontForkWitMe

well i play Leon alot for myself and my brother too, i also played alot against Ecow and he played Leon alot too.
I can say 9k is trash in most cases even against Midweight u can rarely do the AirGrab.
And this is a important Point for a Tierlist, if u have just a mid Punch and one good high Launcher.

But like a said its too early for a Tierlist

like i said, he still gets a solid follow-up on all non-super heavies, its definitely his weakest launcher but it doesn't hurt him nearly as bad as you make it out to be. especially when you have characters like eliot who has nothing but shit launchers with his best ones being a throw and the other requiring him to be backturned. Leon has access to multiple plus frame GBs, extremely hi damage output, normal hit lows that trip stun, guaranteed setups, multiple 2in1's, and takes advantage of the environment better than anyone else in the cast...all while having solid mixup/pressure for a super heavy grappler. these more than make up for having a slightly mediocre mid k launcher.

Crext

Standard Donor
I would rather to make a Tierlist about offline and online.
Because the Game is differnt from Offline to Online.

Well Kasumi ist just not good offline imo same is with Helena.

You do know the perhaps best "offline" player is Xcaliburbladez which mains Helena, right? :p
He's been doing Helena for some time too, so it's nothing new that she is very competitive.

AkaShocka

I feel so bad whenever I get hit by that chargeable low kick.
I know! Especially when he fully charges it. It easy as shit to see coming but I NEVER block or hold it weirdly. I can block and and down against Hitomi or Ayane all day but I can never block that charged kick. o_O

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
For what it's worth, I had a conversation with a respectable Korean player and commentator who told me that the initial Korean consensus was that Helena, Hitomi, Rig, and Christie were very strong, but they're still deciding on a final listing. I think most Western players can agree with that for the most part. I feel that Rig is a lot stronger than Western players think, 'cause of the lack of (exposure of) Rig players. When he gets in stance, he's got a great mixup game.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Those of us who study this game are already aware of this. Like how players can still come to a conclusion that Ayane is not good in 5U, just means these players have no knowledge of her or haven't actually took her to the lab more than about an hour (that's being generous).

Brute

Standard Donor
Those of us who study this game are already aware of this. Like how players can still come to a conclusion that Ayane is not good in 5U, just means these players have no knowledge of her or haven't actually took her to the lab more than about an hour (that's being generous).
You mention that a lot, but to be honest I haven't heard a single person say that Ayane is not good in 5U. Not a single one. Not saying they don't exist, I'm sure they do, but the general consensus is definitely that Ayane is a beast in this game (which is accurate).

Unlike, say, Zack, whom a lot of players still insist (wrongly) is low tier.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You mention that a lot, but to be honest I haven't heard a single person say that Ayane is not good in 5U. Not a single one. Not saying they don't exist, I'm sure they do, but the general consensus is definitely that Ayane is a beast in this game (which is accurate).

Unlike, say, Zack, whom a lot of players still insist (wrongly) is low tier.

I hear it often by offline competitors and a certain ignorant online Mila.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD