The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei Game Thread

Ninoasker

I have no problems with them releasing P5R as the new "store shelf" P5 game, but I hope they also release it as a paid update for people who already own the base P5 cause paying 60$ for the same game with just 4 or 5 additions/changes, as important as they are, is a big no no for me. World of Final Fantasy did this with the Maxima update, which basically did the same as P5R looks like its doing (adding new characters, bosses, QOL fixes... to the base game). This could've pretty easily been an expansion and not an entire game in itself with the price tag of a NEW release imo but :rolleyes:

And if P5S ends up being a Switch version of the original game then I think they'll have even more reasons to release this as a paid update so in the future they can also put it on the eShop.

Xhominid The Demon Within

A bit of new information. The official P5 Royal Site has been updated and new stuff and info coming in.

Site: https://p5r.jp/

Also introducing the new party member, Kasumi Yoshizawa:
D4668VFW0AAGuXE.jpg

D4668VNW4AAX2Bx.jpg
carousel_ss2_349a50e1f2c4bfda41fe20b74d4a72a8.jpg

carousel_ss1_636152c35cd81c7ec7eb14dec9d44aef.jpg

royal3_sec1_ss4_842c78fe143c2bc8ac82f5a82c22ad1a.jpg

royal3_sec1_ss3_19662297f68e7c6a4301bbdec85234fb.jpg

royal3_sec1_ss2_f18a0da1ce45545d855212de9a5ecfba.jpg

royal3_sec3_item1_ss_059adf75a4583c492bb4125cc718a29a.jpg

Other information that was gathered from what I hear:

- New characters / social link types to interact to / Romance (one of the new link types characters is also gay, so gay option is available for those that prefer it)

- New Personas (obviously)

- New difficulty has been added where new powerful enemies appear that will not be featured in the main game on normal nor easy. You can only encounter these enemies on Hard and above apparently.

- New locations, hangout spots etc.

- Each party member has newly added portraits for reaction (shocked, sad etc.)

- Extra dialogue (obviously, curious if they may have changed some text dialogue scenes to anime format, who knows).

- Something happens to Akechi later in the game, and it might be possible to permanently add him to your group as the story progresses.

What i'm curious about is if they expanded the story similar to P4 Golden. Will we see an after story? would be cool to see and hope.

So they made a whole new character rather than I believe one of the other confidants that was going to be a party member at one point? Meh, I like her Phantom Thief costume anyway and her aesthetic so...

Ninoasker

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Hory shet...*plays Last Surprise in the background*

I never saw it coming. We all thought it was gonna be a P5 port for the Switch. Guess not lol. I'm actually pretty hyped for this since I do like the Warriors games and I'm interested to see how they're gonna incorporate the Personas into the gameplay. And yeah adding to what Ninoasker said, if P5R lets you transfer your P5 vanilla save over (kinda like the P3 - P3FES transition) that would be cool. I spent over 300 hours in P5 and getting 100% compendium, maxing all links, etc. not sure if I got the time to do all that again lol.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Quite possibly one of the best type of content, P4 and P3 enters the game:

Also spoilers, but there's more to Akechi apparently.

I had a feeling since we never saw his body or confirmation of his death. Not me spoiling it, the translators and video literally put it out there according to reddit. I feel like they should of kept that one in secret or something.

Last edited:

Macca Beam

every time "Shin Megami Tensei" gets bumped into my vision and it's not news of SMTV(aporware) i die a bit inside

also i think 3 self insert gary stus in one place is a bit too much

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
YES!! I knew they would do this lol. I just had a feeling they'd put this idea in, kinda like how Demifiend was a boss in Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga and Raidou Kuzunoha was in Nocturne. A thousand times yes! Even more hyped for this game.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
This game looks better and better the more I look at it lol. It's coming to Japan February 20....so hopefully it comes to the west in the summer. Also, Ukyo Tachibana is Yusuke's ancestor lol just like how Bayonetta is Joker's mom.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yeah, a lot of people(including myself) original wrote Scramble off because we assumed it was gonna be like Hyrule Warriors/FE Warriors just a Musou with Persona characters.

But now they've shown off a ton, we see that it's not only a canon sequel but still primarily a Persona game over anything else.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
P5: Phantom Strikes Musou will feature two new characters (unknown if it's solely for this game)

To be truly honest, this is the first time I've actually seen gameplay footage. On top that I thought the video was Persona 5 the game due to the game's mechanical layout, but turns out it's the Musou game after all. It literally looks like you are playing P5 but another game on top of it. Threw me off lol.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

P5: Phantom Strikes Musou will feature two new characters (unknown if it's solely for this game)

To be truly honest, this is the first time I've actually seen gameplay footage. On top that I thought the video was Persona 5 the game due to the game's mechanical layout, but turns out it's the Musou game after all. It literally looks like you are playing P5 but another game on top of it. Threw me off lol.
This isn't a side game either, this is a proper sequel. Omega Force are pretty much co developing Persona 5 2

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Hoping for a summer release date. This game looks godliek. Also few more weeks till P5 Royal! :O
Such a shame we can't transfer our vanilla P5 saves though >_> 300 hours I'll have to do over again.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
So, how's everyone enjoying P5R so far? Only about 18 hours in and just beat Kaneshiro. So far, I'm liking all the cool changes they made. A shame I have to go back to eating burgers to boost my guts again though X_X

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So, how's everyone enjoying P5R so far? Only about 18 hours in and just beat Kaneshiro. So far, I'm liking all the cool changes they made. A shame I have to go back to eating burgers to boost my guts again though X_X
I'm gonna get it after I get the FF remake but I'm definitely excited to play it!<3

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Hoping for a summer release date. This game looks godliek. Also few more weeks till P5 Royal! :O
Such a shame we can't transfer our vanilla P5 saves though >_> 300 hours I'll have to do over again.

I bought a steelbook copy and gave it to my friend who really needed the money and couldn't buy it.

He is thrilled and I loved Persona 5. It was one of the best games of the generation. After he finishes it I'll give the game another go and give it back.

I'm not the biggest fan of persona overall but 5 was an achievement. He's not into Final Fantasy and that's where my time is going at the moment.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD