Weirdest Online Moments

Nameless Sama

Here is Hatemail video from this guy

I have noticed that are so many french people on PSN! On XBOX Live there are more german , sweden , australia , italian people better say from Europe in DOA5U. The funny thing is there are so little group of french people on XBOX LIVE. Xbox Live = green = more Italian people = more leon player :p. I am a witness of such epicness yesterday.

So yesterday I played with a friend from UK ( good quality) DOA5U on PSN and we played played.................. 2 hours later ........... we played ..................... -...................... ca. 20 min later 3 people from france joined to our friendly and quietly lobby. After winning 3 rounds they begun to insult my friend . I just watched the matches. We just stayed cool and looked how the situation would chance. One of the 3 wrote that I should chance the looby to tag and that I should fight at this time. So after 2 rounds I heared animal sounds form their mic but it came from their own mouth. Someone begun to sing after juggling me :O everytime. Everytime they made CB or some attacks they said " WOW "huuaaaaahhhh" " take that you dumb idiot" I feel like why do people this. Ehy so aggressive and begin with insults ? I never met them before. My little cousins laughed to death. If you ask why my cousins its simple to answer because the ps3 belongs to my both little cousins. I have a own Xbox. That is not the topic right now. The people from PSN ( some people ) are such brain dead. I mean you dont know this guy and begin to hate him and write him such scums things.

Brute

Standard Donor
If you say so. But they say the same thing about Ryu, that's he not really a rushdown character. And when you look at his frame data, it looks like they're right. But the best Ryu in the world is 98% rushdown (Master). The toughest Ein I've fought was full-blown rushdown as well (I believe it was Tight Eyez).

Argentus

Something wierd that I've noticed across all fighters. I know this is gonna unintentionally make me sound racist, but why is it that 90% percent of the only people who actually use mics, are drunk black guys? Again, not racist, just something I've noticed across years of fighters online lol.

Chapstick

So after 2 rounds I heared animal sounds form their mic but it came from their own mouth. Someone begun to sing after juggling me :O everytime. Everytime they made CB or some attacks they said " WOW "huuaaaaahhhh" " take that you dumb idiot" I feel like why do people this. Ehy so aggressive and begin with insults ? I never met them before.
I was actually fighting a guy like this last night. Every time I'd hit him or beat out one of his moves with one of mine he'd be like "WOW REALLY OKAY FUCK YOU IT'S ON NOW" and he'd do this over and over every person he fought. And when he won he'd be like "OH YEAAHHH"

I had no idea what to say but I wrote in the chatbox "you seem really energetic" and jfc he started freaking out "OH WOW OKAY REALLY? REALLY. I'M ENERGETIC? EN-ER-GET-IC. IT'S BECAUSE I'M LIKE ELECTRIC, I RUN ON ELECTRICITY AND BATTERIES I'M LIKE THE FUCKIN DURALAST ENERGY BUNNY OKAY I'M ELECTRIC" and this went on for a while actually. Then every time we fought (he was pretty good) he'd criticize my fighting and after every match he'd say something like "you know what you did wrong here and there, blaba majbanabj sk" and his one friend came in and they'd be talking on their mics about everything I was doing wrong.

He did compliment my pressure and some of my fighting a few times, so it wasn't all bad.
Something wierd that I've noticed across all fighters. I know this is gonna unintentionally make me sound racist, but why is it that 90% percent of the only people who actually use mics, are drunk black guys? Again, not racist, just something I've noticed across years of fighters online lol.
In my experience it's been pretty even but most people with mics do seem drunk. One guy I fight every now and then get smashed and slurs on his mic.

Nate

As long as the racism cards are set aside, I'll share all the times I've come across someone using their mic on PSN DOA5U, it at least sounded like a black male. Was interesting to see someone else who shares this observation. Perhaps the African American men of the community are just more social. Usually when I play online (tall white geek), I'm too smashed to want to talk to anyone. I just wanna spam wind dash on Hayate and scream "NOT ENOUGH FUCKING PYLONS!" when I guess wrong.

Zeo

If you say so. But they say the same thing about Ryu, that's he not really a rushdown character. And when you look at his frame data, it looks like they're right. But the best Ryu in the world is 98% rushdown (Master). The toughest Ein I've fought was full-blown rushdown as well (I believe it was Tight Eyez).
Ryu doesn't have the best rushdown, but you can certainly pressure with him, he's got fairly decent strings, tracking within those strings, good throws etc, he can play gimmick but definitely get away with rushing down if done correctly. Plus Master is just such an amazing player anyway so he makes it work.

Ein on the other hand isn't really good at rush down, he's very steppable, crushable, somewhat telegraphed and fairly unsafe. Don't know what that Ein you fought was doing but I'd definitely like to see him play if he was making rushdown work.

Tenryuga

If Ein is rushing down he is doing it when he picks up momentum off knockbacks and knockdowns. Like for example 2H+K on the opponents wake up or running up to them and using H+K after a knockback. Or 3H+K / 236K / 46K on the opponents wake up. Anything else is full of holes and ineffective. If people are losing to it take Ein into the lab and learn his strings.

At neutral Ein has no pressure outside of his 2P and doesn't have a lot of speed to be free cancelling left and right nor does he have good strings that start with a fast mid. He's got no good delays outside of 3KK and 66PP variants in which both of the final hits of the strings are unsafe. 66PK is good but only has great reward at walls. That said he can play offensively but rush down? Nope.

His string mixup is poor. Everything is high to low or mid to mid of the same strike type. The high to mid options are either unsafe or worth anything from very little to jack shit. *cough* PPP *cough*

Something I would like to point out is that being offensive is not the same as being a rushdown character. Typically a rushdown character has access to things like frame traps and can keep the opponent on lock very easily with mid - low mixups and string delays.

Long ass strings certainly help out here as well as strings that contain tracking and/or aren't easily crushed. About 15-20 percent of the characters in this game have that. These are the VF chars, Zack, Helena, Alpha Hitomi, Rig, Gen Fu, Eliot, Kokoro. I don't mention Kasumi here for specific reasons. Anyone can PM me if they are interested in hearing why.

Since Hayabusa's spacing tools are all slow I wouldn't say he's meant to be a distance fighter. But with how his gap closers like his stance P I believe are quick and how some have him coming in at plus frames like 214P or 66K I believe I would definitely say he is capable of playing offensively against certain characters even though he lacks the 50 / 50's and pressure options real rushdown characters have.

Back to the subject at hand I had another moment where I was in a lobby with 2 people. One was the typical rager and the other was a huge fan of doa's females. They both had mics and when I selected kasumi the fanboy was like "ahhh kasumi~ she's so beautiful" in some weird voice. It was hilarious though because the rager was raging at me winning through using the same juggles but not setups and raging at the fanboy for "being attracted to video game bitches."

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
His string mixup is poor.
I would kill for his string options.

Something I would like to point out is that being offensive is not the same as being a rushdown character. Typically a rushdown character has access to things like frame traps and can keep the opponent on lock very easily with mid - low mixups and string delays.
Long ass strings certainly help out here as well as strings that contain tracking and/or aren't easily crushed. About 15-20 percent of the characters in this game have that. These are the VF chars, Zack, Helena, Alpha Hitomi, Rig, Gen Fu, Eliot, Kokoro. I don't mention Kasumi here for specific reasons. Anyone can PM me if they are interested in hearing why.
True, but there are other ways (see: Leon).

But with how his gap closers like his stance P I believe are quick
If you mean his ongyoin 6P (lunging elbow) it's 21 frames.
His standard stance-P is just that bitch-slap thing he does.

and how some have him coming in at plus frames like 214P
Your opponent has to be doing something very wrong to be hit with the standalone 214P as a gap-closer. So very wrong it rarely ever happens.

or 66K I believe I would definitely say he is capable of playing offensively against certain characters even though he lacks the 50 / 50's and pressure options real rushdown characters have.
66K is only +4 on block and forces him into ongyoin. His fastest mid (15) effectively becomes 11, thus only matching certain character's mids (did I mention that mid is horribly unsafe?). His only low is so reidiculously stupid from that stance it's not worth considering. 66K is not useless at all and it does have its uses, but given the mandatory stance transition, 20 frame warm-up, inconsistent hitbox and lack of tracking (something that sucks for Hayabusa given that everyone is SSing 24/7 at range anticipating ongyoin shenanigans) it's not one of your better pressure tools.

Back to the subject at hand I had another moment where I was in a lobby with 2 people. One was the typical rager and the other was a huge fan of doa's females. They both had mics and when I selected kasumi the fanboy was like "ahhh kasumi~ she's so beautiful" in some weird voice. It was hilarious though because the rager was raging at me winning through using the same juggles but not setups and raging at the fanboy for "being attracted to video game bitches."
lol

David Gregg

Our very own Devilreaper here on FSD just came into a gay lobby and said "I just want you to know that I love to stick my dick in clean tight pussy" and then left
I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but...what exactly is the point of gay lobbies? What does someone's sexual orientation have to do with how they play a fighting game?

Chapstick

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but...what exactly is the point of gay lobbies? What does someone's sexual orientation have to do with how they play a fighting game?
I guess it's sort of like a kinship thing in a game dominated by straight male players, like the one who had to come in and tell us all how much he likes dat cooter. I don't make the lobbies, but I'll go in them if I see them.

Brute

Standard Donor
Never understood the "girls only" lobbies and groups. They act like it's some sort of entitlement. Never understood it.

Chapstick

lol Chapstick now (b/c of your avatar) I picture you as Chansey sneaking into lobbies. XD
Me when I enter lobbies:

tumblr_mv3aptxZyM1rjenv2o1_500.gif

Me when it's my turn to fight:

tumblr_mgnagdvTm51rpibeno1_500.gif

UpSideDownGRUNT

Random lobbies are weird as hell...... This is kinda the reason I never enter random lobbies haha I'd rather play ranked :oops: I always think I'm not good enough xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD