The Official SoCal DOA Thread

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Perhaps we can have a commentary thread or conversation of some sort to get us all on the same page? Or some place where we can give each other constructive feedback in the same way we do about each other's gameplay? Maybe that's pushing too far, but I've heard a lot of separate conversation lately about stepping up our commentary game and maybe it'd be good to have everyone interested share in one large conversation.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
oh, you gotta hate on my Silent Hill? the only reason i've had it this long is because...(insert good reason here) i'm gonna change it to the character i know you're jealous of though. Pai Chan. shame that ayane doesn't have a sexy critical burst though. and pai doesn't need underboob shirts for people to know she's got da looks. you know she does. admit it. :3

You're definitely right, Ayane doesn't have a sexy Critical Burst, she has two! Ayane has been good lookin' since DOA1's blocky graphic days LMAO! The Makoto Nanaya-like underboob style is just a bonus and she's still saying "You can't have me. Touch me, and I'll fu*king kill you n_n"

Pai is just ugly and stiff lookin' lol. xD

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Perhaps we can have a commentary thread or conversation of some sort to get us all on the same page? Or some place where we can give each other constructive feedback in the same way we do about each other's gameplay? Maybe that's pushing too far, but I've heard a lot of separate conversation lately about stepping up our commentary game and maybe it'd be good to have everyone interested share in one large conversation.

Not a bad idea at all.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Alright, starting a commentator's thread. General Discussion? Matchmaking? Anywhere else?

Vincent Rayne

You're definitely right, Ayane doesn't have a sexy Critical Burst, she has two! Ayane has been good lookin' since DOA1's blocky graphic days LMAO! The Makoto Nanaya-like underboob style is just a bonus and she's still saying "You can't have me. Touch me, and I'll fu*king kill you n_n"

Pai is just ugly and stiff lookin' lol. xD
27f3b9f5d298d7fa742af757b8ba42a3.jpeg
i think i gotta get hajin some of them thick glasses. his picture of beauty has been downgraded so much by ayane that he can't see true beauty anymore. QUICKLY! SOMEONE SAVE HAJIN! IT'S STILL NOT TOO LATE.

iThe Apprentice

- iThe Apprentice - You've impressed me with your Eliot play. That and your own play are solid, hoping you'll be coming out to more sessions, it'll give you more exposure and I definitely look forward to playing you some more.

Thanks Hajin, I actually hope to beat you someday lol.
I need to devise a tactic for this poor defenseless sap.

Vincent Rayne

how are people shy on the internet? but i've been meaning to bring this up as well as some others. we've been talking about possibly not attending WNF anymore. we weren't even getting stream time and it was too far out of the way and just on a weird day for a lot of us to get to. so i wanted to know if anyone would like the idea of just attending the weekly casual's at max's (if he gives us the green light) and the monthly tournaments there, or if you all still want to attend WNF.

ikodomo

Not showing up to WNF can backfire the SoCal Doa scene. Even if we don't get stream time, we are still making a good impression with Alex Valle, Mondo, Mike Z and the Level up staff which can increase our chances to be at SCR. If we stop showing up, that doesn't send a good message to them and we can lose our chance to be at SCR. If we find out in a later date that DOA5U is not one of the official games at SCR then we can stop going. Otherwise, we should stick with going to WNF and meet new players since there are those players (Thoth, Ezra, etc.) we get to see that only go there. Also to be considered; Level up said we were going get stream time last week, but we had to end it early when one of our players had to go home early.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Not showing up to WNF can backfire the SoCal Doa scene. Even if we don't get stream time, we are still making a good impression with Alex Valle, Mondo, Mike Z and the Level up staff which can increase our chances to be at SCR. If we stop showing up, that doesn't send a good message to them and we can lose our chance to be at SCR. If we find out in a later date that DOA5U is not one of the official games at SCR then we can stop going. Otherwise, we should stick with going to WNF and meet new players since there are those players (Thoth, Ezra, etc.) we get to see that only go there. Also to be considered; Level up said we were going get stream time last week, but we had to end it early when one of our players had to go home early.

^ This, I agree 100%.

SOCALDOA is great, and it's going to grow in popularity with time. Bloodburger and Blacknight2000 have plans to make this pretty big, and they will be successful. But, Level Up Series and WNF are our limelight and they are known nationally (and worldwide). We may not always get stream time, but people are well aware that our game is there, and it gets exposed quite a bit regardless. East Coast knows that DOA5U is being played at Super Arcade every week, too.

Plus our chances of stream time can actually increase weekly the longer we continue to attend. Just give it time.

The more we continue to attend WNF for DOA, the better our chances are for DOA to get into SoCal Regionals (and then NorCal Regionals further ahead). You have to realize that DOA5U is part of Level's up "Main line up" for Wednesday Night Fights, has been for awhile now. Our numbers are better than TTT2 and are usually either better or tied with Injustice. We know what we want, but we HAVE to look at the grand scheme of things.

As Air Gear already said, Alex Valle, Level Up crew, Mike Z and others are actually paying attention, and Alex Valle himself already likes DOA5U. We have to keep up our attendence, good work, and impressions there just like every other game does.

They are not looking for an excuse to kick us off their roster. They are looking and making sure that "we are as serious about our game like we claim we are". So, we have to prove it. Just like other games have to, we can't expect any handouts. We can expect recognition if we keep showing that we care to grow our scene and community.

Plus, like I was telling Blacknight2000 after the tournament on the way home. I think it would be best if we do our best to keep up with WNF AND continue to expose SOCALDOA and let it grow. The higher our attendence at multiple venues are regularly, the more exposure DOA and our players get.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Shun seems to head up North for his DOA fix. It seems like there's not a whole lot going on down here, at least that I'm made aware of.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD