"We'll meet very soon♡" The Tamaki Gameplay Discussion Thread

dreamobile

It's not, it's just probably the weight class and the launcher you used it from as well as if you used a fatal stun before the launch.
I was trying on lightweights, no fatal stun. The bound would miss sometimes if I used 9k or H+K to launch. 3P+K worked consistently though. Maybe I was just messing up.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I was trying on lightweights, no fatal stun. The bound would miss sometimes if I used 9k or H+K to launch. 3P+K worked consistently though. Maybe I was just messing up.
Try doing it after a fatal stun since they increase the launch height

Chaos

If you're preparing yourself to read Tamaki's OH on PS4 verison of DOA6 online good luck. This character will annoy the shit out of you LOL.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
"Ara ara, is this an Offensive Hold?"

The damage on a few of her moves on her juggles don't seem to scale by a lot either, specifically in the fireworks stage.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I found what I think is Tamaki's best damage route on Chinese Festival post soft wall splat to the crate and then the spectators to KO them. I'm gonna post it here later tonight for reference.

Also when you use her P+K to get the limbo stun for a guaranteed launch, you can use 1P after instead of her Fatal stun for launch height that's just as good. On Chinese Festival in the areas with the fireworks floors, the best route is 3P+K>3P+K>8PP/8K so you can get a consistent 9PPP bound or SSSS fatal rush for damage. Her 3P+K is also really good on the forbidden fortunate after the normal explosions since you can do too into her BB or SSSS iirc. I have a whole bunch of combos I teched as go tos so once I get home I'll post them since her damage is honestly really good, probably even better than most others once she gets a launch although her launchers usually too slow imo xD

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It's not easy to get but if Tamaki does her 8PP and it's done on block at max range she'll be left +4, but it's really strict. Tbh they should have just made the move itself +4 already since it's a static string, it's not gonna ever really hit unless your foe just doesn't want to sidestep or hold on reaction or if you get them to expect a tracking move on wake up.

If you can get the tip range memorized than her 4P and 4H+K become 13i tracking mids and her 1P becomes a 12i one and her neutral is basically in that instant 6i/8i/9i in punches and 10i/9i/10i in kicks. Her low OH can also can 12i lows in that moment and her 66T OH will be able to catch 14i mids.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Didn't see this in the thread and idk if anyone else knew but Tamaki's 3KP fatal stuns against crouching foes caught either trying to 2P or use a crouching low or mid, no wonder it's unsafe xD

It's a brief stun tho so you can only use her 9K as a launch since the stun allows only 18i attacks to connect and it basically forbids highs since the stun is crouching.

For everyone 9K>P+KP>6KK works as a launch from the launch or you can use 9K>KP6T if you want a floor ender.

For mids you can use 9k>P+KP>3PP or you can end the combo with a break blow or BB cancel instead of 3PP or you can use 3KP if you want to go for force tech shenanigans

For lights you can use 9K>P+KP>KP6T near walls for max damage, or 9K>P+KP>6P6T for ease. Both mids and lights tho can be put in a a launch that can lead to a BB

Some extra tech for it to add some set ups:

°If you think your foe with try a break hold, use her sidestep as a feint so you're +20, it'll throw off break holds if they mash it and you can use any launcher or attack that's 18i or slower to continue the stun.

°You can also feint with a low throw which will leave you +16 for similar set ups not including launchers. You can throw immediately after this if they BH for a hi counter throw. You can also feint with her holds oe expert holds(without extension) for +15 into in a stun or hi counter throw against BHs. If you extend them you'll be left +5, same if you use 7P which will whiff in open space.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD