The Official SoCal DOA Thread

Tenren

really wish I could, this not getting full time thing is really hurting my pockets right now

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
ATTENTION CALIFORNIA PLAYERS:

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is extremely close to being released officially. I know a lot of you (including myself) are very excited about getting your hands on the game and playing a lot. Everyone is hyped about the new game and it potentially being our best DOA game to date.

However, I wonder about how committed a lot of you will be to the game. I see a lot of you saying that you want to do what you can this time around, or that you want to do more than you have before. Are all of you (or most) going to live by your words? This is for everyone in this state, NorCal, SoCal, and Central California. Are you guys really going to put in more effort to get out and do anything?

Offline casual gatherings, local events, tournaments, monthly meet-ups. All of these things are available to us, especially when people are working together. Whether it has to be at a public venue or someone's home, if you're able to get things moving, I would strongly suggest doing so. If you have the resources to do something, anything at all (reliable transportation, venue(s), a place to offer for gatherings, etc), get vocal here and speak up. If you don't have something or anything at all, ask someone for help, someone will help you if they can. Carpooling somewhere with other players is good, I do that often with Vincent Rayne and Air Gear.

People will cover you on something if you happen to need assistance on something and if they are able to help out.

There are only a handful of us in NorCal and SoCal getting around on both sides of the state, even with some help. I know for sure that there are a lot of players in California playing Dead or Alive. I know and am fully aware that different people have busy or tight schedules to take care of often. I'm not saying anyone "has" to get up and get out go everywhere every single time for something related to DOA. If you have the time, and you are able to do something, it would be great if you're able to make it to something. Doesn't matter if it's just casuals or a local tournament. There are about less than 20 players going deep out here, when there really should be a lot more.

We really have to start growing ourselves a lot more out here in the west coast. Those of us that do get out regularly or often, we're all pretty tight and are good friends. I can guarantee you that you'll get along with other players after meeting them in person.

In SoCal, Boobiebombs and Vincent Rayne are hosting offline casuals at their homes on Sundays often for players. Vincent Rayne hosts weekly on Sundays, Boobiebombs host monthly on Sundays. I keep in contact with Jennifer from 1337LoungeLive for DOA casual nights and tournaments on days they have available. So, SoCal is moving along pretty well right now.

In NorCal, Return of a Shadow, SomewhatMental and Nykko recruit more players and host gatherings at various venues that's fair within' the area for most players to make it out to. These guys are putting in a lot of effort all too often for players to have places to play and compete.

Both NorCal and SoCal are doing what we can to get things moving along for DOA. And hopefully things will grow from the efforts all of us are putting into our respective areas of the state. I would really like to see DOA in California grow more. We are a very large state and population, there should be more of us getting together and working together to make our game strong on the west coast, don't you think?

Any and all bullshit anyone has with anyone else for any reason, that shit needs to die and die fast. There is no time nor room for pointless banter (if any at all) between anyone. We're too small to afford any rifts. We need to focus on growing our community, and growing our strength (our skills). There are some of us that are very strong already. And then, there are those that have great potential to be stronger too. I will not speak on behalf of players I have not seen or have yet to play at all. But I would definitely like to see what said players are capable of.

I would like to encourage everyone, start speaking up more, try to make plans to get out and go to something if you have time for something. Even if you can only make it to something once a month or every two weeks, if that's how you have to do something, definitely make the effort to do it.

Get out there, meet more players, make friends, play, practice, help each other, share your knowledge, try to learn from one another, help each other grow as a player. All of these things will allow players to grow individually and together. Doesn't matter if you are a new player, a novice, at an intermediate level, a solid player, a veteran, or a high level player. Everyone can learn something from someone else, even if it's just something so tiny that you didn't notice before.

Let's make DOA5U known out here and expose it as a solid game like all of us know it'll be.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Good games to Air Gear, Vincent Rayne, Snakz and ThatOneAznJosh at our offline casuals today.

Josh's Sarah is REALLY solid, that dude has some great potential, I enjoyed our sets. Enjoyed my sets with Air Gear as well (as always), with Vincent Rayne and Snakz too.

Today was a ton a fun for our last time playing DOA5. Now, let's get DOA5U and get casuals poppin' on Tuesday so I can bust all of you guys up with Ayane some more. <3 >:3

And screw those "Randomly pick your opponent's character" idea Air Gear had us doing, LOL. I'm joking bro, we luv U~

Sixmsj

I'll be in SoCal visiting from the 14th to the 26th~. Probably won't have a car around but I'll be in the Hawthorne/Gardena area. Possibilities of meeting up.

Sixmsj

I'd love to go, but I'll be living with my parents at the time and they're of the 'crazy' kind. :D

I'm down for any meetup that starts early and ends early though. ^_^

ikodomo

You're having casuals tomorrow? Any space for one more? Offline play sounds good to me right now
Yup, you're welcome to join us. It's in Vincent Rayne's house in Torrance. If you need help with carpool, just let us know where you live and we can pick you up. If not and you can get there yourself, just let us know. Also private msg me your cell number so we can keep in touch and contact each other faster.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You're having casuals tomorrow? Any space for one more? Offline play sounds good to me right now

Of course there is more space for additional players and you are more than welcome to come by to play. Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow if you're able to come out and hang with us.

Rubedood

I have question: do any of you guys play on stick? Mine's really screwed up right now, so I cant use it, therefore it would help me a lot if someone can let me use theirs

Vincent Rayne

I have question: do any of you guys play on stick? Mine's really screwed up right now, so I cant use it, therefore it would help me a lot if someone can let me use theirs
yeah. you lucked out. one of us uses one. dang, i need to test out my program but i'm on final fantasy and it's hard to take myself away

Sixmsj

If you haven't already added me on Xbox Live, I welcome anyone to send me a Friend Request. L History L on XBL. I'll be down to lobby up with people after I collect all the costumes and get through some training mode. :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD