DOA6 Version 1.15 Released - New Slow Motion Effect

Team NINJA has released yet another new patch for Dead or Alive 6 including free game changes & paid DLC for all platforms! Players discovered new gameplay adjustments hours before the patch notes dropped at Team NINJA's official website. New 'Training Gear' DLC has been released, and Team NINJA has a free Kasumi outfit prepared for all players to celebrate 2 million Core Fighters downloads.

While Diego and Rig's 1P commands remain intact, Black Moon & Emery Reigns quickly discovered that most low-tracking 1Ps have been nerfed. Some players could consider this a very good thing for the game considering the strength of these moves, but others may wonder why on earth Momiji would be nerfed of her natural combo from this input when she's already near the bottom of the tier list. Hayate was beginning to build momentum in the offline scene with an impressive showing from Perfect Legend, but his 1P natural combo has also been nerfed!

As of 1.15 there is a new slow motion effect that should prove to be useful against some annoying attacks. So far this feature has been a well-received by most and has been noted to help punish against various unholdable moves.

Community: what do you think of the 1.15 update and what did you find prior to the notes? Do not forget to download your free Kasumi costume, and PlayStation Plus members still have a few days to get their free premium tickets for one DLC costume.

Last edited:
Tier lists literally change for people after tournaments. I remember people said Alpha sucked at the beginning of vanilla. She had craaazy advantage on 7K, more OH damage that was eventually nerfed and a bunch of other things.

After BladeZ won NEC 13 with Alpha and all of a sudden Alpha needed to be banned. Eliot is another prime character that people thought sucked and then boom BladeZ shut those people up too.

If you are just looking at it from a tool perspective there are too many variables. Making a tier list based on tournament use and wins seems more concrete to me. I don't judge a character by their tools because those tools might be better for someone else.
Again, that proves that the player is good with them. That doesn’t say anything about the character, fucking Xcal or SonicFox could be using Marie Rose and win a tournament. That doesn’t mean that Marie Rose is suddenly top tier. A player not winning a tournament with a certain character says very little about the character itself.

Tier lists are just a list where people give a character’s toolset a grade. A character with a higher toolset grade doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re better characters, it just means that it’s easier to win with them based on the tools that they possess.

Tournament results have nothing to do with tiers. Ayane hasn't won anything, but she is without a doubt a top tier character. You gonna say shes low tier because she hasn't won anything? Gehektabal won a tournament with Bass after the nerf making him mid tier, but by your standards Bass would be S tier for winning a tournament.

You sir are incorrect. Shimazu won with Ayane at the TGS tournament in one of the largest events DOA has had, and she's also had plenty of successful matches in Top 8. Bass has also won more than one tournament with lots of Top 8 appearances, but you have to constitute tiers changes with updates, and no matter how many updates we have Momiji will not win anything.

Character tiers don't change. People's perception of them changes because they often encounter more information (ie: tech) when watching the pros go at it. But if you've properly labbed, you'll already have a good idea how those things are going to play out before the tournaments, which then will at best validate what you already know or at worst be useless console lag (lol).

By that logic, the gaps in your knowledge won't be magically filled by watching tournaments, as all of those players in the tournament may also be lacking knowledge/variables that could drastically affect tiers (not to mention that tournaments themselves introduce a bunch of new variables in addition to all the ones present in the game's tools due to this thing called "meta").

At the end of the day, the competitive DOA playerbase is very small and filled to the brim with character loyalists. There are people who think that Rig is top tier simply because Hoodless is a top tier player and he happens to play Rig. But he's not winning because he picked Rig. Hoodless is winning because Hoodless is better than everyone else.

Hoodless himself thinks that Rig is a top tier character, and he's not "better than everyone else." That's you being an ass hat again unless you were just talking Rig specifically. Character tiers change all of the time, from update to update.

It’s not really lowering the skill gap, and people still need to enter training mode in order for them to punish those moves. The slow motion attack just makes it more reactable, slow characters like Raidou, Bass, and Brad Wong couldn’t benefit from it as much.

Maybe it’s just me butI don’t see how this game is a assisted fighter. The fatal rush is a pretty weak auto combo that can be punished and ducked easily. Break holds are stupid and ruin the momentum but I also don’t see how that’s much of a assist when it’s basically nothing more than a parry that does minimum damage.

Again, that proves that the player is good with them. That doesn’t say anything about the character, fucking Xcal or SonicFox could be using Marie Rose and win a tournament. That doesn’t mean that Marie Rose is suddenly top tier. A player not winning a tournament with a certain character says very little about the character itself.

Tier lists are just a list where people give a character’s toolset a grade. A character with a higher toolset grade doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re better characters, it just means that it’s easier to win with them based on the tools that they possess.

Tier lists are completely subjective and are determined by the character's viability through competitive play. Not tool sets alone. No definition says that. Honestly my point was Momiji doesn't rank high on most people's tier lists that I've seen and nobody uses her online, nobody uses her offline... her gameplay is unfortunately awful.

Her not winning anything in almost 7 years says a lot more than you insisting she's not bottom tier with no proof to back it up.

Last edited:
Tier lists are about tools and tech, because tier lists are decided by matchups.

As example, here is the French SC VI season 1 tier list:

But these matches simulations can change once someone find new tech, what before was 6 - 4 can be 5 - 5 and all always fall under people current knowledge.

Wins in tournaments are a different matter. You can main a low tier character but you could be luckly enough and end in a pool without bad matchups and only fight neutral or good matchups. You can also main a top tier character and find that people is trying to counter you. Like what happened to Azwel in some SC VI tournaments with people picking Amy and Taki as counter picks.

This is more relevant the more complex a game is, in games that are really complex some low tier characters can easily win tournaments because no one tried to learn the matchup and people couldn't adapt to that character through the tournament.

Look at Voldo, Yutotto won this EVO with a character that has several bad matchups but no one tried to learn the character so a lot players didn't even know what was happening in screen.

Last edited:
It’s not really lowering the skill gap, and people still need to enter training mode in order for them to punish those moves. The slow motion attack just makes it more reactable, slow characters like Raidou, Bass, and Brad Wong couldn’t benefit from it as much.

Maybe it’s just me butI don’t see how this game is a assisted fighter. The fatal rush is a pretty weak auto combo that can be punished and ducked easily. Break holds are stupid and ruin the momentum but I also don’t see how that’s much of a assist when it’s basically nothing more than a parry that does minimum damage.

"make it more reactable" aka more easy to react aka lowering the skill gap,if before only some people could react and punish those moves in a real match,but with this change now most of people are gonna be able to punish thoses moves before they could not aka a lowering of the skill gap
Same thing for SE in doa5 either you learn how to SE max or will eat non SE combos/setups and SDS CBs all days

Break Hold is your i dont want to guess option and a easy way to switch your position/get out of the wall etc,sure you can bait it for a thow punish but still a shitty mechanic when in doa6 the meter gain is stupid

Fatal Rush/Fatal SDS are your discount CB with no need for the threshold to get your CB

When i say doa6 is a assisted game,i compare doa6 with doa5lr

At this point if doa6 gameplay/mechanics are the futur of doa then i would rather see doa turning into a party game instead lol

"make it more reactable" aka more easy to react aka lowering the skill gap,if before only some people could react and punish those moves in a real match,but with this change now most of people are gonna be able to punish thoses moves before they could not aka a lowering of the skill gap
Same thing for SE in doa5 either you learn how to SE max or will eat non SE combos/setups and SDS CBs all days

Break Hold is your i dont want to guess option and a easy way to switch your position/get out of the wall etc,sure you can bait it for a thow punish but still a shitty mechanic when in doa6 the meter gain is stupid

Fatal Rush/Fatal SDS are your discount CB with no need for the threshold to get your CB

When i say doa6 is a assisted game,i compare doa6 with doa5lr

At this point if doa6 gameplay/mechanics are the futur of doa then i would rather see doa turning into a party game instead lol
Comparing an updated version, of an updated version of a game, to a vanilla game that hasn’t even been released a year ago is quite, unreasonable I should say. DOA5LR was released in 2015, 3 years after it’s initial release. LR was the fleshed out version of DOA5. It took TN 3 years to perfect DOA5. I think 6 will also take around the same time, so give it time. Also, DOA6 is a completely different game in terms of mechanics and gameplay. DOA5 was very offense based and you could tech up people very easily, be really + and complete the cycle all over again, with also CB’s which you couldn’t do anything against. Some characters even had guaranteed CB set ups which granted them to do a max damage combo between the 40-50%. You didn’t even needed to do much to get that either. DOA6 is more neutral and defense based. The mechanics right now are still bad but I’m sure that with a DOA6U a lot will be changed and worked on.

Also, about the evasive holds. For you it’s lowering the skill gap, but I disagree. Some moves that could be held with an evasive hold barely could’ve be punished despite people being unsafe in that moment. It’s only giving people a little more time to react to it and punish it properly. Which to me, isn’t really lowering the skill gap, but making it harder by letting people know that they can’t use that move too often because they’re eating damage then.

You sir are incorrect. Shimazu won with Ayane at the TGS tournament in one of the largest events DOA has had, and she's also had plenty of successful matches in Top 8. Bass has also won more than one tournament with lots of Top 8 appearances, but you have to constitute tiers changes with updates, and no matter how many updates we have Momiji will not win anything.

Hoodless himself thinks that Rig is a top tier character, and he's not "better than everyone else." That's you being an ass hat again unless you were just talking Rig specifically. Character tiers change all of the time, from update to update.

Tier lists are completely subjective and are determined by the character's viability through competitive play. Not tool sets alone. No definition says that. Honestly my point was Momiji doesn't rank high on most people's tier lists that I've seen and nobody uses her online, nobody uses her offline... her gameplay is unfortunately awful.

Her not winning anything in almost 7 years says a lot more than you insisting she's not bottom tier with no proof to back it up.
It literally says nothing. Momiji is more popular with the casual fans, not the competitive fans. Momiji isn’t a bad character, but most people don’t use because other characters can do what she can but better. Also, so far I know you don’t really keep up with the Japanese tournaments except the international ones. So, how do you know if she hasn’t won anything?

Comparing an updated version, of an updated version of a game, to a vanilla game that hasn’t even been released a year ago is quite, unreasonable I should say. DOA5LR was released in 2015, 3 years after it’s initial release. LR was the fleshed out version of DOA5. It took TN 3 years to perfect DOA5. I think 6 will also take around the same time, so give it time. Also, DOA6 is a completely different game in terms of mechanics and gameplay. DOA5 was very offense based and you could tech up people very easily, be really + and complete the cycle all over again, with also CB’s which you couldn’t do anything against. Some characters even had guaranteed CB set ups which granted them to do a max damage combo between the 40-50%. You didn’t even needed to do much to get that either. DOA6 is more neutral and defense based. The mechanics right now are still bad but I’m sure that with a DOA6U a lot will be changed and worked on.

Also, about the evasive holds. For you it’s lowering the skill gap, but I disagree. Some moves that could be held with an evasive hold barely could’ve be punished despite people being unsafe in that moment. It’s only giving people a little more time to react to it and punish it properly. Which to me, isn’t really lowering the skill gap, but making it harder by letting people know that they can’t use that move too often because they’re eating damage then.

It literally says nothing. Momiji is more popular with the casual fans, not the competitive fans. Momiji isn’t a bad character, but most people don’t use because other characters can do what she can but better. Also, so far I know you don’t really keep up with the Japanese tournaments except the international ones. So, how do you know if she hasn’t won anything?

You kinda supported proved my argument there.

Name one tournament in Japan that I may have missed. I keep up with pretty much the entire scene. It's very seldom I miss an event so I'm actually interested here.

Hoodless himself thinks that Rig is a top tier character, and he's not "better than everyone else."
Hoodless is better than everyone else. He's not necessarily smarter than everyone else.

That's you being an ass hat again unless you were just talking Rig specifically. Character tiers change all of the time, from update to update.
Aside from the sidestep revision, DOA6's updates haven't changed anyone's tier placement, excluding new characters.

You're wrong both objectively and subjectively. Exciting.

Character tiers change all of the time, from update to update.
no matter how many updates we have Momiji will not win anything.
lolokboomer

The "no proof" comment is also a bit silly, since there is proof. It's called "her kit," and we would be happy to discuss that if you weren't so insistent that you were just going to disregard that and observe tournament results exclusively. But you are deliberately ignoring inconvenient data and instead focusing solely on tournament results. You could argue that we are ignoring tournament data, except that we have actually given a pretty sound reason why: the sample size is simply too small for that to be used as a primary indication of all characters' tiers. You have not given any compelling reason as to why kits/labbing/tech should be ignored in favor of tournament results aside from "It's too hard for my brain to comprehend how complex it all is!" But just because you can't sort it out doesn't mean others can't.

Oh, and remember when you ignored tournament results to insist that Marie wasn't bad, and then defended your position by raising MU concerns that you hadn't properly labbed? I do. There's a reason Linerback switched to Kasumi every time he got into hot water. It's because Marie is shit and if you had bothered to lab properly you'd have already known that.

Beating Marie to the initial punch is not hard, even with Tina, but if the R1F options alone dictated tiers so strongly that they overshadowed the rest of a useless kit, keep in mind that Rig's R1F gets absolutely destroyed by any i9/i11 character, so "top tier" would be a dubious proposition.

Hoodless is better than everyone else. He's not necessarily smarter than everyone else.

Aside from the sidestep revision, DOA6's updates haven't changed anyone's tier placement, excluding new characters.

You're wrong both objectively and subjectively. Exciting.

lolokboomer

The "no proof" comment is also a bit silly, since there is proof. It's called "her kit," and we would be happy to discuss that if you weren't so insistent that you were just going to disregard that and observe tournament results exclusively. But you are deliberately ignoring inconvenient data and instead focusing solely on tournament results. You could argue that we are ignoring tournament data, except that we have actually given a pretty sound reason why: the sample size is simply too small for that to be used as a primary indication of all characters' tiers. You have not given any compelling reason as to why kits/labbing/tech should be ignored in favor of tournament results aside from "It's too hard for my brain to comprehend how complex it all is!" But just because you can't sort it out doesn't mean others can't.

Oh, and remember when you ignored tournament results to insist that Marie wasn't bad, and then defended your position by raising MU concerns that you hadn't properly labbed? I do. There's a reason Linerback switched to Kasumi every time he got into hot water. It's because Marie is shit and if you had bothered to lab properly you'd have already known that.

Beating Marie to the initial punch is not hard, even with Tina, but if the R1F options alone dictated tiers so strongly that they overshadowed the rest of a useless kit, keep in mind that Rig's R1F gets absolutely destroyed by any i9/i11 character, so "top tier" would be a dubious proposition.

I love Hoodless, but he was never able beat Killy and I think Killy would have won had he made it. I could go on.

Seriously though point me to the official tier list because at large I've only seen personal lists.

Not to mention it wouldn't matter if Marie Rose won every tournament. You are like a tree deep rooted into your own twisted beliefs.

I love Hoodless, but he was never able beat Killy and I think Killy would have won had he made it. I could go on.
Oh, I get it. Your complete aversion to inference applies to turns of phrase.
Let's try this again: "Hoodless wins because he outplays his opponents, not because he picked Rig on the character select."

Seriously though point me to the official tier list because at large I've only seen personal lists.
What kind of asinine point is this? The only way a tier list could be "official" is if TN themselves released or validated one. Everything else is personal, including your haphazard tally of tournament results. You could claim that the observations from tournament results are rooted in objective data, but the amount of variables that could corrupt that data and the subjective interpretation of that data far outweighs the literal objective data itself (character kits).

Not to mention it wouldn't matter if Marie Rose won every tournament. You are like a tree deep rooted into your own twisted beliefs.
When your beliefs are reality, twisted is the name of DOA6's game.

In the bizarre event that Marie won every tournament, I would question my judgment. But that won't happen unless she receives major buffs, the rest of the cast receives major nerfs, or everyone good stops playing and we're just left with loli stans at every tourney (the most likely option of the three, at this point).

Didn't Marie Rose get second place in one of the earlier tournaments in Japan? So I guess that would make her high tier?

I have no need for a explanation about doa5 mechanics/gameplay/setup,etc... lol iv spend most of my time in training mode and going to tourneys during doa5 life time and i still play and have fun with the game from time to time

If you get knock down you shoud not be at + and make people afraid of your wake up , it doesnt make any sense

You have your own view about the skill gap i have mine,like iv said being able to react and punish those moves is reward you earn with time ,making those moves more easier to punish to me is lowering the skill gap

I envy you lol you sill have hope for doa6u,i dont, i already know that the doa6 shitty mechanics will stay and that they will not bring back SE,SDS,revert back some stun propriety and a good stun game like doa5

Last edited:
The only good thing about doa5's stun game was it had a lot of unholdable stuns. That's it. I like the shorter stuns being closer to doa3 stuns. We just need more stuns that you cant get out of.

The only good thing about doa5's stun game was it had a lot of unholdable stuns. That's it. I like the shorter stuns being closer to doa3 stuns. We just need more stuns that you cant get out of.
Most unholdable stuns were inflicted after an initial hit confirm stun, essentially making them the same as stun>launch but with one extra step. With DOA6 removing crit threshold launch height modifiers, stun>launch or simply CH launch is the name of the game to avoid stuns that can be held out of.

Don't get me wrong, I've been campaigning for the return of more diverse stun types since DOA6 dropped. But this whole dick sucking of 3 just because everyone's grandpa is rapt with nostalgia is always funny to me.

Most unholdable stuns were inflicted after an initial hit confirm stun, essentially making them the same as stun>launch but with one extra step. With DOA6 removing crit threshold launch height modifiers, stun>launch or simply CH launch is the name of the game to avoid stuns that can be held out of.

Don't get me wrong, I've been campaigning for the return of more diverse stun types since DOA6 dropped. But this whole dick sucking of 3 just because everyone's grandpa is rapt with nostalgia is always funny to me.

Its because doa3 was a good game. DoA5's long ass stun game that it took from 4 can rot in hell. Stun game in 2U and 3 was perfectly fine. We didn't need this stupid extended stun game to get different height variations which just added to the randomness of doa.

Looks like I found an exit point. But on my way out:

Brute you need someone to hold you. Just because someone loves DOA3 doesn't make them old. Most people love DOA3. Besides DOA3 isn't that old. John Wayne is old.

I get that you are upset about Leon, but he'll have his day in the sun. What do you want me to do? Go on their Twitter and raise hell? It worked for Rachel and Momiji.

Actually, it's because you're old and nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

You're unable to accept anything that isn't a re-release of an ancient relic, complete with cobwebs and the rust of time.

I still have an play frequently doa3.1 and it mechanically is still the best doa out there. End of story.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD