DOA5LR Top 10 Worst Moves

Kuga

I meant X360 controler. Its not that bad. Arcade Stick is very dificult to use at begining.

Lulu

I don't mind..... the pay off is I'l have an even better edge when it comes to execution.... eventually. It really really sucks when you buy something and then you can't even experience all of it. To me, moves I am unable to execute may aswell be DLC...
And the D-Pad on the 360 Controller is really bad.... to this very day I don't believe people who say they play on the D-Pad..... I call voodoo on that because I just can't wrap my head around it. Hell my brother and his friends play FG's on the D-Pad... even when I see it I still don't believe it..... as far as I'm concerned they are Half Human and Half Gods because I just can't do it.

Shabozz

A good visual if it helps;

Very good videos thanks for the upload. Been playing with Momiji for some time now and these both helped. Couple of questions i do have for you is that is the back flip something that should be used often than back dashing or is it something that you use because you're just used to doing it? Because i only usually do it after I knock an opponent down but even after that i usually just back dash. I seen that it set up a very nice footsie game and that's something that should be used with her considering that shes not as fast as Ayane Sarah and ect. Also the side stepping after like after a couple moves you used that sidestep in the second video to get that throw off Bayman was pretty good. I'm still working on which moves to actually use and rotate them to not do the same launcher or low punches and sweeps in a row. Feel like there is more but cant think about it lol.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Very good videos thanks for the upload. Been playing with Momiji for some time now and these both helped. Couple of questions i do have for you is that is the back flip something that should be used often than back dashing or is it something that you use because you're just used to doing it? Because i only usually do it after I knock an opponent down but even after that i usually just back dash. I seen that it set up a very nice footsie game and that's something that should be used with her considering that shes not as fast as Ayane Sarah and ect. Also the side stepping after like after a couple moves you used that sidestep in the second video to get that throw off Bayman was pretty good. I'm still working on which moves to actually use and rotate them to not do the same launcher or low punches and sweeps in a row. Feel like there is more but cant think about it lol.

I use the 7P back flip because it provides a good amount of space, while I also find utilizing it as I do give Momiji's footsies an edge alongside generic movement. 7P and 7K are a mix up, that allows 7K to stay fresh and keep it unpredictable. Both along with H+K also never allow anyone to just run in on Momiji at all, so you have an i12 frame high/mid fast strike mix up in her neutral game at different distances and different situations.

Momiji is also actually a little faster than Ayane, but Ayane is just overall a better character with better options.

Shabozz

I use the 7P back flip because it provides a good amount of space, while I also find utilizing it as I do give Momiji's footsies an edge alongside generic movement. 7P and 7K are a mix up, that allows 7K to stay fresh and keep it unpredictable. Both along with H+K also never allow anyone to just run in on Momiji at all, so you have an i12 frame high/mid fast strike mix up in her neutral game at different distances and different situations.

Momiji is also actually a little faster than Ayane, but Ayane is just overall a better character with better options.

Yes H+K is a good spacing tool that has good 12 frames and a spacing tool to keep people in check. It also goes with just having the experience in playing. Thank you sounds good will practice that a bit tonight when im playing. I'm still getting the gist of frame data which moves are negative on block and so on and so on. Just seems like a lot of characters mids are fast. I know a couple have 9frames so after their string i want to attack but it gets interrupted. But probably becuase its safe on block. Working on also countering and playing my match ups right. Only about 400 games in with Momiji but their is still a lot to learn and to work on. Thanks for the help.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah, learning to recognize when someone is free cancelling or delaying strings comes from playing a lot and learning different characters strings, you'll get there with time. The same with the frame data, pace yourself with that because that is a lot of information to learn.

Shabozz

Yeah, learning to recognize when someone is free cancelling or delaying strings comes from playing a lot and learning different characters strings, you'll get there with time. The same with the frame data, pace yourself with that because that is a lot of information to learn.

Thanks yes it is. Been taking it slow. Learning certain moves and especially string that end in a low kick or sweep. Or when to interrupt their string and ect. Practice practice but slow and steady wins the race.

Lulu

don't forget to learn the properties of her moves, especially from her Jump Stances. I think Uzukaze (9P) is better than Tenku (9P P+K) if you're going to use it Raw since Uzukaze has a mid Tracking Kick (9P PK).... its also a launcher.

Lulu

I know wana know that too.... I need a fast dash for Sarah's combo challenge.
I tried 633 but I get inconsistent results with that.

Shabozz

don't forget to learn the properties of her moves, especially from her Jump Stances. I think Uzukaze (9P) is better than Tenku (9P P+K) if you're going to use it Raw since Uzukaze has a mid Tracking Kick (9P PK).... its also a launcher.

Oh yes. I was in training mode looking at data and picked up a couple good moves and strings to lead to more damage. Especially 8P is really useful on a launch character. i been getting the extra damage i need to help close out matches and also get more damage in my combo strings. Been working well for me. Still learning more and more but my Momiji is getting up there to be versatile punishing whiffs agile and also to bring damage to mid kick holds which i didn't know of before. I agree. the Tenku P is what i use raw on opponents on wake up.or to close the gap sometimes because you get a guard break but it cal also be held so i use at risks.

Lulu

YAY !!!
And now for your next level of training..... knowing which of your moves to use in what conditions..... I.e. near walls, ceilings, in water/ice, distance from opponent, on which hit status, on slanted surfaces, on breakable enviromental objects, etc.

Actually since you're using Momiji The Tenku stance pretty much takes care of half of those things. ;)

Shabozz

YAY !!!
And now for your next level of training..... knowing which of your moves to use in what conditions..... I.e. near walls, ceilings, in water/ice, distance from opponent, on which hit status, on slanted surfaces, on breakable enviromental objects, etc.

Actually since you're using Momiji The Tenku stance pretty much takes care of half of those things. ;)

Ah this is true but it is something i also should train along with interaction combos as well. A lot of work but it will be worth it. Also her Izuna in home stage and ect. So yes more practice. Thank you for the help and tips as well. Really helps a lot and still so eager to play can not wait until i get off work to go practice. Always always room for improving.

Lulu

Ah this is true but it is something i also should train along with interaction combos as well. A lot of work but it will be worth it. Also her Izuna in home stage and ect. So yes more practice. Thank you for the help and tips as well. Really helps a lot and still so eager to play can not wait until i get off work to go practice. Always always room for improving.

One of Momiji's Hold properties changes when shes near a wall...... Theres an Emperor Cow Combo Video showing off this bad ass Izuna in the home stage using that hold..... ofcourse such a technique requires practice..... I didn't get that far.

Shabozz

One of Momiji's Hold properties changes when shes near a wall...... Theres an Emperor Cow Combo Video showing off this bad ass Izuna in the home stage using that hold..... ofcourse such a technique requires practice..... I didn't get that far.

Yes that also would be a next step is to look at combos. I would like to fight someone and get feedback on how I play what i should work on next. I know how my game play is but it can always be improved. Wouldn't mind having someone critique me on what i should do more or less be more active or be less active ect. Though you did help me out i need to see which moves i can do a launch off of and i need to go through and see whats mid low ect. What can i do after a kick which launcher should i use instead or 8K i use that a lot and that's bad. I know a little of what i need to work on but not everything.

Lulu

Yes that also would be a next step is to look at combos. I would like to fight someone and get feedback on how I play what i should work on next. I know how my game play is but it can always be improved. Wouldn't mind having someone critique me on what i should do more or less be more active or be less active ect. Though you did help me out i need to see which moves i can do a launch off of and i need to go through and see whats mid low ect. What can i do after a kick which launcher should i use instead or 8K i use that a lot and that's bad. I know a little of what i need to work on but not everything.

8K is a High Launcher (hits the opponents face).... if they perform a low hold then you will miss...... however, in my experience the majority of holds are mid so if you perform 33P then you might get held....
okay heres the thing with DoA..... regardless of what the common actions are you need to treat your opponent as if all that stuff doesn't exist, as if if you don't know which the most likely holds are....... study everyone you fight individually and use whatever launcher based on any patterns you've learned from your opponent since the fight began......

In short, practice and get comfortable with both methods, being flexible is what will ultimately lead to victory.

One thing to note is Momiji benefits from earlier launches do to the relaunch properties of her Tenku combo, 6PKK K/P. So luckily you can skip the stun game if you so desire.

So don't worry to much about which launchers you use..... focus more on conditioning the response you want from your opponent (After you learned the properties of your moves ofcourse.)

Shabozz

8K is a High Launcher (hits the opponents face).... if they perform a low hold then you will miss...... however, in my experience the majority of holds are mid so if you perform 33P then you might get held....
okay heres the thing with DoA..... regardless of what the common actions are you need to treat your opponent as if all that stuff doesn't exist, as if if you don't know which the most likely holds are....... study everyone you fight individually and use whatever launcher based on any patterns you've learned from your opponent since the fight began......

In short, practice and get comfortable with both methods, being flexible is what will ultimately lead to victory.

One thing to note is Momiji benefits from earlier launches do to the relaunch properties of her Tenku combo, 6PKK K/P. So luckily you can skip the stun game if you so desire.

So don't worry to much about which launchers you use..... focus more on conditioning the response you want from your opponent (After you learned the properties of your moves ofcourse.)

I actually never thought about it. That's a very good way to look at it thank you. I will practice both ways of launchers and remember to study my opponent and catch him off guard if i can. You're right being flexible is the ultimate goal that will open up opportunities to get combos in and deal damage. Thanks this really helped me out a lot. i was so worried about what i should do next and not pay attention to what my opponent is doing.

Lulu

Yep.... its tricky.
Even the pros do it, when you practice something so long and finally reach a competive level then they screw up once in a tournament, they forget the opponent and stubbornly try to get right execution right.....
Thats why you should be flexible, if you have a revised script in your head of what you think is suppose to happen then when that thing doesn't happen you don't want to be that guy that gets the same move held 5 times in a row.....
We've all been there.... that part of the match where we screw up the last input of an Izuna combo...... we stubbornly try it Again and again and again until we get it right..... LOL I think sometimes an opponent will take pitty on you and let you try to finish the Izuna sometimes....

Shabozz

Yep.... its tricky.
Even the pros do it, when you practice something so long and finally reach a competive level then they screw up once in a tournament, they forget the opponent and stubbornly try to get right execution right.....
Thats why you should be flexible, if you have a revised script in your head of what you think is suppose to happen then when that thing doesn't happen you don't want to be that guy that gets the same move held 5 times in a row.....
We've all been there.... that part of the match where we screw up the last input of an Izuna combo...... we stubbornly try it Again and again and again until we get it right..... LOL I think sometimes an opponent will take pitty on you and let you try to finish the Izuna sometimes....

Man it's crazy. I couldn't have said that better than myself. It happened yesterday where I couldn't do a move so I chose to do it over and over until I got it but it didn't work out. I think gamers themselves apply the most pressure to themselves on doing things right or could have been better. Fighting games are like working out in the gym you know. If you don't put forth any efforrt you won't see any results. I think we be so hard on ourselves. Not that it's a bad thing it's just that we try to do so much and not take it step by step. No matter what you do their is no fast way no easy way. You have to do everything else The person you see at evo and stuff before you do. Practice.

Lulu

Yep.... :)
What was that cheezy line they keep saying in Kung Fu movies ? "To defeat your greatest enemy you must first conquer yourself" ? Something like that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD