The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

tumblr_mo2y6f6TDD1rr6bu8o2_400.gif

Ghosty-J

I decided to put my tablet pen down for once and get back to my License Challenge run. Picking up where I left off at Challenge 29, things were still as rage inducing as before. I couldn't beat Shun with Akira's linear attacks since he's constantly sidestepping, so I chose Jacky and spammed :1::H+K: over and over and over. Managed to bring down Shun's drink counter with :6::P::P::P: easily. I cleared the challenge and made it all the way to #35 : D

I had to take down Taka with 2x the amount of health than usual for 3 rounds. I decided to brave this challenge with Kage since I haven't used him in a while. It was a tedious fight, but I manage to come out on top after a crapload of attempts. This and the Shun challenge were cumbersome compared to the bones I've been tossed for #30-34. Now that I've cleared the 35th challenge, I'm now ranked A3!

My journey will be coming to a close soon, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts XD

Puño de Leyenda

I decided to put my tablet pen down for once and get back to my License Challenge run. Picking up where I left off at Challenge 29, things were still as rage inducing as before. I couldn't beat Shun with Akira's linear attacks since he's constantly sidestepping, so I chose Jacky and spammed :1::H+K: over and over and over. Managed to bring down Shun's drink counter with :6::P::P::P: easily. I cleared the challenge and made it all the way to #35 : D

I had to take down Taka with 2x the amount of health than usual for 3 rounds. I decided to brave this challenge with Kage since I haven't used him in a while. It was a tedious fight, but I manage to come out on top after a crapload of attempts. This and the Shun challenge were cumbersome compared to the bones I've been tossed for #30-34. Now that I've cleared the 35th challenge, I'm now ranked A3!

My journey will be coming to a close soon, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts XD

lol Awesome-Keep at it bro!

What are the 2 tracks called that are played on Jacky's? I could of sworn I heard them before..I must know. It's 10:35 - 10:52 and the other one is from 11:30 - 12:12.

Ah-ha! Found one of em-Enjoy!

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
New blog posted. It's about a broadcast happening at December 6th (this Friday) concerning Virtua Fighter. Translation (The correct translation):

Nico Nico show - Denjin☆Getcha! to have special 20th Anniversary VF episode
On December 6, 2013, 8 PM JST - the weekly Japanese show "Denjin☆Getcha!" (電人☆ゲッチャ!), in addition to its regular broadcast, will devote portion of their Friday's episode to the 20th Anniversary of Virtua Fighter. This appears to be a show that have a focus on video game entertainment.

The regular cast of the show:
  • Meijin Takahashi (高橋 名人)
  • Natsuki Katou (加藤 夏希)
  • Daisuke Sakaguchi (阪口 大助)
  • Satomi Akesaka (明坂 聡美)
  • Chiyomaru Shikura (志倉 千代丸)
Guests on the December 6 show:
  • Shinjuku Jacky (新宿ジャッキー) - "Tetsujin" Jacky player and part of the VF5 production staff
  • Bunbunmaru (ブンブン丸) - "Tetsujin" Wolf player
  • Chibita (ちび太) - "Virtua God" Lion player
  • Sexy Saitou (セクシー齋藤) - long time MC for Sega of Japan's events
  • Megumi Ogata (緒方恵美) - is a voice actress for many anime and video game characters. Well known for voicing Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho), and Shinji (Neon Genesis Evangelion). Not sure if she is on the show for Virtua Fighter or for other parts of the show.

Last edited:

Ghosty-J

After days and hours of grinding, I FINALLY did it! I've cleared Challenge #50 and fought Dural in the Space stage! And my oh my, it was such a glorious sight to behold~. I could have done it with Akira, but it was more fitting I brave the trial with the very first character I mained when I first started playing this game. El Blaze :cool:

It was simple. I had to win a basic Arcade route consisting of 10 matches back to back without losing. I've done it before in a legit Very Hard Arcade run with Akira before, so this shouldn't be a problem. Upon beating Dural in a one-sided bout of fisticuffs (with a side of grappling), I ranked up to A1, got a message saying I could change the difficulty on the route selection screen, then I was greeted with a giant sparkling logo congratulating me on clearing all the challenges. When the logo disappeared, I noticed something was... different.

There was a difficulty selection prompt at the bottom of the screen that, when opened by pressing Square, displays a menu with "Normal" and "Hard" as the available options. Out of curiosity I switch to Hard. All of a sudden the CLEAR icons at the side of the trials completely vanished! I then looked at my rank and noticed my rank progress below my license. "50/60". So it seems there are more licenses to obtain that's even higher than A1 Class :eek:

So should I put DoA5U on an even further hiatus and continue this journey or should I pack up my backs and come back home to DoA? Decisions decisions......

Puño de Leyenda

December 6 (Fri) 20:00 ~
Denjin ☆ Getcha! "VF20 Anniversary Special"
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv1607...
Cast:
Takahashi Meijin
Kato Natsuki
Akira-zaka Satomi
Daisuke Sakaguchi
Chiyomaru Shikura
Shinjuku Jackie
Buzzing round
ChibiFutoshi
Sexy Saito other

Sounds awesome bro-Hopefully we get some juicy details! :)

After days and hours of grinding, I FINALLY did it! I've cleared Challenge #50 and fought Dural in the Space stage! And my oh my, it was such a glorious sight to behold~. I could have done it with Akira, but it was more fitting I brave the trial with the very first character I mained when I first started playing this game. El Blaze :cool:

It was simple. I had to win a basic Arcade route consisting of 10 matches back to back without losing. I've done it before in a legit Very Hard Arcade run with Akira before, so this shouldn't be a problem. Upon beating Dural in a one-sided bout of fisticuffs (with a side of grappling), I ranked up to A1, got a message saying I could change the difficulty on the route selection screen, then I was greeted with a giant sparkling logo congratulating me on clearing all the challenges. When the logo disappeared, I noticed something was... different.

There was a difficulty selection prompt at the bottom of the screen that, when opened by pressing Square, displays a menu with "Normal" and "Hard" as the available options. Out of curiosity I switch to Hard. All of a sudden the CLEAR icons at the side of the trials completely vanished! I then looked at my rank and noticed my rank progress below my license. "50/60". So it seems there are more licenses to obtain that's even higher than A1 Class :eek:

So should I put DoA5U on an even further hiatus and continue this journey or should I pack up my backs and come back home to DoA? Decisions decisions......

Congrats bro! Wow-I didn't know it continued beyond that! I say you keep going! You never know what you might find...

Ah, I came across that on VFDC-Awesome interview!

On that note, what do you guys think about Sarah's new details? About how she smokes, drinks tequila, etc...I think it makes her more "real". lol :sarah:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD