The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei Game Thread

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
So, I'm about 95 hrs into P5R and I'm absolutely loving it. Already on new game plus. Overall though, I think enjoyed the new Velvet Room changes the most. You can literally make any persona into a god slayer now. I felt like a mad scientist in a lab when i made these lol. Now time for an Arsene-only run.
Persona 5 Royal_20200506212508.jpg

Persona 5 Royal_20200506212520.jpg

UpSideDownGRUNT

I never saw it coming.

Btw, I am really enjoying Royal. A lot of new welcome additions as well as quality of life that just strengthens the overall experience.

There's still a few flaws and some introduced thanks to the changes though... But overall a much better game imo. I just wish it wasnt full price £40 might be better since its a rerelease of a 3 year old game but oh well.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I never saw it coming.

Btw, I am really enjoying Royal. A lot of new welcome additions as well as quality of life that just strengthens the overall experience.

There's still a few flaws and some introduced thanks to the changes though... But overall a much better game imo. I just wish it wasnt full price £40 might be better since its a rerelease of a 3 year old game but oh well.

It's how I felt actually. In some ways, I feel as though the vanilla version shouldn't even exist when I played Royal. It was worth the money (in opinion).

At first I thought Kasumi was merely going to be a character to just be there for eye candy to score some sales, but she had a pretty good background overall (which I was hoping and they did). Even Akechi was a lot more tolerable now where his issues makes a lot more sense since it was more explained along the way with the actual confidant he has. Despite him being wrong for what he did, getting to that conclusion to begin with and how it all started for him to be that way was a bit sad, honestly felt bad for that guy. Kick ass party member though.

Last edited:

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
I'm surprised no one posted this yet. I actually saw this on youtube a couple months ago but forgot to post here. This is the actual English voice actors singing this btw - Robbie Daymond and Xander Mobus. Man, imagine if this was included in Akechi's confidant lmao.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
ONE MORE GOD REJECTED!!! I'm so hyped for the nocture remaster and that we finally getting SMTV news (about damn time lol). From the looks of it, it seems we're also going to be able to play the Nocturne Maniax edition, since they showed Raidou Kuzunoha at the end there. FINALLY. Maybe in the future they will remaster the Raidou games too.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Still unfortunate Dante didn't return as the game had even a lot more purchase because of it (shoutouts for Katsura Hashino which was the original director for confirming that). I think Kazuyuki Yamai is handling it which he does a good job at things actually.

For anyone playing SMT3 for the first time, don't be surprised making it to Matador and getting stuck like:
EdYEpLvWAAE7g3r

Especially Mot. Thing had me thinking for 20 minutes lol.

There's also a possibility that they may get adjusted though so it's not bad.

Last edited:

Macca Beam

yeah you will be able to download the free Merciful mode dlc which will simply delete matador from the game. i find it a bit sad that the next generation is gonna miss out on a series staple

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
yeah you will be able to download the free Merciful mode dlc which will simply delete matador from the game. i find it a bit sad that the next generation is gonna miss out on a series staple

Wait, they are adding a mode that completely removes Matador? that's....weird, huh oh wow.

That's so weird that you'd think they could of just adjusted Matador, but removing is a whole new one lol. Honestly it would even make more sense on doing something like that to Mot rather than Matador lol.

EDIT: Perfect example, someone knows! LEL

Mot was a problem LEL

Macca Beam

just debuff him bro
i was joking about matador being removed, but there is an additional difficulty below Normal so it's ea...sy to guess its effects. the duel would no longer be a duel

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Dante has returned. As it should be. Still, was never a huge fan of DMC2 edge-cold Dante so was sorta hoping this version of Dante was scrapped, but hey beggars can't be choosers.

The thing with Dante was that his unit was mid tier in the original PS2 version though, so using him was basically "just there"{, in some parts he was practically not even used so hopefully that gets fixed up.

It's Dante. Should of been the best damn unit in the game. It's not even up to discussion.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I just now caught this from a Persona collab Star Ocean did, and they remixed one of the best tracks from Star Ocean into a Jazzy Persona style. At 1:20 is when that violin truly hits the mind.

That's an official track. Super late I know, but overall epic.

Last edited:

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Persona 5 is literally everywhere these days. I wouldn't be surprised if Joker ends up being in Mario Kart for Christs sake lol. Also Atlus has an announcement coming for the 25th anniversary of Persona. Got a feeling its Persona 5 Arena......or maybe its Persona 5 Steal Your Kart! I knew it!

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
So, how’s everyone enjoying Persona 5 Strikers so far? I’m only 10 hours in but I am absolutely in love with the game. The combat really feels different from the other musou games I’ve played. Its so much more dynamic and fun. Oh and the music slays as always lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD