Media Warrior's Wrath: A Leon Match Video Thread

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
BEHOLD! THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD’S STRONGEST VIDEO IN THE WORLD!

This video is meant to shed some light on what Leon is capable of. It goes over B&B setups, Critical Burst setups, Power launcher combos (indoors and outdoors), as well as environmental combos (an area Leon excels in). All the combos displayed in the video cannot be stagger escaped, which means that your opponent is put in a situation where he is forced to guess and risk a hold.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining.

EN Version:

JP Version:

More coming soon so stay tuned !

Argentus

BEHOLD! THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD’S STRONGEST VIDEO IN THE WORLD!

This video is meant to shed some light on what Leon is capable of. It goes over B&B setups, Critical Burst setups, Power launcher combos (indoors and outdoors), as well as environmental combos (an area Leon excels in). All the combos displayed in the video cannot be stagger escaped, which means that your opponent is put in a situation where he is forced to guess and risk a hold.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining.

EN Version:

JP Version:

More coming soon so stay tuned !

Hell yes. I was worried it was just gonna be standard juggle nonsense, like a lot of "combo vids" i've seen of characters, but the second half of that vid is straight up raw Leon! Over half health off like 3 hits, none of which is really complicated or comboish or anything like that, its just Leon being Leon, and I love it! That's not stuff you even practice, that's stuff that just HAPPENS with him, it's why he's so freaking awesome.

Awesome vid.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
A match against a random Helena in ranked.

After that match, the Helena player sent me two messages.

Helena douche 1.jpg Helena douche 2.jpg

I don't know what he meant by "the game is not to be played like that". The only thing I can think of is that he was referring to the environmental setups and that I'm not supposed to use the environment, which is dumb as shit.

I also don't know what "sore excuse for a player" means.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
here let me translate that for you

"the game is not to be played like that"
"great game man, i really need stay away from those dam breakables next time you messed me up pretty bad with those though admintingly i still have trouble with tech rolling"

"sore excuse for a player"
"look forward to our next match, next time it wont be so easy though ;)"

you gotta understand it takes awhile for people to type on xbox so the usually resort to this sort of qausi-paraphrasing.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I almost never get talked down about my Leon play, most people say stuff along the lines of "Damn, never seen a good Leon like that before." Thanks to recent frustrations called loss streaks I'm picking Mila back up again...and Ein is almost considered my #1 character (that's how bad my loss streaks have been. I play ranked to get my name up in the Leon boards, should probably go wreck house in Tag at some point).
I have videos (both before NEC and after NEC) and I'll get to uploading them later tonight.
BTW Penguin, is using 3K when next to a breakable your personal reaction or just something to be more guaranteed? I'm not gonna down talk you for doing a good job but I go for the P+KT when that close and use 3K when I have to run in.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I almost never get talked down about my Leon play, most people say stuff along the lines of "Damn, never seen a good Leon like that before."

Same here, actually. If I get a comment at all, that is. This guy was an exception though.

BTW Penguin, is using 3K when next to a breakable your personal reaction or just something to be more guaranteed? I'm not gonna down talk you for doing a good job but I go for the P+KT when that close and use 3K when I have to run in.

P+KT is better, I know. Only use 3K if you have to run in. You're doing it right. I still have issues getting the throw from P+KT to connect online and sometimes default to 3K, 214P. I need to work on it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Same here, actually. If I get a comment at all, that is. This guy was an exception though.

P+KT is better, I know. Only use 3K if you have to run in. You're doing it right. I still have issues getting the throw from P+KT to connect online and sometimes default to 3K, 214P. I need to work on it.

The biggest issue to P+KT is that it varies for online. I avoid trying to use it if there is input delay within a match. I use it all the time though if the connection is just fine.

Argentus

I almost never get talked down about my Leon play, most people say stuff along the lines of "Damn, never seen a good Leon like that before." Thanks to recent frustrations called loss streaks I'm picking Mila back up again

Word for word, same goes for me for ALL OF THAT.

I love Leon and Mila equally, so its hard for me to choose who to play most of the time though.

I would love to use a mila/leon tag team just to use both, if it werent for the fact that tagplay is just a total joke, focused on just getting longass juggles off.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Okay, none of these are newer than one month old.

One of the guys I met in vanilla who played Bass was really impressed with how I used Mila. We friended each other on PSN and ran into each other in Ranked in 5U (we still do occasionally).

Yeah, not a Leon video but we played a couple matches in a lobby and I only saved this for one specific moment.

@Brute Denied! (Disclaimer: This wasn't Brute).
Can someone make me a GIF of that please?

Last two I don't remember why I saved.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Okay, none of these are newer than one month old.

One of the guys I met in vanilla who played Bass was really impressed with how I used Mila. We friended each other on PSN and ran into each other in Ranked in 5U (we still do occasionally).

Is that Junglist? Cool guy. (Although not sure if I'm right if it is him.)

Argentus

Some random matches.

Vs Helena (You can tell where I get frustrated and start spamming mid counter for a second trying to derail her little train.)

Rig video. I Really don't understand why people say he's such a bad matchup for Leon, he seems annoying, sure, but not particularly hard for Leon.

Vs Bayman vid. Headbutted him through every floor of the building in a single round, which made me smile.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Is that Junglist? Cool guy. (Although not sure if I'm right if it is him.)
Nah, AstroZombies. I've played Junglist, he isn't anything really special but still good with Bass.

Not gonna include the name but this guy was on a 54 win streak. (Just now)
Apparently I lagged to victory despite there being almost none to worry about (I was trying to be nice about it in a message, oh well).

Last edited:

Argentus

Nah, AstroZombies. I've played Junglist, he isn't anything really special but still good with Bass.

Not gonna include the name but this guy was on a 54 win streak.
Apparently I lagged to victory despite there being almost none to worry about (I was trying to be nice about it in a message, oh well).

oh my god tinas are annoying to fight. But then that just makes breaking that winstreak even more delicious.

Doa_Eater

It was me, no need to be nice about it, It was a heavy lag even for 1bar(not that u lagged purposely), but congratulation on your win, you deserved it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD