The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei Game Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articl...e-english-voice-work-will-have-/1100-6464731/

Persona Q2 coming to the west but won't have ENG VA. The game will have English text and subtitles.

Turns out Atlus has to pay some sort of compensation for the VAs and some were uncredited (NPCs etc.) Atlus didn't go with it, so they are going with the JPN voice cast (which is still good honestly).

persona q2.jpg

Atahotaku

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articl...e-english-voice-work-will-have-/1100-6464731/

Persona Q2 coming to the west but won't have ENG VA. The game will have English text and subtitles.

Turns out Atlus has to pay some sort of compensation for the VAs and some were uncredited (NPCs etc.) Atlus didn't go with it, so they are going with the JPN voice cast (which is still good honestly).

View attachment 27568
Indeed, because having them would probably mean they wouldn't bring us the japanese's dub, and that's a shit. Even if I ended tolerating the english voice actor having played (and not finished yet x'P) Shadow of the Labyrinth, the english voice of P5 are quite worse than P4 and P3, so yeah, this is good news for me :D Sorry for those who want to play it with english's dub :S

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
I thought the English cast for P5 was great. Xander Mobus did well with Joker. It's not as good as his JPN voice but its not terrible. Ah well, its cool P3 female protagonist came back. I figured Atlus forgot about her.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
thoughts on Persona 5 Rehash featuring long haired FeMC from the P3 Portable series?

give me SMTV news already fatlus
I just think it's weird people think she's the female MC alternative when we haven't seen much of her yet besides what we've seen xD I think she's a new character on the side like how Marie was in Persona 4 tbh

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
I'm with Kasumilover. I get the feeling she will be the Aeon confidant. However, there is proof that she may indeed be the FeMC. The proof is that in the datamine for Joker in Smash Bros Ultimate, hackers discovered an "alt" for Joker named "Jane". And apparently this character "Jane" has a ponytail hair just like the girl referenced in the video. So maybe it is a female Joker. Either way, I'm excited to play P5 again after 2 years. Time flies by.

Btw, who is hyped for Joker in Smash? I hope his final smash is gonna be him summoning Satanael to do the Sinful Shell attack.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm with Kasumilover. I get the feeling she will be the Aeon confidant. However, there is proof that she may indeed be the FeMC. The proof is that in the datamine for Joker in Smash Bros Ultimate, hackers discovered an "alt" for Joker named "Jane". And apparently this character "Jane" has a ponytail hair just like the girl referenced in the video. So maybe it is a female Joker. Either way, I'm excited to play P5 again after 2 years. Time flies by.

Btw, who is hyped for Joker in Smash? I hope his final smash is gonna be him summoning Satanael to do the Sinful Shell attack.
I'm excited for him although I still need to get a Wii U myself :p xD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
A bit of new information. The official P5 Royal Site has been updated and new stuff and info coming in.

Site: https://p5r.jp/

Also introducing the new party member, Kasumi Yoshizawa:
D4668VFW0AAGuXE.jpg

D4668VNW4AAX2Bx.jpg
carousel_ss2_349a50e1f2c4bfda41fe20b74d4a72a8.jpg

carousel_ss1_636152c35cd81c7ec7eb14dec9d44aef.jpg

royal3_sec1_ss4_842c78fe143c2bc8ac82f5a82c22ad1a.jpg

royal3_sec1_ss3_19662297f68e7c6a4301bbdec85234fb.jpg

royal3_sec1_ss2_f18a0da1ce45545d855212de9a5ecfba.jpg

royal3_sec3_item1_ss_059adf75a4583c492bb4125cc718a29a.jpg

Other information that was gathered from what I hear:

- New characters / social link types to interact to / Romance (one of the new link types characters is also gay, so gay option is available for those that prefer it)

- New Personas (obviously)

- New difficulty has been added where new powerful enemies appear that will not be featured in the main game on normal nor easy. You can only encounter these enemies on Hard and above apparently.

- New locations, hangout spots etc.

- Each party member has newly added portraits for reaction (shocked, sad etc.)

- Extra dialogue (obviously, curious if they may have changed some text dialogue scenes to anime format, who knows).

- Something happens to Akechi later in the game, and it might be possible to permanently add him to your group as the story progresses.

What i'm curious about is if they expanded the story similar to P4 Golden. Will we see an after story? would be cool to see and hope.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Does these new sprites mean the comic cut ins are gone? Also i believe they saif theres g nna be a whole new semester and stuff. Most likely a post epilogue thing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD