The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

DyByHands

My skill level is... Low. And, I don't own the game, my nephew brings his PS3 down to play on my internet.
I am working on my Lion though. I may crop up sometime.

Gill Hustle

Psh, I could probably beat you Gill and I don't even own the game :(.

I'm not talking about myself, I'm looking " hired guns ".

About me, I'm doing my offline training with local masters.

About you, yes you thrashed me repeatedly in DOA 3.1 fine but I'm sure I can smash you in SSF4 and I don't even play that anymore ol chum.

Just be content in the peanut gallery on VF5FS ;)

(Prediction : Mr. Wah joins the Fight Club stream . . . )

Game Over

(Prediction : Mr. Wah joins the Fight Club stream . . . )

Mr. Wah shows up, trolls everyone with Wolf dressed like Hogan, doing Diamond Cutters, F-5s, and Giant Swings, all while having the mic of his headset sitting next to some speaker playing "Real American" on repeat.

WiZzYx

Come play with us!

I'm putting cross hairs on Chris Harris, Jin Masters, ScattereDreams, and Rikuto right now Muhahahahahah!
Can I join too? Sadly because of distance, I have lag, similar to FakeSypha (both from Argentina). I'm not sure, maybe can I play this weekend...

FakeSypha

I think I speak for everyone in the party when I say don't worry about it.

Granted I wish things could have been smoother, but at least you got to rep FSD on stream. Actually after reviewing your Vanessa I got home and started practicing mine more so thanks for that. (She should be ready by Sunday)

Also, I'm most def picking up Jacky as well.

Thanks for the supportive words, Gill. I appreciate that.

I'm not sure how someone could pick something useful from my Vanessa, but if helped you to figure something then I'm glad. Anyway, I don't know in which tier is she officially falls in but she is goddamn beast. I mean, you should disregard those Bryant weaklings and stick to Vanessa, lol jk :p
Mine will took a bit longer to be ready, but I'm slowly working on that.

Tenren

so i finally switched to hitbox, I have the basic but keep dropping combos lol, dam 9G+K launcher lol

RoboJoe

Real American gets stuck in my head every so often and I haven't watched wrestling in years. Man, I've haven't seen any wrestling since Benoit died. Have they stopped pushing Cena yet?

Game Over

Real American gets stuck in my head every so often and I haven't watched wrestling in years. Man, I've haven't seen any wrestling since Benoit died. Have they stopped pushing Cena yet?

Ok, so even being completely out of the loop recently, you NEED to watch the 2011 Money in the Bank PPV. That event was a pure DIAMOND, found in the middle of a coal mine of mediocrity, status quos, and weekly John Cena bull****. It had 2 skippable mediocre matches, but the other 4 were ALL main event caliber, putting the event as a whole on a level that TOPS a number of Wrestlemanias.

Plus, that crowd was one of the best crowds EVER. ESPECIALLY for the main event of the night. The last time a soldout crowd was THAT anti-Cena was One Night Stand 2006 in Hammerstein's Ballroom when Cena fought RVD!!! And from the surprise shoot that started it all, to each promo, to the match itself, that main event absolutely DELIVERED in practically every way possible!!!

And for another good match/PPV, check out 2012 Extreme Rules from earlier this year. Kinda similar to MITB, it has a couple skippable matches, with ALL of the big matches delivering the goods, and the main event being a thing of BEAUTY (just to see Cena get a BEATING that people have wanted to see him get for a LONG time!!).

TRI Mike

I think I don't get lag with anyone because I'm located in the middle between Argentina and the US. In fact I was playing a friend from SCOTLAND the other day with zero lag.

TRI Mike

I got an idea that might work. How about we all agree on having a customized outfit for our favorite characters following a given color or pattern¿ They'd be like FreeStepDodge uniforms in the game.

I usually just do blue top and black bottom for all my characters but we could work something out.

Omnistalgic

Love this game, but after getting to 2nd Dan, starting to get beat a little too often. I main Lion, will pick up Jacky/Lau (wish I had the skill to play Akira effectively) but man, I really seem to be losing to Derpness. Wolf running around during that stupid rush move, getting hit on wakeup because it looks like I'm too far away, etc...Coming from SF4, it takes a lot of getting used to just to block effectively. Anyway, I can tell these players aren't really "outsmarting" me, and VF5 is a game that I was told to be all about skill. I'm pretty decent in SF, so I just want to get to that level with this title.

PSN is OmniCloud, would really like to play against good Lion players, as I don't see a lot of him online and he's my favorite character. But, it also seems like characters like Jacky/Lau can go more on "auto-pilot" a bit easier than Lion. So what are you guys bnb with Lion and are you having success with him against most of the cast? Dying for a good spar, tired of losing to players I know I would crush in a game I'm more competent. It actually hurts my pride a little ;-(

I want to get the costume unlocks for Lion and Jacky, but I feel like I haven't deserved that option yet'-(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD