The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Man, FT is such a great game. The options the characters had was ahead of VF5 vanilla.

Evo is very good too, but they really took out some of the edges when it came to character tool sets and options.

Hold_Junkie93

Man, FT is such a great game. The options the characters had was ahead of VF5 vanilla.

Evo is very good too, but they really took out some of the edges when it came to character tool sets and options.
I know this, 2P is your greatest friend in FT, it's your buddy in FS. Jeff was a better character.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Jeff was pretty nasty in FT if I recall correct. VF2 (both him and Wolf had nasty option selects) and VF4FT Jeff were pretty good. VF3tb Jeff was pretty strong too since it wasn't easy teching his down attacks and he had good oki and damage (6K was hella unsafe though).

I think my fav Lau was the one in FT. Evo Lau was the one that actually got me back into VF, but that version is still that felt really fluid to me.

Why are these games so good?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Really sad that a new Virtua Fighter game doesn't seem to be in the works right now. DOA5 is making the jump to current gen (PS4/XB1) and Tekken 7 is on the horizon. While these are the two main 3D fighters right now, I would love to see another Virtua Fighter game in the future. The fighting system is so deep and fluid, not to mention as realistic as it gets compared to the other 3D fighters. I hope Sega doesn't abandon VF.

Hold_Junkie93

Twitch.tv/nyc_vf to see what I was up to last tuesday. Toe to toe with a Kage. Got a 'lil thrashed that 1st game though, but stay n watch the session. It's the one on the 21st it looks yellow. I look a bitfunny cuz I'm chewing gum and had a mouth sore

Last edited:

Ghosty-J

tumblr_ne58psAnoY1tkkw3ko1_500.gif

I should probably be watching this anime.

Radiance

So does anyone in here actually play VF5FS still.. I just see random posts =/ I would like to play sometime if anyone is interested. I haven't played my Akira, or El Blaze in a while and would like to take a break from DOA.

Hold_Junkie93

So does anyone in here actually play VF5FS still.. I just see random posts =/ I would like to play sometime if anyone is interested. I have played my Akira, or El Blaze in a while and would like to take a break from DOA.
I do. Been wondering if someone would pop up

Koompbala

Well my GT is FNC Savior same on PSN with an underscore. Let me know when you want to play Junkie. And sure thing Koompbala.
I play Lau and Jeff but I'll be rusty as hell. My job consumes my gaming life. My last day is on the 14th. Hence why I'm gonna be free.

Radiance

Okay, got em. Can't wait. I'll be back on PSN tomorrow, gonna call it a night. Hopefully we get more players in this thread lol. Wonder what happened to Tricky =.=

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
You know, I'll probably play some VF5FS later on today, just for nostalgia purposes. If I happen to run into people online, it's usually veterans who've been playing since VF1. Lol

Hold_Junkie93

Okay, got em. Can't wait. I'll be back on PSN tomorrow, gonna call it a night. Hopefully we get more players in this thread lol. Wonder what happened to Tricky =.=
He quit. You're looking at the only (competitive) US Eileen player atm Now, if only I can get into another tourney. Preferably PS3

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD