The Official SoCal DOA Thread

Alex Valle

ATTENTION SO CAL DOA PLAYERS: Tonight Wednesday Night Fights will have casual stations for DOA5! Please try to make it out if you can! This is pretty big and if we can show that we can get support they might actually start running tournaments for the game. I'll be there and I hope you all will be too!

Hello Everyone,

We're having DOA5 casuals at WNF every week to generate interest. If there's enough people to start a tournament, we may consider that as the stepping stone to bigger events. I can't stress the urgency of SoCal supporting DOA5 because quite honestly, we have no idea who plays it competitively nationwide besides the usual suspects.( OG DOA players or one's from WCG etc.)

Happy community building!

- Alex Valle

Keylay

I got sent to San Francisco for work this week but I can make it out next week. It will be nice to finally play some people again because online is unplayable for me at the moment.

Tenren

Hello Everyone,

We're having DOA5 casuals at WNF every week to generate interest. If there's enough people to start a tournament, we may consider that as the stepping stone to bigger events. I can't stress the urgency of SoCal supporting DOA5 because quite honestly, we have no idea who plays it competitively nationwide besides the usual suspects.( OG DOA players or one's from WCG etc.)

Happy community building!

- Alex Valle
nice ill try and make it out next week, lil to late for tonight

ikodomo

Woot just played 2 hours of straight casuals at WNF! It was fun teaching players about the game, I also got one person to consider buying it. Also, ggs to Calijared. Whoever didn't attend was missing out. Lastly, playing offline felt so good compared to online. (My counters actually came out at the right time!)
I'll definitely come next week if DOA5 happens to be there again.

Brute

Standard Donor
It seems like most SoCal players are Xbox.

So much for asking for an online match with only semi-horrible lag...

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Any "XboxLive" Cali players looking to have casuals online from time to time, feel free to shoot me a friend request.

Brute

Standard Donor
Any "XboxLive" Cali players looking to have casuals online from time to time, feel free to shoot me a friend request.
Ditto this but for PSN. I don't have time these days to make it out to many events, so I'm sorta restricted to the online. =\

Tenren

We have a group that has been playing online, hit me or ikodmo"AIR GEAR" up on xbox
Brute if i had a ps3 id be down, just dont have the extra cash right now. Someday lol what part of Cali do you live? We need to start working to at having on gathering at WNF

Brute

Standard Donor
Same. But hopefully that'll change and when I get the chance offline it is. Brute, what is your psn?
Whoops; thought I already had that up. Fixed.
Brute if i had a ps3 id be down, just dont have the extra cash right now. Someday lol what part of Cali do you live? We need to start working to at having on gathering at WNF
Yeah, I hear that. It's worth it to get one earlier though, IMO. I think I've easily made up for the price of getting a PS3 by no longer having to pay for XBL.
I live in Malibu. And before you ask, no, I'm not rich.
I'm originally from Northern San Diego. Vista/Oceanside area.

MeanMrMustard

Well after last night's showing it's clear that most so cal players are more interested in playing online than meeting up offline (not all of you, I know for some school/work got in the way). I think I'm gonna cool off on this game since there is not really anyone to play. I'll still play if I see people at WNF (which will probably be a long shot) but I don't have the time to put work into a game that nobody plays. GGs last night.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Well after last night's showing it's clear that most so cal players are more interested in playing online than meeting up offline (not all of you, I know for some school/work got in the way). I think I'm gonna cool off on this game since there is not really anyone to play. I'll still play if I see people at WNF (which will probably be a long shot) but I don't have the time to put work into a game that nobody plays. GGs last night.

You should still try to support the SoCal scene regardless. Things don't all change within one day. More people will get around when they are able to. I know I will later.

To those willing to tryout Triple Crown for casuals. I should be able to make it on Sunday if anyone is free. If not then we should talk about what day(s) are good for those who can go.

Tenren

yah i cant make a drive up there every week. Deff going to try next week if they have a setup

ikodomo

Did I play with you last night? I was there from 8 to 10 playing in the DOA station without getting out of my chair. Don't be so negative. More people will show up next week if DOA 5 shows up again and certainly I will too. I already spoke to a guy that will coming back next week to show me his new and improved helena after I taught him some of her best moves and the systems of the game.
To those willing to tryout Triple Crown for casuals. I should be able to make it on Sunday if anyone is free. If not then we should talk about what day(s) are good for those who can go.
I'll let you know by tomorrow If i can go or not, but its more likely leaning towards yes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD