The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

DR2K

The throw takes priority over an attack should a clash occur.

2P is -5 on block, which puts you in a two-choice situation if used badly.

Thrws win against sidestep.

You're under the mentality that 90% of FS' moves should be unsafe.

Only about 60% of moves are unsafe. You just have to find out which are and which aren't.

Define using badly? Because it seems incredibly effective against just about everything.

Offensive sidestep? Sidestep in general?

No, but you really don't need to use moves that are unsafe. It's just superflous animation.

Kind of reminds me of DOA4 in the respect that if your opponent wants to play like a dumb ass you have to dumb it down to their level. I'll never be able to hit a throw on them, but I'll be able to troll with lows.

Sarah is going to be a fucking monnster in DOA5.

TR3 StayRealChill

I am enjoying this game while waiting for DOA5, So glad I got it though i'm still reforming myself to the mechanics to get my skill in this game back up there and I only got it for ps3. I will be getting it for 360 though soon so I would love to play some of you guys on here.

kyokusanagi

Hey guys
this FS VF5 liked it more than VF5. I see nothing but some strange things in motion, rarely hit both characters at once, even if you indicate that sprites are hit. This did not happen in VF5, is not my impression?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hey guys
this FS VF5 liked it more than VF5. I see nothing but some strange things in motion, rarely hit both characters at once, even if you indicate that sprites are hit. This did not happen in VF5, is not my impression?

Your first language is not English?

Peru? Espanol?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No problem. Could you post this in spanish? It was difficult to understand in English.

Hey guys

FakeSypha

Hey guys

Err... I'm guessing you say there are problems with the hitboxes, maybe? Can't tell if that's what you meant :S

Como sea, postealo en castellano que te damos una mano. Ya vamos infiltrando varios latinoamericanos por aca, jaja!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Given the amount of people that speak Spanish here (though it's a toss-up concerning dialect), I say throw your posts up in whatever language gets your point across clearly.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I meant Spanish or English. Thought I made that clear enough by naming Spanish and given context.

Gill Hustle

Wooo they buffed the hell outta my boy lion in this one. 1k launching on counter hit makes even i feel sorry for the poor fools i destroy with him especially with all his other insane lows he has. not to mention giving him the same frame 2p as everyone else now, his new bounce combos, 6pp comboing into damn near everything, his new guard break that leads to guaranteed launcher. his new stance that sabaki's into guaranteed follow ups and has a crapload of options out of it. hes pretty much got nothing but buffs with no nerfs over vanilla VF5

Hey I remember you from that "other" site, can we count on getting you on stream?

FakeSypha

Hey Gill, next stream I'll try to join and the rest of the crew for a few matches. I saw a big chunk of the last stream, but my connection wasn't in condition for online gaming =/

Anyway, after seeing you guys playing I can already feel my ass being kicked! I gotta practice more with my Vane u.u

TRI Mike

Syph, I just saw your message. I got home a while ago and will eat dinner and watch the Copa Libertadores semifinal then I'll get online for a few games in VF5FS. We should try DOA4 as well.

Edit to avoid double post: I'm seriously having trouble with the low jabs. it's pissing me the fuck off because many players just rely too much on them online instead of actually learning their characters. I was practicing Lau in Player Match a few moments ago and a Pai player just kept throwing low jabs at me along with the same four strings over and over. It's ridiculous, we need to find a way to stop the fucking low jabs. I usually don't have MANY problems with them while playing Aoi because she has "defensive holds" but my other guys, Eileen, Blaze and so far, Lau, just fall too easily to them.

WiZzYx

Hello Mike, against low punches, there are several ways of escape. If the rival is "far" from you (one or two bodies of distance), try with :9::K: (Eileen and El Blaze) or (with El Blaze only) :9::F: to jump, and quickly :P: to dive over him. With Lau i'm only find :2::F+K:. If you are close and the low punch hits you, block the second one (+5 frame advantage) and counter attack with, ironically, a low punch (+7 frame advantage). Then use a launcher and/or your favorite combo. Also side steps usually works for everyone (counter side, extra damage) ;)

PD: Default controls:
:F: Guard
:P: Punch
:K: Kick

FakeSypha

Crap I just saw your message, Mike. Anyway, I was online almost until midnight and haven't seen you.

On a sidenote, yesterday I took my Goh to the ranked matches. Played around 40 matches, won 5. Need more practice, lol. I've been reading some VFDC, to take a better picture of how is he supposed to be played but so far I have no chance. I know a few guaranteed combos, and some other nifty moves, but I have serious problems going into offense. He isn't as direct as Vanessa, and doesn't have her range either. I still like his fighting style, so I'll keep trying.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD