The Official SoCal DOA Thread

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

ikodomo

If anyone is interested in doing casuals and a possible tournament tomorrow at around 3pm, private message me and I will give you the details about it. The attendance will also be pretty big and have at least 4 setups.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
We had 15 players at our SOCALDOA gathering today, including the casual tournament. Players recieved stream time during casuals and the casual tournament. Everyone had a good time, and we had another player come through today, thanks to Commanda Panda.

iThe Apprentice, a promising Eliot player in SoCal. I was very impressed with his play throughout the casual tournament, especially against me early in the tournament. He took game 1 against me, skillfully. But I thought things through, had the match up downloaded, and took the win.

Nonetheless, this guy's Eliot and play are solid, definitely nothing to underestimate. It is great to know that we have an impressively solid Eliot player in the SoCal scene, now. Hope iThe Apprentice will be able to attend more sessions and other gatherings in the present/future.

I'd like to say that, I am becoming quite proud (and happy) with the way things are shaping up with DOA in California, so far. SoCal is really making moves. We are getting decent to pretty solid numbers "for DOA" over games like TTT2 and Injustice at WNF. SOCALDOA brand are making good moves for DOA and giving themselves lots of good exposure. We had another FGC Live night this past Friday over at 1337LoungeLive (thanks to Jennifer for having us again, always a pleasure to be there and hang out. Thanks to Bloodburger for setting up a day for FGC Live this past Firday).

Very big thanks to Blacknight2000, Bloodburger and 1CRN for setting up and organizing these awesome local casual gatherings for players. I, if not, all of us that are attending so far, really appreciate you guys, the hard work and effort all of you have been putting into this so far. These gatherings have been a lot of fun and amazing. Hopefully things can stay strong and continue to grow with time.

As for myself, next week will be a good way to test myself and my partner (Ayane). I'm keeping Genfu at the sidelines, as it is time for my main to come out and show why she's not to be taken lightly. I will be nothing but serious and emotionless when it's game time next week (aka my Tokido face). So I will be looking forward to facing all of my opponents, no matter who they are. n_n

BloodBurger

Indeed. I'm really impressed with our consistency. 13-18 players at every event, whether it be casuals, a friendly tournament, or WNF is nothing to sneeze at. Especially for a game that so many people are quick to label "dead" or "ass"... What do they know right?

As long as the players keep showing up, we'll keep providing a place to play and we appreciate you all as well.

We've got WNF coming up, and then So Cal DOA's next event, Fight or Fright taking place on the 26th!

Let's keep DOA alive in So Cal!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Also, good games to those I played with today;

- Vincent Rayne - Thanks for carpooling as always bro, really appreciate it.

- Air Gear - Stop picking random lol. You have 4 characters that you play well, play them.

- SonicTHP - Keep practicing that Hayate man, you're definitely on the correct path with em'.

- Reddyxm - The Helena pick was surprising but I hope to see what you can do with her, I have a player in mind you can talk to if you need assistance with her, hit me up if so.

- Commanda Panda - Keep training your Kokoro man, she's (nor you) not bad, practice makes perfect and there is always room for improvement. We should play some offline casuals some time.

- iThe Apprentice - You've impressed me with your Eliot play. That and your own play are solid, hoping you'll be coming out to more sessions, it'll give you more exposure and I definitely look forward to playing you some more.

- Snakz - I apologize, I did not get a chance to help you out with more basics in the game, I was kind of being driven all over the place today, lol. Next time, I'll make sure to help you so we can get your training underway.

- Floodz - Like I was telling you at casuals earlier today, definitely hit up the lab and just mess around with moves and stuns. Even if it's just doing random things, it helps to get familiar with stuns and other properties so you can start understanding how certain moves can mesh with others. I'll actually help both you and Snakz out with that next week.

Sorry if I missed someone.

Vincent Rayne

still trying to improve my game. i know what some of my issues are but it's still hard to break habits that i've had for years. like, i can't even touch soul calibur or else i'll automatically go right back to my playstyle for that game when i pick up DOA again. and me and Commanda Panda should keep each other up to date on Kokoro.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
I'm f*cking pumped to see the strides being taken with the SoCal DOA community. I was really happy to be able to watch the stream yesterday, even if I couldn't be there myself. Keep up the momentum! Can't wait to see you guys this Wednesday at WNF!

Vincent Rayne

i gotta step up my commentating skills. i gotta do what those other commentators do first and that is make up names for popular and commonly used moves. and situations.

reddyxm

I'm loving the consistency I'm seeing at WNF and SoCal DOA. Let everyone know we aren't going anywhere!

As for myself, next week will be a good way to test myself and my partner (Ayane). I'm keeping Genfu at the sidelines, as it is time for my main to come out and show why she's not to be taken lightly. I will be nothing but serious and emotionless when it's game time next week (aka my Tokido face). So I will be looking forward to facing all of my opponents, no matter who they are. n_n

Thank GAWD. I'd rather play against your Ayane than Gen Fu not because I have a chance against Ayane but because I hate seeing Gen Fu's ugly mug.

Vincent Rayne

^ Needs to change that wack ass Silent Hill avatar to a cute anime girl avatar or something too.
oh, you gotta hate on my Silent Hill? the only reason i've had it this long is because...(insert good reason here) i'm gonna change it to the character i know you're jealous of though. Pai Chan. shame that ayane doesn't have a sexy critical burst though. and pai doesn't need underboob shirts for people to know she's got da looks. you know she does. admit it. :3

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD